Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Isaiah Renfro officially sells couch

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,684 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

phineas said:

Listen, no need to go after the kid. Just judge him as a player. He was ok as a true frosh. I hope he finds the passion again and shows up at SDSU or SJSU. His ability is unquestioned, just not motivated to be great, which showed in his playing time. Some of you guys are punk bitches. Same guys who punk on vets.

So we should celebrate a guy with all the talent in the world who just couldn't be bothered to try. Ok.
    Depression is serious for young athletes. Some kids cant adjust to being away from mommy. Its not a fake disease like ADHD, its real and yes, effects football players too. Guess Anthony Vonture just didnt want to try either? For most of you, he was arguably the greatest athlete to play at UW. YouTube him, catch up. See husky football existed before you recently showed part-time interest.
    Nate Robinson was the greatest athlete ever at UW. Period.
    Lawyer Milloy holding on Line 2. Would like to set up an appointment to kick your ass at 7-11 on Aurora.
    I'm hearing Lawyer wasn't even as good as Shane Pahukoa!
    You hear about as well as @GrandpaSankey sees.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    Mental illness tends to strike when people are in their late teens to mid 20's. Thankfully there are a variety of treatments and strategies to help compared to previous generations who tried to drink their way through it.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

Listen, no need to go after the kid. Just judge him as a player. He was ok as a true frosh. I hope he finds the passion again and shows up at SDSU or SJSU. His ability is unquestioned, just not motivated to be great, which showed in his playing time. Some of you guys are punk bitches. Same guys who punk on vets.

So we should celebrate a guy with all the talent in the world who just couldn't be bothered to try. Ok.
    Depression is serious for young athletes. Some kids cant adjust to being away from mommy. Its not a fake disease like ADHD, its real and yes, effects football players too. Guess Anthony Vonture just didnt want to try either? For most of you, he was arguably the greatest athlete to play at UW. YouTube him, catch up. See husky football existed before you recently showed part-time interest.
    How do you measure this? Nate was an excellent basketball player and great at NBA dunk contests.

He also did a nice job intercepting an underthrown jump ball at Pullman when he was beat on the play by a plodding 6'5" receiver.

Nate became a starting corner as a freshman by default. There was an embarrassing lack of talent in the defensive backfield under RN and for years after him.

Not to piss on his legend or anything. He was a great athlete and seems like a decent guy. I can't make a great argument for someone else over him I just wish he would have played a little more football so we could verify that he was actually good at it. Had he done that...great hoops player plus good football player...he'd have earned the honor hands down.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    chuck said:

phineas said:

How do you measure this? Nate was an excellent basketball player and great at NBA dunk contests.

He also did a nice job intercepting an underthrown jump ball at Pullman when he was beat on the play by a plodding 6'5" receiver.

Nate became a starting corner as a freshman by default. There was an embarrassing lack of talent in the defensive backfield under RN and for years after him.

Not to piss on his legend or anything. He was a great athlete and seems like a decent guy. I can't make a great argument for someone else over him I just wish he would have played a little more football so we could verify that he was actually good at it. Had he done that...great hoops player plus good football player...he'd have earned the honor hands down.
    But... But...

He's a legacy!!!! who probably gave apag the time of day one day instead of backhanding him like he deserved.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128

Thump said:

I get depressed reading that we lost a 4 star recruit that decided to leave the team.

The hangover from the one IPA I had last night doesn't help my depression either.

IPA sucks and all who drink it are fags. That means Seattle is 85% gay, cause that flowery shit is everywhere.

Wait. What's this thread about?
    Disagree.

But I'm curious to know which style of beer you prefer?
    I would imagine he's a Blue Moon or Angry Orchard Man
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

phineas said:

Lawyer Milloy holding on Line 2. Would like to set up an appointment to kick your ass at 7-11 on Aurora.
    But @GrandpaSankey sees better than you get sarcasam
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Thump said:

I get depressed reading that we lost a 4 star recruit that decided to leave the team.

The hangover from the one IPA I had last night doesn't help my depression either.

IPA sucks and all who drink it are fags. That means Seattle is 85% gay, cause that flowery shit is everywhere.

Disagree.

I went to a work party once where those 2 and Coors Lite were the only booze options at the open bar.

I left after 15 minutes.
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956

dnc said:

phineas said:

huh?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,005 Founders Club
    I just see it as FREE PUB!!! for our? off season natty!
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,314

I just see it as FREE PUB!!! for our? off season natty!
    We do have an unstoppable natty train this year
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,894 Standard Supporter
    edited June 2016

Thump said:

Disagree.

Both fag drinks, as well. Watch less TV, @bananasnblondes.

Thump said:

Disagree.

Mainly Ambers, Reds, Porters & Stouts, @ThomasFremont. British>German (I hear minds exploding). Malty>Hoppy. Way too many shit IPAs on tap around here that taste like Rhoddodendrons. Embarassing how poor Seattle's restaurant restaurant and bar patrons eat and drink. They'll drink turpentine if it's popular, and swear it's great! And they'll eat dog food tacos if they're from a food truck! Fucking lemmings with FS taste.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Thump said:

Disagree.

Mainly Ambers, Reds, Porters & Stouts, @ThomasFremont. British>German (I hear minds exploding). Malty>Hoppy. Way too many shit IPAs on tap around here that taste like Rhoddodendrons. Embarassing how poor Seattle's restaurant restaurant and bar patrons eat and drink. They'll drink turpentine if it's popular, and swear it's great! And they'll eat dog food tacos if they're from a food truck! Fucking lemmings with FS taste.
    Sounds like you drink shitty IPA. That's your own fault.

Most British beer sucks balls, even Brits will tell you that. Have you been to the UK?

German beer is FAR superior. Especially if you're a malt guy, like you claim to be.

Belgian beer is better than both.

And yes, I've been to all 3 countries and sampled the best of the best at the source.

A good NW IPA is the best thing in the world.

Seattle has the best beer options in the country. The West coast and Colorado are the only other places that even come close.

#BeerSuperiorityGuy
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Thump said:

Disagree.

Sounds like you drink shitty IPA. That's your own fault.

Most British beer sucks balls, even Brits will tell you that. Have you been to the UK?

German beer is FAR superior. Especially if you're a malt guy, like you claim to be.

Belgian beer is better than both.

And yes, I've been to all 3 countries and sampled the best of the best at the source.

A good NW IPA is the best thing in the world.

Seattle has the best beer options in the country. The West coast and Colorado are the only other places that even come close.

#BeerSuperiorityGuy
    New England, San Diego, and Michigan have pretty good breweries; I really love the Green Flash West Coast IPA.

As for Euro beer, Belgium is obviously superior, but I'd take something like Sam Smith or even Newcastle over the German macros. Though Germany and Czechia still make the best pilsners.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter
    Im starting to hate you both now.

British STYLE >>>> German/Continental Style.

IPAs far more interesting than browns & ambers.
    edited June 2016

Could you sound more like a woman Grundle? "Interesting?" For fuck sake.

Tommy: You sound just like the commercials.
    "Belgian is better than both." "A good NW IPA is the best thing in the world." You've done been branded, son.

And Brits don't know FS about food or drink. Everyone knows that. Not a reliable source.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter

Could you sound more like a woman Grundle? "Interesting?" For fuck sake.
    Would you prefer delectable, enchanting, or beguiling, Conan?