Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Isaiah Renfro officially sells couch

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,896 Standard Supporter

Im starting to hate you both now.

British STYLE >>>> German/Continental Style.

IPAs far more interesting than browns & ambers.

Could you sound more like a woman Grundle? "Interesting?" For fuck sake.
    Would you prefer delectable, enchanting, or beguiling, Conan?
    That's good. I laffing.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Im starting to hate you both now.

British STYLE >>>> German/Continental Style.

IPAs far more interesting than browns & ambers.

Could you sound more like a woman Grundle? "Interesting?" For fuck sake.

Tommy: You sound just like the commercials.
    "Belgian is better than both." "A good NW IPA is the best thing in the world." You've done been branded, son.

And Brits don't know FS about food or drink. Everyone knows that. Not a reliable source.
    What commercials?

"Branded"???

NW IPA and Belgian are two completely different styles.

I've seen first hand what the rest of the world has to offer. It doesn't compare.

Your anti-IPA hipster bullshit is cute. If you prefer another style, fine.

You're out of your fucking element.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tommy, give me a few IPA recommendations. I don't know much and stick to Lagunitas or Stone.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter

Tommy, give me a few IPA recommendations. I don't know much and stick to Lagunitas or Stone.

Those are both solid breweries.

Recommendations depend on where you are. IIRC you live in LA.

pFriem in Hood River is a new favorite brewery of mine. Lots of variety AND quality.

Reuben's in Ballard makes about 5 IPAs that are all amazing. Stoup Citra IPA is solid too.

Not sure how likely you are to find those in LA/SoCal though.

Ballast Point is based in San Diego, they should be in your area. Stay away from their IPAs with fruit in the name, Grapefruit Sculpin and another one. Just. Bad.

Rusian River is another CA brewery that makes good beer. Supplication is my favorite.

Funny thing is, plain Stone IPA is meh at best. Ruination is off the charts good.

Roadie, check out AleSmith, also from San Diego

Those are both solid breweries.

Recommendations depend on where you are. IIRC you live in LA.

pFriem in Hood River is a new favorite brewery of mine. Lots of variety AND quality.

Reuben's in Ballard makes about 5 IPAs that are all amazing. Stoup Citra IPA is solid too.

Not sure how likely you are to find those in LA/SoCal though.

Ballast Point is based in San Diego, they should be in your area. Stay away from their IPAs with fruit in the name, Grapefruit Sculpin and another one. Just. Bad.

Rusian River is another CA brewery that makes good beer. Supplication is my favorite.

Funny thing is, plain Stone IPA is meh at best. Ruination is off the charts good.

Roadie, check out AleSmith, also from San Diego
    Agree.

Their Drink By series has been pretty solid.

And the Oak Aged Arrogant Bastard is an all-time great.

Now drinking the Aslan Batch 15 IPA and it's tasty.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    As if being stuck in Arizona didn't depress me enough already...fuck you all and your fancy beer options too.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    edited June 2016
    Exactly WTF is a beer "style"? Some of you fucks are worse than the wine tasting fags. At least the wine fags tend to be overt about it.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    HuskyInAZ said:

Exactly WTF is a beer "style"? Some of you fucks are worse than the wine tasting fags. At least the wine fags tend to be overt about it.

Why don't you educate your ignant ass and find out.
    HuskyInAZ said:

Ignorance is bliss, eh?
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    You guys probably sip your fancy little micro brews with your pinkies out too don't you. You make me sick.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    I'm actually drinking a Rainier tonite because why not. Yesterday had some of Ninkasi's summer seasonal IPA; really nice by the way.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    I guess I need to educate myself on "styles" of apples as well.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,896 Standard Supporter
    OVERRATED: IPA
    "The most overrated beer style is the American IPA. I say this because it has become the mainstay of every craft brewery, with some producing multiple versions of IPA while neglecting other styles completely. I get it -- IPA is the top-selling craft beer style in the United States, so it makes economic sense to brew this style. But when IPA beers comprise such a high percentage of beers brewed by a single brewery, I think a state of overkill has been reached and exceeded."
    OVERRATED: IPA
    "IPA is easily the most overrated style of beer. I truly love IPAs, too. But between the hops and the alcohol, it isn't the most difficult beer to make. Sure, it's still tough to make an exceptional IPA. But to make one that's going to be good, you don't need the world's best brewmaster. There is little that is subtle about IPAs. They have big hop flavors, and are usually higher in alcohol. These two factors can mask a lot of flaws in beer. Some brewers will just slap you in the face with hops. And a lot of people like that, and will rate those beers very high. But the best IPAs and DIPAs come from a place of balance. Those that can walk this tightrope are the true artists of IPA, and there are few."

Go on enjoying the Budweiser of the craft brewing industry, IPA fags. Why even call it "Craft Brewing" anymore? Most IPAs might as well be brewed in China. Point is IPA largely sucks, yet, it's ubiquitous in Seattle where people lap it up like McDonald's hamburgers, thinking it's something special, because they don't know any better. That it's the cheapest and easiest to brew is quite telling, yet with a gullible, indiscriminate market, why not brew the cheap shit and market the crap out of it? A sucker is born every minute.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,685 Standard Supporter
    IPA's taste like bile.

Real men drink bourbon, whiskey and scotch.

And once in a while when it's really hot outside, a mojito. But only once in a while and without a little umbrella in it.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

IPA's taste like bile.

Real men drink bourbon, whiskey and scotch.

And once in a while when it's really hot outside, a mojito. But only once in a while and without a little umbrella in it.

POTD