Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fire Petersen Hire Chip

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    No I don't want to be Oregon North. Shaw and I'm in
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Swaye said:

Agree with op. We've played like fags for years. Why not be led by one?

Allegedly.

Hi Kim!
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Sad thing is some of you fucks agree
  • claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    Don't think many wants to be Eskimo bros with the fuxks that can't pump their own gas
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Gladstone said:

When did this shift to a Leach thread?
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Fuck that! No fucking trades!
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,908 Standard Supporter
    This is a joke, right? A completely absurd, ridiculous fucking joke, right? Without Mariota and Nike's $$$, fat little POS Chip doesn't make the top 25 in Div 1 coaches.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,066 Founders Club
    We prefer coaches that can't get within three months of a big game

Winning the Pac 12 whenever Stanford doesn't and playing in national championship games would suck big time

I'll stick with Heart of Dallas Bowl trophies
    I'll stick with coaches who actually prove they can do jack shit when the fucking table isn't set for them like it was for Fat Little Chip. Chip stepped onto the top floor of the program Belotti and Co. began building long before he was around, while Sugar Daddy Phil Knight wrote the 8 figure checks. They were elevating and kicking our ass while Belotti was still the coach, and all Chip did was garnish the already bountiful plate with his up-tempo shit. Big fucking Deal. Ever heard of Sam Wyche? Same shit. In this case, the difference was the caliber of the athletes, not the coach. Most programs couldn't compete with Phil Knight's bucks, which have poured into Eugene's football facilities and faggy-chic uniforms non-stop for a decade. Oh, and just a sample of players would include Mariota, LaMichael James, Blount, DeAnthony Thomas, Freeman, Benoit, Byner, Tyner, Marshall, and many other players who were three deep at U of O and would've started at most other Pac12 schools. Fucking Yankees of the Pac12, and some of you think Fat Little Chip is a great coach because he didn't fuck it up?
    edited December 2015

This is a joke, right? A completely absurd, ridiculous fucking joke, right? Without Mariota and Nike's $$$, fat little POS Chip doesn't make the top 25 in Div 1 coaches.

Except the best season he had was with Darron Thomas. And he also made a Rose Bowl with Masoli... But still.
    With Helfrich calling all his plays, as later during the Mariota years. UofO: Winning before, won during, winning since. But all credit goes to Fat Little Chip in the middle, 'cause he's magic.

Bottom line: Fat Little Chip is 0 for 2 against Peterson as both OC in '08 and HC in '09. But let's fire CP to bring in Fat Little Chip. That makes a lot of sense.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I'll stick with coaches who actually prove they can do jack shit when the fucking table isn't set for them like it was for Fat Little Chip. Chip stepped onto the top floor of the program Belotti and Co. began building long before he was around, while Sugar Daddy Phil Knight wrote the 8 figure checks. They were elevating and kicking our ass while Belotti was still the coach, and all Chip did was garnish the already bountiful plate with his up-tempo shit. Big fucking Deal. Ever heard of Sam Wyche? Same shit. In this case, the difference was the caliber of the athletes, not the coach. Most programs couldn't compete with Phil Knight's bucks, which have poured into Eugene's football facilities and faggy-chic uniforms non-stop for a decade. Oh, and just a sample of players would include Mariota, LaMichael James, Blount, DeAnthony Thomas, Freeman, Benoit, Byner, Tyner, Marshall, and many other players who were three deep at U of O and would've started at most other Pac12 schools. Fucking Yankees of the Pac12, and some of you think Fat Little Chip is a great coach because he didn't fuck it up?

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but you are a true moron if you believe Petersen wasn't set up nicely at Boise State. Like what Chip did at Oregon, Petersen took Boise to a new level, but he inherited a talented team (for their conference) that expected and knew how to win. They already had a winning culture in place before Petersen.

Oregon had some good players under Chip, but not many guys who are stars in the NFL. He was a great coach there.
    Funny how the blind hatred of all things Oregon amplifies the doog in some posters.

Fuck conference championships and BCS bowls, I wanna go 7-6 forever so we can talk about which 14 year old boy will be our savior in 2020.
    edited December 2015
    Moronic would be equating what CP took over at BSU versus what CK stepped into at Oregon. Sorry, Nike bought a few more players and facilities than Micron. Quite a few. And CP's BSU still beat them twice with CK as OC then HC at UofO. That's pretty damning against CK, considering the strength of conferences and recruiting. But let's ignore all that and pretend there's proof that CK is, pound for pound, a better coach even though he was given the keys to a Ferrari named Mariota. That's the contention I find absurd and moronic in this thread. You can argue you don't like CP. Fine. But to argue CK is a better coach because he drove a better car, i.e., had more talent? Nope. Doesn't work. BSU never had the talent UofO did.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Moronic would be equating what CP took over at BSU versus what CK stepped into at Oregon. Sorry, Nike bought a few more players and facilities than Micron. Quite a few. And CP's BSU still beat them twice with CK as OC then HC at UofO. That's pretty damning against CK, considering the strength of conferences and recruiting. But let's ignore all that and pretend there's proof that CK is, pound for pound, a better coach even though he was given the keys to a Ferrari named Mariota. That's the contention I find absurd and moronic in this thread. You can argue you don't like CP. Fine. But to argue CK is a better coach because he drove a better car, i.e., had more talent? Nope. Doesn't work. BSU never had the talent UofO did.

You serious, Clark?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Moronic would be equating what CP took over at BSU versus what CK stepped into at Oregon. Sorry, Nike bought a few more players and facilities than Micron. Quite a few. And CP's BSU still beat them twice with CK as OC then HC at UofO. That's pretty damning against CK, considering the strength of conferences and recruiting. But let's ignore all that and pretend there's proof that CK is, pound for pound, a better coach even though he was given the keys to a Ferrari named Mariota. That's the contention I find absurd and moronic in this thread. You can argue you don't like CP. Fine. But to argue CK is a better coach because he drove a better car? Nope. Doesn't work.

46-7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>15-12 as a Pac-12 head coach.

Even if you give Petersen his Boise record, Chip still has a better winning %.