Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fire Petersen Hire Chip

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,908 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2015

You're right Tommy! What does talent have to do with winning? Cyler Miles was the same as Marcus Mariota, right? Fuck. This is a waste of time.

Petersen is fucking terrible. Chipper ran train on the Pac-12.

Doog.
    No. Willingham was fucking terrible. Get some perspective.

Wait! You're actually calling him "Chipper?"
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Time to start new bored.

This one is flooded with doogs
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,070 Founders Club
    edited December 2015
    You should have quit while you were behind several posts ago. We get it. You think Chip's success was due to Phil Knight, Nike and 9 win Bellotti. Sizzle. You'd rather have the loser who can't even manage a winning conference record with a roster full of draft picks and ranked recruiting classes. We get it. You're such a doog that you don't even know what a doog is.

Time to start new bored.

This one is flooded with doogs
    It was bound to happen when posters like Harv and Sven got banned and we (WE???!) let in a bunch of doogman refugees.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Moronic would be equating what CP took over at BSU versus what CK stepped into at Oregon. Sorry, Nike bought a few more players and facilities than Micron. Quite a few. And CP's BSU still beat them twice with CK as OC then HC at UofO. That's pretty damning against CK, considering the strength of conferences and recruiting. But let's ignore all that and pretend there's proof that CK is, pound for pound, a better coach even though he was given the keys to a Ferrari named Mariota. That's the contention I find absurd and moronic in this thread. You can argue you don't like CP. Fine. But to argue CK is a better coach because he drove a better car, i.e., had more talent? Nope. Doesn't work. BSU never had the talent UofO did.

edited December 2015
    @RoadDawg55: The very title of this thread is what strikes me as dumb. Fire CP after 2 years and hire CK if he's available? You honestly think that would be smart? You honestly think he would win more games for UW and that his Oregon experience proves without a doubt that he's a better coach than CP? That same logic landed us Ty Willingham, who stepped into a Stanford program built into a top-tier program by Dennis Green (ignoring the reasons Notre Dame fired him for now), and it's the same logic that said Stanford would suck after losing Harbaugh. It's more than just the HC or the record. We overlooked what a genuine asshole and shitty person Willingham was, and look at the price we paid for buying that he was a "winner at Stanford." (I know the other political shit behind his hiring, but when I say "we" I mean the fanbase in general.) Victory has many fathers and defeat is an orphan. The serious point here is that CK gets too much credit for Oregon's reign atop the Pac12, considering his talent and the arc of the program at the time. Give credit where it's due, but don't ignore the foundation underneath a guy. Oregon did fine this year, almost beating Mich State despite losing Adams, and beat a very good Stanford team at the Farm, without CK, but with Adams at QB. Barring Adams injury, Oregon might be a playoff team this year, again, without CK, and it ain't because Helfort is such a Goddamn great coach. Like you, I'd love to see a new OC, and believe JS's bad decisions are so bad, they outweigh the good ones. As I've written before, if CP can't succeed at UW, I don't know who can in today's environment. But trolling for saviors and heroes is all we've done since Lambright got fired and overall, that's why the program is where it is today.
    Am I being whooshed here? Mods?
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    This is such a doog thread. Oregon almost beat MSU and would have beaten WSU if they had a QB!! Oregon had a great year, lots of moral victories.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

@RoadDawg55: The very title of this thread is what strikes me as dumb. Fire CP after 2 years and hire CK if he's available? You honestly think that would be smart? You honestly think he would win more games for UW and that his Oregon experience proves without a doubt that he's a better coach than CP? That same logic landed us Ty Willingham, who stepped into a Stanford program built into a top-tier program by Dennis Green (ignoring the reasons Notre Dame fired him for now), and it's the same logic that said Stanford would suck after losing Harbaugh. It's more than just the HC or the record. We overlooked what a genuine asshole and shitty person Willingham was, and look at the price we paid for buying that he was a "winner at Stanford." (I know the other political shit behind his hiring, but when I say "we" I mean the fanbase in general.) Victory has many fathers and defeat is an orphan. The serious point here is that CK gets too much credit for Oregon's reign atop the Pac12, considering his talent and the arc of the program at the time. Give credit where it's due, but don't ignore the foundation underneath a guy. Oregon did fine this year, almost beating Mich State despite losing Adams, and beat a very good Stanford team at the Farm, without CK, but with Adams at QB. Barring Adams injury, Oregon might be a playoff team this year, again, without CK, and it ain't because Helfort is such a Goddamn great coach. Like you, I'd love to see a new OC, and believe JS's bad decisions are so bad, they outweigh the good ones. As I've written before, if CP can't succeed at UW, I don't know who can in today's environment. But trolling for saviors and heroes is all we've done since Lambright got fired and overall, that's why the program is where it is today.

No, we? are where we? are today because we? have held on to loser coaches for too long (and run off the only winner).

Doogs love to hope for change.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,015

This is a joke, right? A completely absurd, ridiculous fucking joke, right? Without Mariota and Nike's $$$, fat little POS Chip doesn't make the top 25 in Div 1 coaches.

Other than the fact that this is 100% inaccurate and stoopid, I'm with you 100%.

Chip's best teams were led by Darron Thomas. Hope that helps a little.
    edited December 2015

Moronic would be equating what CP took over at BSU versus what CK stepped into at Oregon. Sorry, Nike bought a few more players and facilities than Micron. Quite a few. And CP's BSU still beat them twice with CK as OC then HC at UofO. That's pretty damning against CK, considering the strength of conferences and recruiting. But let's ignore all that and pretend there's proof that CK is, pound for pound, a better coach even though he was given the keys to a Ferrari named Mariota. That's the contention I find absurd and moronic in this thread. You can argue you don't like CP. Fine. But to argue CK is a better coach because he drove a better car, i.e., had more talent? Nope. Doesn't work. BSU never had the talent UofO did.

Oh brother, here comes the Nike whining. You are unbelievable, and wandering into krisvashon/Oregondawg territory.

Here's another thing that doesn't work: bitching about Chip's better players (which is part of running a team dumb fuck) and not bitching about Peterson's annual two-game schedule, which included the bowl games.

Fuck you are precious.
    I still prefer Adidas.

#RunDM.C
    And Creeper would have soiled his pantaloons if Miami hired Chip. He would have killed it with all that Florida speed.
    PurpleJ said:

And Creeper would have soiled his pantaloons if Miami hired Chip. He would have killed it with all that Florida speed.

Werd.

You're right Tommy! What does talent have to do with winning? Cyler Miles was the same as Marcus Mariota, right? Fuck. This is a waste of time.

Petersen is fucking terrible. Chipper ran train on the Pac-12.

Doog.
    No. Willingham was fucking terrible. Get some perspective.

Wait! You're actually calling him "Chipper?"
    Jesus H. Christ. There hasn't been one here like you in years. Thank you for the entertainment. Btw, your monkey just shit on the stage. Clean it up.
    edited December 2015

Chip took his talent, won Pac 12 championships and went to a natty. He won two Pac 12 titles over very good Stanford teams with Andrew Luck. This is one of the dumbest threads, at least for a serious one, in the history of HardcoreHusky.
    But we can't emphasize a very good Oregon team with Marcus Mariota. Logical consistency is dumb. Okay.
    Wish I could steal @puppylove_sugarsteel title of King Doog in just one thread. Congrats!
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Derek?

Mods? Devs?
  • huskyfavrehuskyfavre Member Posts: 121
    We need a higher level discussion bored.