Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fire Petersen Hire Chip

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,908 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2015
    Be original. Pandering sycophants are boring.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited January 2016
    More good points. We got a keeper.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,602 Founders Club
    The modus operandi around here is to write coaches off after five games Turdbuffer.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,069 Founders Club
    I'm writing him off after 27 games.
    Don James was 11-11 (6-5, 5-6) after 22 games, then went 10-2 in year three and won the Rose Bowl. But I'll never understand why his ass wasn't fired after that losing season his 2nd year. Made no sense.
    I would have fired Don James...
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,602 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I'm writing him off after 27 games.

I could be wrong, but are you one of the people who wants him to be in the top five every single year? You probably will be disappointed. Sorry.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    This thread delivers
    PurpleJ said:
    I dooged hard for Sark and would have given him a 4th year (should have been out after 3 in hindsight). I would still give Pete 3 years right now, but if an elite coach like Chip was interested Pete would be door ass out by tomorrow morning.
    Not me, but it's past the drinking hour, so let's get drunk and fuck this shit until some other time. Happy New Year Assholes, myself included!
    edited January 2016
    PurpleJ said:

J: That's the Quote of the Year! I'd give it two awesomes if I could.
    Okay, NOW I'm going to get drunk. I promise.

PurpleJ said:

J: That's the Quote of the Year! I'd give it two awesomes if I could.
    Okay, NOW I'm going to get drunk. I promise.
    Whoosh I guess. In reality I would have complained loudly but given DJ the standard 3 years. He would have shut me right up after that.
    J: It works whether serious or sarcasm. Hence: Quote of the year. For <5 hrs.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,656
    I

Chip took his talent, won Pac 12 championships and went to a natty. He won two Pac 12 titles over very good Stanford teams with Andrew Luck. This is one of the dumbest threads, at least for a serious one, in the history of HardcoreHusky.
    But we can't emphasize a very good Oregon team with Marcus Mariota. Logical consistency is dumb. Okay.
    He won the Pac 12 with Masoli you weapon.

That "Ferrarri" that was "handed" to him didn't start at UO until CKs final season.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,051 Founders Club

Don James was 11-11 (6-5, 5-6) after 22 games, then went 10-2 in year three and won the Rose Bowl. But I'll never understand why his ass wasn't fired after that losing season his 2nd year. Made no sense.

UW went 8-4 in his third year.

You're a fucking idiot who can't get his facts right to support an argument. If your main supporter in this thread is PLSSFS, you've already lost.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,721 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2016

^^^^^Since the rest of you fags are assburglar'ing with the Chipster, I'm going on record as saying 'wood hit" these three honeys.
    @CFetters_Nacho_Lover: So I pulled that from a site that had it wrong, as if it makes any difference. But to you, and number monkeys like you, it changes everything. James indeed should've been fired after year 2, didn't win a Rose Bowl his third year, didn't go 6-1 in conference after starting 1-3, and wasn't selected as National Coach of the Year that year. Throw it all out because it wasn't 10-2, but in fact 8-4, and fuck the Don James era entirely. It should've never happened because he was 11-11 after two years. That's your point, right? Talk about doogs, idiots and whooshes.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

I'll stick with coaches who actually prove they can do jack shit when the fucking table isn't set for them like it was for Fat Little Chip. Chip stepped onto the top floor of the program Belotti and Co. began building long before he was around, while Sugar Daddy Phil Knight wrote the 8 figure checks. They were elevating and kicking our ass while Belotti was still the coach, and all Chip did was garnish the already bountiful plate with his up-tempo shit. Big fucking Deal. Ever heard of Sam Wyche? Same shit. In this case, the difference was the caliber of the athletes, not the coach. Most programs couldn't compete with Phil Knight's bucks, which have poured into Eugene's football facilities and faggy-chic uniforms non-stop for a decade. Oh, and just a sample of players would include Mariota, LaMichael James, Blount, DeAnthony Thomas, Freeman, Benoit, Byner, Tyner, Marshall, and many other players who were three deep at U of O and would've started at most other Pac12 schools. Fucking Yankees of the Pac12, and some of you think Fat Little Chip is a great coach because he didn't fuck it up?

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but you are a true moron if you believe Petersen wasn't set up nicely at Boise State. Like what Chip did at Oregon, Petersen took Boise to a new level, but he inherited a talented team (for their conference) that expected and knew how to win. They already had a winning culture in place before Petersen.

Oregon had some good players under Chip, but not many guys who are stars in the NFL. He was a great coach there.
    Funny how the blind hatred of all things Oregon amplifies the doog in some posters.

Fuck conference championships and BCS bowls, I wanna go 7-6 forever so we can talk about which 14 year old boy will be our savior in 2020.
    Yes that's exactly what he's saying.

Original?

Wrong place fucko