Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fire Petersen Hire Chip

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,908 Standard Supporter
    You're right Tommy! What does talent have to do with winning? Cyler Miles was the same as Marcus Mariota, right? Fuck. This is a waste of time.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

You're right Tommy! What does talent have to do with winning? Cyler Miles was the same as Marcus Mariota, right? Fuck. This is a waste of time.

Petersen is fucking terrible. Chipper ran train on the Pac-12.

Doog.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    With TurdBuffer's logic, we should hire Ty because he beat Petersen who beat Chip.
    @RoadDawg55: The backs I listed were great college-level backs. As the Seahawks have shown, average college players often mature into great NFL players after being so-so in college. One example is Marcel Reece, who's been in the NFL for what, 7 years now? He was middle of the pack to decent in college, but nowhere near great. But he had the size and skills the Raiders were looking for, so he filled a need for a long time, at least until he recently got popped for steroids, but that's a different story. Another example is Chris Polk: Great college player, not doing much in the NFL, but, to his credit, hanging around. You get the point. NFL status today doesn't necessarily mean they were great in college, and vice versa.

@PurpleJ: Go watch the tapes. Belotti & Knight built the program and set the table for Chip. The UofO was rising fast before Chip got there and the amalgam of shiny new attractive facilities, stadium improvements, other top recruits like Jonathon Stewart from Timberline High were already on campus and clad in ever-changing unis and running over people in the Pac12 before Chip arrived. Did Chip take a good program and make it better? He sped them up, for sure, but Mr. Heisman Mariota was a far greater factor in the success of the team, because he ran the show and executed the plays that ran up their scores. Chip brought the turbo tempo to Oregon because he had the players who could run it. Does that make him a great coach, better than CP? No.

As Chest barked during his infamous "LET-ME-TALK" HuskyFan Podcast earlier in the season, they are on fucking schedule!!! We have the #1 defense in the Pac12 without any 5star recruits I'm aware of. That's good coaching chumps. We had shit QB play in 2014 and broke in an 18 year old frosh this year, who came close but no cigar in several tight games this year that wouldn't have been tight under Sark or any other coach in the last 15 years.

Doog me all you want, Bitches. My first QB was Sixkiller. Who was yours? Paus? I've witnessed enough of this tough-talking fanboy bullshit and known enough players to feel very good about where the program is now, despite some infuriating losses and costly mistakes. But in all that time, I've never heard something as stupid as "Fire Pete, Hire Chip."
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited December 2015
    A bunch of Oregon loving cunts in here Jesus!!! Pull Chips dick from your throat and balls from your chin. Chip did s great job at Oregon, does that transfer to conservative Washington??? Probably not, and flying down I5 in Seattle, smoking all the weed up over 100 mph is going to land you in jail, this ain't Eugene Oregon.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,069 Founders Club

@RoadDawg55: The backs I listed were great college-level backs. As the Seahawks have shown, average college players often mature into great NFL players after being so-so in college. One example is Marcel Reece, who's been in the NFL for what, 7 years now? He was middle of the pack to decent in college, but nowhere near great. But he had the size and skills the Raiders were looking for, so he filled a need for a long time, at least until he recently got popped for steroids, but that's a different story. Another example is Chris Polk: Great college player, not doing much in the NFL, but, to his credit, hanging around. You get the point. NFL status today doesn't necessarily mean they were great in college, and vice versa.

@PurpleJ: Go watch the tapes. Belotti & Knight built the program and set the table for Chip. The UofO was rising fast before Chip got there and the amalgam of shiny new attractive facilities, stadium improvements, other top recruits like Jonathon Stewart from Timberline High were already on campus and clad in ever-changing unis and running over people in the Pac12 before Chip arrived. Did Chip take a good program and make it better? He sped them up, for sure, but Mr. Heisman Mariota was a far greater factor in the success of the team, because he ran the show and executed the plays that ran up their scores. Chip brought the turbo tempo to Oregon because he had the players who could run it. Does that make him a great coach, better than CP? No.

As Chest barked during his infamous "LET-ME-TALK" HuskyFan Podcast earlier in the season, they are on fucking schedule!!! We have the #1 defense in the Pac12 without any 5star recruits I'm aware of. That's good coaching chumps. We had shit QB play in 2014 and broke in an 18 year old frosh this year, who came close but no cigar in several tight games this year that wouldn't have been tight under Sark or any other coach in the last 15 years.

Doog me all you want, Bitches. My first QB was Sixkiller. Who was yours? Paus? I've witnessed enough of this tough-talking fanboy bullshit and known enough players to feel very good about where the program is now, despite some infuriating losses and costly mistakes. But in all that time, I've never heard something as stupid as "Fire Pete, Hire Chip."

This is right up there with the take the gloves off and roll rant in doogery.

Oregon hadn't won the conference in almost a decade when Chip took over. Chip did what Mike couldn't. He won a fucking Rose Bowl and popped off. You're going to boil it down to recruiting, uniforms and up tempo offense? You're a fucking idiot! Lots of teams have great facilities and talent, but they will lose a few games every year unless they have a good head coach. Oregon was in that boat before Chip came, just like USC is currently in that boat.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611

Someone already said this, but Chip's best season was with Darron Thomas at QB. Also, didn't Chip kick out 9 players on that team when he got there for off the field incidents? Sounds like he had to clean up Bellotti's mess to me.

A bunch of Oregon loving cunts in here Jesus!!! Pull Chips dick from your throat and balls from your chin. Chip did s great job at Oregon, does that transfer to conservative Washington??? Probably not, and flying down I5 in Seattle, smoking all the weed up over 100 mph is going to land you in jail, this ain't Eugene Oregon.

CHRIST

Derek nuke this bored now. I'll go back to Dawgbored if this shit continues.
    And people forget that Saban and Carroll flopped on their first try in the NFL. At least Chip had a winning record and made the playoffs.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Good stuff turdburglar. Dont try the actual football discussion angle with the bama boofs, it doesnt generally come out productive.
    Chip took Belotti's 10-3 team and went 10-3. That's after Belotti won 7, then 9, then 10 in the 3 prior years. If you CK fellating fanboys cannot see the program ascension that took place prior to CK taking over, then I get it: The Earth is Flat. Now re-insert CK's pud & choke down your limit.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
    Time to start new bored.
    PurpleJ said:

And people forget that Saban and Carroll flopped on their first try in the NFL. At least Chip had a winning record and made the playoffs.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Ipso Facto, great NFL coaches automatically make great college coaches? And Vice Versa? Let me introduce you to a corpse named Bill Walsh. Jesus Fucking Christ. You wouldn't know a valid relationship if it poked you in the eye.

OMG Derek! Nuke this board! Me No Likey!
    PurpleJ said:

Good stuff turdburglar. Dont try the actual football discussion angle with the bama boofs, it doesnt generally come out productive.

If you have puppy on your side, you are wrong every time.
    Okay. I'll give you an upvote for this.

With TurdBuffer's logic, we should hire Ty because he beat Petersen who beat Chip.

I left myself open for that. Gotta be fair. Upvote.