Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

another shooting in a gun free zone

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Gladstone said:

why does it have to be a political dick measuring contest

RIP to the victims.

Couldn't possibly do anything to stop the daily mass shootings around the country, now could we.
    These guys strike you as law abiding citizens? What the fuck are we going to do? Sack up and take it like the Syrian terrorists. It is who we are as Americans
    I don't disagree with this, the chances of being shot are still vastly lower then being killed in a car accident.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,382
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

RIP to the victims.

Couldn't possibly do anything to stop the daily mass shootings around the country, now could we.
    These guys strike you as law abiding citizens? What the fuck are we going to do? Sack up and take it like the Syrian terrorists. It is who we are as Americans
    I don't disagree with this, the chances of being shot are still vastly lower then being killed in a car accident.
    I thought about that earlier as well
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I saw this on a tweet, so I can't claim it, but I'll continue to spend most of my risk mitigation credits on watching out for drunks and teens texting behind the wheel. You're also most likely to be shot and killed by someone you know, so watch out for your cousins.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The left sure is going out of their way to make sure we don't point fingers and that no suspects have been identified yet. they are praying it is 3 white shooters.

White-arabic*
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    PurpleJ said:

The left sure is going out of their way to make sure we don't point fingers and that no suspects have been identified yet. they are praying it is 3 white shooters.

White-arabic*
    Sayeed Farook.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

RIP to the victims.

Just following Obama's lead.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Another mass shooting, and both sides rush to their worthless platitudes.

Fuck all of you.

Your twitter line and I are chuckling
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Another mass shooting, and both sides rush to their worthless platitudes.

Fuck all of you.

Your twitter line and I are chuckling
    Same.

More fun there than here.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm hearing that statistically the people killed were most likely either planning on committing suicide or planning a crime.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm saying the dead victims were sitting ducks with no means to defend themselves and that any faith they may have held in Obama to keep them safe, was misplaced.

And your suggestion is that responsible gun owners whipping out their NIИ's are somehow going to create less carnage in a group full of people? That makes loads of sense.

I could care less if you want to own a fucking gun, but the fact that anyone continues to argue political sides of this and not admit we're the only country who shoots each other in mass quantities are morons, or even worse closeted duck fans. Both sides run to their agenda as soon as these happen and nobody does a damn thing.

As freemont said, fuck you all for not actually just trying ANYTHING but status quo. Bravo.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My argument is much simpler than Race's. I have guns and I will shoot you in the dick if you try to take them away.

Good day!
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    edited December 2015
    It is a political wedge issue which shouldn't be a political wedge which is where we agree. However the condescension in your post is precisely what's I was referring to.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There was nothing condescending about my post.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm saying the dead victims were sitting ducks with no means to defend themselves and that any faith they may have held in Obama to keep them safe, was misplaced.

And your suggestion is that responsible gun owners whipping out their NIИ's are somehow going to create less carnage in a group full of people? That makes loads of sense.

I could care less if you want to own a fucking gun, but the fact that anyone continues to argue political sides of this and not admit we're the only country who shoots each other in mass quantities are morons, or even worse closeted duck fans. Both sides run to their agenda as soon as these happen and nobody does a damn thing.

As freemont said, fuck you all for not actually just trying ANYTHING but status quo. Bravo.
    So do you attribute this to guns or mental illness?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    edited December 2015

@FreeChavez:
    If a trained gun owner is packing a side-arm, it at least remains a possibility. You cannot dismiss that. Armed resistance will slow down or stop these guys, like it ultimately did here. That's why they attack "soft targets," i.e., no protection or resistance.

I'm all for progress on both sides of the issue. NRA leadership is full of assholes, but there's nothing wrong with responsible people owning guns, and that happens to be their chief lobby against irrational anti-gun measures that don't work. I also read the 2nd Amendment as written, which begins with "A well-regulated militia..." so you bet your ass the government has a right to restrict gun ownership to sane individuals. I also favor background checks. Who the fuck wouldn't? The proverbial frightened woman the NRA loves to trot out, who needs a gun right fucking now? How about she instead goes to a shelter or friends house for 24 hours. Who needs a gun right-fucking-now, aside from someone about to do something stupid, irrational, or dangerous?

It's both guns and dangerous people. It's not one or the other. We can walk and chew gum on this one, but people are so fucking dug into their positions, they won't talk or listen to one another.

Okay, assholes, drill me a new one now. I'm sure I overlooked something critical in my rant.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yeah ever hear of the Middle East? We're better than Ty them!

Speaking of a straw man, how many bills have been introduced to ban guns completely?

Oh we need more hospitals for the mentally ill. I suppose we'll pay for those with fairy dust and prayers. We sure as shit can't actually raise taxes for it.

I like to claim to not be stupid enough to fall for a political wedge issue while I'm currently falling for it. I like to do that.

Other than that, great post.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-perspective/120215-783412-obama-wrong-mass-shootings-happen-elsewhere-and-more-frequently.htm
    Obama also overlooks Norway, where Anders Behring Breivik used a gun to kill 67 people and wound 110 others. Still others were killed by bombs that Breivik detonated. Of the four worst K-12 school shootings, three have occurred in Europe. Germany had two of these — one in 2002 at Erfut and another in 2009 at Winnenden, with a total death toll of 34.

Obama isn't correct even if he meant the frequency of fatalities or attacks. Many European countries actually have higher rates of death from public shootings that resulted in four or more murders. It's simply a matter of adjusting for America's much larger population.

Let's look at mass public shootings from 2009 to the middle of June this year. To compare fairly with American shootings, I excluded attacks that might be better classified as struggles over sovereignty. For instance, I did not count the 22 people killed in the Macedonian town of Kumanovo last month.

Norway had the highest annual death rate, with two mass public shooting fatalities per million people. Macedonia had a rate of 0.38, Serbia 0.28, Slovakia 0.20, Finland 0.14, Belgium 0.14 and the Czech Republic 0.13. The U.S. comes in eighth with 0.095 mass public shooting fatalities per million people. Austria and Switzerland are close behind.

In terms of the frequency of attacks, the U.S. ranks ninth, with 0.09 attacks per million people. Macedonia, Serbia, Switzerland, Norway, Slovakia, Finland, Belgium and the Czech Republic all had higher rates.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah ever hear of the Middle East? We're better than Ty them!

Speaking of a straw man, how many bills have been introduced to ban guns completely?

Oh we need more hospitals for the mentally ill. I suppose we'll pay for those with fairy dust and prayers. We sure as shit can't actually raise taxes for it.

I like to claim to not be stupid enough to fall for a political wedge issue while I'm currently falling for it. I like to do that.

Other than that, great post.

Thanks DAWG!

My point on a complete ban is that it is the only thing that would work even though we know that prohibition won't work. This incremental bull shit is an election year staple. You do know that the democrats had a lock down majority that brought us Obamacare. Certainly could have brought us closure of the legendary gun show loophole. It's easier to run against the NRA than it is to pass something that will fail and be held accountable for it.

I'm not voting for anyone on the gun issue either way. So it is in fact, not a wedge issue for me. I'm a logical person making a logical argument in the face of hysteria fomented by idiots.

We need to treat the mentally ill. I think we all do agree on that. Having them roam the streets or mom's basement before they explode is not a good strategy. The idea that the trillions of dollars we spend are some untouchable baseline of things that could never be eliminated to spend on shit we actually need is another election year special.

Hope this wasn't too condescending. Good luck the rest of the way!