Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

another shooting in a gun free zone

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited December 2015
    More people died in Chicago of gun violence, than died in the San Bernardino radical Islamic terrorist attack yesterday... is what I'm hearing.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited December 2015

Yeah ever hear of the Middle East? We're better than Ty them!

Speaking of a straw man, how many bills have been introduced to ban guns completely?

Oh we need more hospitals for the mentally ill. I suppose we'll pay for those with fairy dust and prayers. We sure as shit can't actually raise taxes for it.

I like to claim to not be stupid enough to fall for a political wedge issue while I'm currently falling for it. I like to do that.

Other than that, great post.

Radicalization and extremist rhetoric has inspired and killed more people than ever before, its time to act.

How about we pass a "common sense" law. Lets call it the Protection of the People and State Acts. This will allow for any officers of the state to take any appropriate measures to remedy dangers to public safety due to irresponsible speech, talk, text or protests.

The main tenets of the decree shall be as follows;

1) It shall be unlawful to combine or conspire together to oppose any measure of the government of the United States.

2) It shall be unlawful to write, print, utter or publish, or cause it to be done, or assist in it, any false, scandalous, and malicious writing against any capacity or officer of the government of the United States.

Im not proposing anyone take away all of your free speech, so dont twist.

Or how about we lock some people up in prison just a little bit whenever we feel like it, like just a few hours a day or something. Im not proposing anyone take away all of your freedom of movement. Dont fall for the political wedge though.
    When will the man charged with defending us, acknowledge this Jihad Muslim terrorist attack?
    Houhusky said:

Speaking of a straw man, how many bills have been introduced to ban guns completely?

Oh we need more hospitals for the mentally ill. I suppose we'll pay for those with fairy dust and prayers. We sure as shit can't actually raise taxes for it.

I like to claim to not be stupid enough to fall for a political wedge issue while I'm currently falling for it. I like to do that.

Radicalization and extremist rhetoric has inspired and killed more people than ever before, its time to act.

How about we pass a "common sense" law. Lets call it the Protection of the People and State Acts. This will allow for any officers of the state to take any appropriate measures to remedy dangers to public safety due to irresponsible speech, talk, text or protests.

1) It shall be unlawful to combine or conspire together to oppose any measure of the government of the United States.

2) It shall be unlawful to write, print, utter or publish, or cause it to be done, or assist in it, any false, scandalous, and malicious writing against any capacity or officer of the government of the United States.

Or how about we lock some people up in prison just a little bit whenever we feel like it, like just a few hours a day or something. Im not proposing anyone take away all of your freedom of movement. Dont fall for the political wedge though.
    1. and 2. are fucked up, sorry.
    edited December 2015

Houhusky said:

1. and 2. are fucked up, sorry.
    But the important thing is to remember no one is saying to take away all of your free speech.

that was the point, those were actual laws...

that is what happens when people start to ignore the constitution and make "common sense" laws that only restrict "parts" of peoples freedoms, those were actual fucked up laws that people actually agreed with, that were actually passed.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-By-the-Numbers

Are you going to throw 18% of Americans in hospitals? Or are you going to pay for 18% of Americans to go to therapy every week? And their meds.

You keep pulling the bullshit Damone trick demanding solutions while throwing generic bullshit about helping the mentally ill. You don't have a solution for that because you have absolutely no facts on it. It's a talking point.

You can do this above the fray bullshit all you like. But the only people falling for it are idiots. You're so logical. Look at Race on the high ground above all others. You're basically the asshole that says he agnostic when asked if you believe in God. It's a bullshit position intended to make you look smarter than everyone else.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I have a solution. It just wouldn't be considered "humane"
    edited December 2015

Are you going to throw 18% of Americans in hospitals? Or are you going to pay for 18% of Americans to go to therapy every week? And their meds.

You keep pulling the bullshit Damone trick demanding solutions while throwing generic bullshit about helping the mentally ill. You don't have a solution for that because you have absolutely no facts on it. It's a talking point.

You can do this above the fray bullshit all you like. But the only people falling for it are idiots. You're so logical. Look at Race on the high ground above all others. You're basically the asshole that says he agnostic when asked if you believe in God. It's a bullshit position intended to make you look smarter than everyone else.

Now you are worried about how to pay for things?!!! #ifitsaves1life
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

No, we(?) can't throw all mentally ill into involuntary commitment. But 18% is a facile number. Of the numbers cited there, I would guess the one that only begins to come close are the 1.1% of the population suffering from schizophrenia. Then, what segment of that population has paranoid or violent tendencies associated with their illness.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club

I have a solution. It just wouldn't be considered "humane"

Is it FINAL?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I'd rather keep using tax dollars to help people pay for their malt liquor and McDonalds.

I'd rather keep using tax dollars to help people pay for their malt liquor and McDonalds.

I EATIG MCDONGALS!!!!!!!! I DRIKNIG CLOT 54!!!!!!!1
    edited December 2015

No, we(?) can't throw all mentally ill into involuntary commitment. But 18% is a facile number. Of the numbers cited there, I would guess the one that only begins to come close are the 1.1% of the population suffering from schizophrenia. Then, what segment of that population has paranoid or violent tendencies associated with their illness.
    Most patients with stable mental illness do not present an increased risk of violence. Asnis, et al.,8 found that 21 of 517 outpatients (4%) in an urban setting reported a history of homicide attempts. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2686644/

Math time!

319,000,000*18% = 60,000,000

60,000,000 * 4% = 2,400,000

2,400,000/319,000,000 = .76 % of the US population would be "mentally ill outpatients" with a possible propensity for homicide.

Note that those numbers just reflect homicide and do not address whether those homicide attempts involved guns.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    edited December 2015
    Mass shooting are happening more frequently than ever before because of the momentum given to them by the circus media.

For the depressed, deranged, and impressionable folks looking to make an impact, it's the cool thing to do.

Domestic terrorists might be the new hipsters. Radical Islam is so in right now.
    If you don't like gun control, you can just become a criminal and not register your weapon.
    PurpleJ said:

If you don't like gun control, you can just become a criminal and not register your weapon.

Sorry, that's illegal. Try again.
    Race, are the Jihadi's crazy? or calculated?
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/police-hunt-for-motive-behind-san-bernardino-shooting-1449131982
    SAN BERNARDINO, Calif.— Authorities said Thursday that the two suspects who stormed a holiday gathering of county employees on Wednesday, killing 14 people, deployed remote-controlled pipe bombs at the scene and had amassed thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Law-enforcement officials said they were still unsure of what motivated Syed Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, to open fire at the event for county employees while dressed in “assault-style clothing” and armed with semiautomatic weapons.

But at the scene, investigators found three connected pipe bombs set to be detonated by a contraption linked to remote-controlled car. And after catching up to and killing the suspects in a fierce gunbattle hours later on Wednesday, authorities found that they were heavily stocked with ammunition.

“They had over 1,400 .223 caliber rounds and 200 9-millimeter rounds available to them,” San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said Thursday. They had also rented the Ford SUV used in the incident, which had Utah license plates, he said.

At a home in Redlands, Calif., linked to the suspects, law-enforcement officials discovered thousands of additional rounds of ammunition, as well as “12 pipe bomb type devices” and other materials to produce explosives, Mr. Burguan said.

Officials said the death toll remained at 14, but the number of wounded had risen to 21. They said they expected the county coroner to release names of the dead later in the day.

Mr. Farook, a 28-year-old San Bernardino County employee, and Ms. Malik, 27, had left their six-month-old child with Mr. Farook’s mother on the morning of the shooting, law-enforcement officials said. He was a U.S. native born to Pakistani immigrants. She was a Pakistani national who had formerly lived in Saudi Arabia.

David Bowdich, assistant director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Los Angeles office, said Thursday that officials were not ready to declare a motive in the shooting, though they were exploring the possibility that the suspects intended to target additional locations.

“It would be way too early to speculate on motive,” Mr. Bowdich said, but added, “There was obviously a mission here. We do not know why.”

According to people familiar with the probe into the shooting, investigators increasingly suspect Mr. Farook was motivated at least in part by an attraction to international terrorism, an assessment based on the early stages of reviewing his contacts and computer usage.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club

Race, are the Jihadi's crazy? or calculated?

I would say calculated but we (?) are not allowed to say that so I didn't say it