Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Update: Sark is Door. Ass. Out.

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Odds on some nose candy revelations coming out? O/U 81%?
    I don't know if that will come out, but I would bet anything that an alcoholic like Sark needs some blow to function.
    I'm equating Sark's last 48 hours to my Parking lot plea for lesbian 3-some help. Rock Bottom and blow heavy.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,543
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2015
    Video just leaked of Sarkisian with Haden's daughter

Odds on some nose candy revelations coming out? O/U 81%?

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    L
    Doogles said:

Haden in full self-preservation back pedal. What scares me is he holds off the vultures long enough and swings for the fences with an 8 mill type offer to Chip or another big name and connects. At the end of the day, SC is still SC.

So let me get this straight. You are worried that the guy who hired Sark away from UW after he had proven he was a drunken suck fest is going to get tons of support from the boosters to go out and get a huge name and that he'll be able to execute that?

@Jesus_H_Christ
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,484
    Swaye's Wigwam

L

Doogles said:

Haden in full self-preservation back pedal. What scares me is he holds off the vultures long enough and swings for the fences with an 8 mill type offer to Chip or another big name and connects. At the end of the day, SC is still SC.

So let me get this straight. You are worried that the guy who hired Sark away from UW after he had proven he was a drunken suck fest is going to get tons of support from the boosters to go out and get a huge name and that he'll be able to execute that?

@Jesus_H_Christ
    USC is completely embarrassed by this situation. It's not going to take much convincing to get funding for a huge name. I'm not talking a due diligence intelligent hire here. I'm saying his only chance is throwing his money behind a name that anyone can see is a good hire a la Kelly or Harbaugh for Michigan.

They have the backing to go in the 6-10 mill range and get someone huge. Not saying it's going to happen, odds are it will be a swing and a miss followed by door ass out. But Haden is going to swing hard, no question.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

I think we all assumed steve would be fired after year 3 @USC, but literally LESS THAN 1 1/2 years would cause someone to start drinking.

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    Founders Club
    edited October 2015

AEB said:

In the almost 30 years I've paid attention to college football, USC has had exactly 1 awesome coach: Pete Carroll.

They've always won the off season natty....

They've won 12 conference titles since 1985, 7 of them under Pete
    Given their repeated off season Nattys, if they get the right guy, they're nearly unstoppable. But Carroll is a true HF coach. John McKay is a HF coach. It's really hard for any program to find that guy. @Tequilla outlines SCs coach search problems.

Btw, re: Chip Kelly, does Miami go hard for him?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,543
    Standard Supporter
    I see Chip Kelly staying at Philly to see his rebuild of Philly through.

If I were them, I'd go for Kyle Whittingham or maybe Bryan Harsin.

Whittingham may be a Utah lifer and not a cultural / media fit though.
    Doogles said:

L

Doogles said:

@Jesus_H_Christ
    USC is completely embarrassed by this situation. It's not going to take much convincing to get funding for a huge name. I'm not talking a due diligence intelligent hire here. I'm saying his only chance is throwing his money behind a name that anyone can see is a good hire a la Kelly or Harbaugh for Michigan.

They have the backing to go in the 6-10 mill range and get someone huge. Not saying it's going to happen, odds are it will be a swing and a miss followed by door ass out. But Haden is going to swing hard, no question.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,643
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

AEB said:

In the almost 30 years I've paid attention to college football, USC has had exactly 1 awesome coach: Pete Carroll.

They've always won the off season natty....

They've won 12 conference titles since 1985, 7 of them under Pete
    Given their repeated off season Nattys, if they get the right guy, they're nearly unstoppable. But Carroll is a true HF coach. John McKay is a HF coach. It's really hard for any program to find that guy. @Tequilla outlines SCs coach search problems.

Btw, re: Chip Kelly, does Miami go hard for him?
    Miami's recent hires don't indicate they would pay the top price
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    from the LA Times, this blurb on the public UCLA contract with Mora... I'd venture a similar clause in USC's contract. If true, then Sark's ex-wife will be super pissed that he's pissed away millions of her dollars.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-sarkisian-fired-usc--coach-20151012-story.html

UCLA has a clause in football coach Jim Mora’s contract that is specifically related to alcohol and drug use.

His contract reads: “If Coach has committed, or shall commit, any act, or has been, or in the future becomes, knowingly or intentionally involved in any situation or occurrence involving his improper use of or other improper association with drugs and alcohol, or otherwise tending to bring himself into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule, or tending to shock, insult or offend the people of this nation or any class or group thereof, or reflecting unfavorably upon University’s reputation or products, then the University shall have the right” to terminate his contract.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,303
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2015

U$C should go all in for someone like Kyle Whittingham (probably the best they could do), but knowing Haden will probably end up hiring Mike Riley away from Nebraska.

Please let it be Riley

He does have roots in SoCal from his time with the Chargers
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,837
    Swaye's Wigwam

U$C should go all in for someone like Kyle Whittingham (probably the best they could do), but knowing Haden will probably end up hiring Mike Riley away from Nebraska.

USC should stick to the current formula. Who's the next fruit to pluck from the Pete Carroll coaching tree? Ken Norton, Raiders DC?