Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Update: Sark is Door. Ass. Out.

Options

Comments

• creepycoug
    creepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    Options

AEB said:

AEB said:

In the almost 30 years I've paid attention to college football, USC has had exactly 1 awesome coach: Pete Carroll.

They've always won the off season natty....

They've won 12 conference titles since 1985, 7 of them under Pete
    Given their repeated off season Nattys, if they get the right guy, they're nearly unstoppable. But Carroll is a true HF coach. John McKay is a HF coach. It's really hard for any program to find that guy. @Tequilla outlines SCs coach search problems.

Btw, re: Chip Kelly, does Miami go hard for him?
    Miami's recent hires don't indicate they would pay the top price
    Correct. There's no Phil Knight there. Just a bunch of Hialeah Cubans who care more about bessball and innercity folk with no influence.
  • Doogles
    Doogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,485 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    Jack Del Rio might be the best Haden can do, assuming the Raiders go full dumpster.
  • Purple_Pills
    Purple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,837 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    Doogles said:

Jack Del Rio might be the best Haden can do, assuming the Raiders go full dumpster.

All a Cadillac Lexus program that recruits itself like USC needs is a winning coach. Raid the MAC or 1-AA for the best CEO/winner, and they will win.
  • Dennis_DeYoung
    Dennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited October 2015
    Options

Doogles said:

All a Cadillac Lexus program that recruits itself like USC needs is a winning coach. Raid the MAC or 1-AA for the best CEO/winner, and they will win.
    Obviously they should do this, but they won't cuz they're dumb.

HTH
  • AEB
    AEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962 Founders Club
    Options
    Doogles said:

I agree he would've been the best fit. However, that ship has sailed. I think what he's got going on with Raiders right now is too good to leave. Plus, the Raiders are LA-bound anyways.
  • Meek
    Meek Member Posts: 7,031
    Options
    Doogles said:

what coach will want to work for Haden knowing he's going to be fired and the next AD will want to get his own guy in there?
  • Purple_Pills
    Purple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,837 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    AEB said:

I agree he would've been the best fit. However, that ship has sailed. I think what he's got going on with Raiders right now is too good to leave. Plus, the Raiders are LA-bound anyways.

Me thinks Raiders end up in a city named after a saint. Louis, Joseph, or Anthony. NFL wet dream is Chargers & Rams. They want the Davis shit show in a smaller market.
  • GrundleStiltzkin
    GrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hard to describe how happy and dissappointed I am at the same time.

I thought we (yes, we, in this case) were going to get plungered by Sark this year, but that hopefully the game at home vs. USC next year would be his downfall.

Obviously, I am elated that WE were the last game he coached at his dream job. But I am not going to lie, it's a bit of a downer that I don't get to see his time at USC play out a bit longer.

But, fuck him, we ended his career. Great job, Dawgs!

I mean, I didn't want it to end so soon, but it was going to end soon no matter what and I'm just glad we beat him, got his post-game presser and a bender-firing out of it.

Maybe I'm just a glass half-full guy.
  • topdawgnc
    topdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Options
    Meek said:

from the LA Times, this blurb on the public UCLA contract with Mora... I'd venture a similar clause in USC's contract. If true, then Sark's ex-wife will be super pissed that he's pissed away millions of her dollars.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-sarkisian-fired-usc--coach-20151012-story.html

UCLA has a clause in football coach Jim Mora’s contract that is specifically related to alcohol and drug use.

His contract reads: “If Coach has committed, or shall commit, any act, or has been, or in the future becomes, knowingly or intentionally involved in any situation or occurrence involving his improper use of or other improper association with drugs and alcohol, or otherwise tending to bring himself into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule, or tending to shock, insult or offend the people of this nation or any class or group thereof, or reflecting unfavorably upon University’s reputation or products, then the University shall have the right” to terminate his contract.

He's done ...

It's why he wasn't termed yesterday.

They needed lawyers to go through and validate they don't owe him shit.

This has nothing to with being drunk ... It has to do with 12-6.

He's in rehab and without an income.
  • Dennis_DeYoung
    Dennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Options
    topdawgnc said:

Meek said:

from the LA Times, this blurb on the public UCLA contract with Mora... I'd venture a similar clause in USC's contract. If true, then Sark's ex-wife will be super pissed that he's pissed away millions of her dollars.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-sarkisian-fired-usc--coach-20151012-story.html

UCLA has a clause in football coach Jim Mora’s contract that is specifically related to alcohol and drug use.

His contract reads: “If Coach has committed, or shall commit, any act, or has been, or in the future becomes, knowingly or intentionally involved in any situation or occurrence involving his improper use of or other improper association with drugs and alcohol, or otherwise tending to bring himself into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule, or tending to shock, insult or offend the people of this nation or any class or group thereof, or reflecting unfavorably upon University’s reputation or products, then the University shall have the right” to terminate his contract.

He's done ...

No fucking way! Next you'll tell me we didn't fire Neu for his part in a office pool!!
  • RaceBannon
    RaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,657 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
  • section_332
    section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    Options
    I feel bad as a dawg fan. We broke his brain

• GrundleStiltzkin
    GrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482 Standard Supporter
    Options
    That's some dark shit dude.
  • topdawgnc
    topdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Options

topdawgnc said:

Meek said:

He's done ...

No fucking way! Next you'll tell me we didn't fire Neu for his part in a office pool!!
    We?
  • NeGgaPlEaSe
    NeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Options
    Meek said:

Shit there goes my sugar momma, now I gotta stop fuckin her