Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Update: Sark is Door. Ass. Out.

Options
1235»

Comments

• PurpleReign
    PurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    Options
    phineas said:

I love this forum

• RoadTrip
    RoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,411 Founders Club
    Options
    Meek said:

from the LA Times, this blurb on the public UCLA contract with Mora... I'd venture a similar clause in USC's contract. If true, then Sark's ex-wife will be super pissed that he's pissed away millions of her dollars.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-sarkisian-fired-usc--coach-20151012-story.html

UCLA has a clause in football coach Jim Mora’s contract that is specifically related to alcohol and drug use.

His contract reads: “If Coach has committed, or shall commit, any act, or has been, or in the future becomes, knowingly or intentionally involved in any situation or occurrence involving his improper use of or other improper association with drugs and alcohol, or otherwise tending to bring himself into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule, or tending to shock, insult or offend the people of this nation or any class or group thereof, or reflecting unfavorably upon University’s reputation or products, then the University shall have the right” to terminate his contract.

That depends on what the definition of if is...settlement
  • CaptainPJ
    CaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Options
    topdawgnc said:

Meek said:

from the LA Times, this blurb on the public UCLA contract with Mora... I'd venture a similar clause in USC's contract. If true, then Sark's ex-wife will be super pissed that he's pissed away millions of her dollars.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-sarkisian-fired-usc--coach-20151012-story.html

UCLA has a clause in football coach Jim Mora’s contract that is specifically related to alcohol and drug use.

His contract reads: “If Coach has committed, or shall commit, any act, or has been, or in the future becomes, knowingly or intentionally involved in any situation or occurrence involving his improper use of or other improper association with drugs and alcohol, or otherwise tending to bring himself into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule, or tending to shock, insult or offend the people of this nation or any class or group thereof, or reflecting unfavorably upon University’s reputation or products, then the University shall have the right” to terminate his contract.

He's done ...

It's why he wasn't termed yesterday.

They needed lawyers to go through and validate they don't owe him shit.

This has nothing to with being drunk ... It has to do with 12-6.

He's in rehab and without an income.
    This.

Tick tock, Sark.

The last 24 hours must have been fucking brutal.

Finish up your Baggie and Petron - cry yourself to sleep with the phone unplugged and chord around your neck.
  • priapism
    priapism Member Posts: 2,036
    Options
    I think Whittingham is a very good coach. A former DC for a long time...I thought he'd be a better fit at UW than Petersen, after Sark left. He has some of the weakest talent in the Pac, yet still fields a very competitive team. He needs to get out of Utah because of this talent issue. He does have the LDS issue tho...there might be half-time prayers, weird shit etc. If Petersen fails, I'd like UW to take a serious look at Whittingham.

Haden will throw his hands up and hire the popular choice - Del Rio. Half the SC fans have been talking about him as a prospect hire since Kiffin was HC.
  • Fire_Marshall_Bill
    Fire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,023 Founders Club
    Options
    lol the usual doog fags are calling Husky fans "Duck fans in disguise" on the Condom Scout bored

Jesus Christ....
  • creepycoug
    creepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    Options

EwaDawg said:
    Fuck you fucker fucks for celebrating this. Fuck, just fuck. You had the conference's sleeping giant under the direction of a functional retard, and now he's gone. So the retard who hired the retard now has a chance to be a broken clock, and, worse, the SC BOT has a chance to fix their mistake and send Sally Jessie right along with Fatty to retard rehab.

FWIW, I don't think the UW game was the issue. I think showing up drunk to work is what sealed the deal. Even winning wouldn't cover that up for long, but it sure would have taken a lot longer.

Celebrate all you want. They are a coach away from gaping everyone's butt hole.

I see no humor in this at all (maybe just a little bit - it's always fun to watch a frat boy burn).
    Quit being a pussy
    You will have a chance to say that to my face at 7-Eleven ... the one on Aurora in the U-District. See you there at 5:00 pm sharp.
    I'm surprised a classy guy such as yourself didn't pick your local wheat field for the throwdown
    You must be reeeeeeeeeeeely new here.
  • creepycoug
    Options

EwaDawg said:
    Fuck you fucker fucks for celebrating this. Fuck, just fuck. You had the conference's sleeping giant under the direction of a functional retard, and now he's gone. So the retard who hired the retard now has a chance to be a broken clock, and, worse, the SC BOT has a chance to fix their mistake and send Sally Jessie right along with Fatty to retard rehab.

FWIW, I don't think the UW game was the issue. I think showing up drunk to work is what sealed the deal. Even winning wouldn't cover that up for long, but it sure would have taken a lot longer.

I see no humor in this at all (maybe just a little bit - it's always fun to watch a frat boy burn).
    Quit being a pussy
    You will have a chance to say that to my face at 7-Eleven ... the one on Aurora in the U-District. See you there at 5:00 pm sharp.
    I work there now getting $15/hr.

See you at 5:00
    So uh I had pretend lawyer shit to do. Be there at 5:00 pm sharp TOMORROW and say that shit to my face!
  • creepycoug
    Options
    Tequilla said:

EwaDawg said:

You're a fucktard because the BEST thing that can happen is for PatHadenFS to be driving the new hire process given his track record.
    That part makes zero sense. If he already fucked up, why on earth do you want him to have a do-over? Even a retard can broken clock it and get it right. Was Mike Garrett that smart when he stumbled onto Pete after trying to hire Riley and one or two other guys before settling on Carroll? Call me crazy, but I think he got lucky.

Come on dude. He fucked up and hired a coach who was screwing the pooch at Washington, so much so that every Washington fan not named Kim Grinolds was actually relieved that he did it. What's in it for Washington to see if he'd fuck up like that twice? He already did it. Stretch it out.
  • doogsinparadise
    doogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    edited October 2015
    Options

Tequilla said:

EwaDawg said:

You're a fucktard because the BEST thing that can happen is for PatHadenFS to be driving the new hire process given his track record.
    That part makes zero sense. If he already fucked up, why on earth do you want him to have a do-over? Even a retard can broken clock it and get it right. Was Mike Garrett that smart when he stumbled onto Pete after trying to hire Riley and one or two other guys before settling on Carroll? Call me crazy, but I think he got lucky.

Come on dude. He fucked up and hired a coach who was screwing the pooch at Washington, so much so that every Washington fan not named Kim Grinolds was actually relieved that he did it. What's in it for Washington to see if he'd fuck up like that twice? He already did it. Stretch it out.
    This. There's no chance that he gets it as wrong as he did with Sark, there's only one way to go from there.
  • Tequilla
    Tequilla Member Posts: 19,821
    Options
    He showed poor judgment in hiring Sark.

I don't expect his ability to judge to improve exponentially.

I'm not expecting Haden to make a hire as bad as Sark. I'm just counting on him not making a hire good enough to be in the Carroll type category.
  • creepycoug
    Options

AEB said:

AEB said:

In the almost 30 years I've paid attention to college football, USC has had exactly 1 awesome coach: Pete Carroll.

They've always won the off season natty....

They've won 12 conference titles since 1985, 7 of them under Pete
    Given their repeated off season Nattys, if they get the right guy, they're nearly unstoppable. But Carroll is a true HF coach. John McKay is a HF coach. It's really hard for any program to find that guy. @Tequilla outlines SCs coach search problems.

Btw, re: Chip Kelly, does Miami go hard for him?
    Miami's recent hires don't indicate they would pay the top price
    WHich may be to their advantage. We've agreed that the closest thing to a formula here is to take a guy who's a HC at a lesser program and doing it well and who's hungry. Those guys are also usually a lot cheaper than going after the established superstar who, based on historical trends, is not likely to repeat his success at the next gig.

Bottom line: they got unlucky with Golden, who bucked the trend because he had Temple playing decently, which was a huge accomplishment. Didn't translate to Miami. Life's a bitch.

Now I must pause before slices or ballsacked saturate their tampons over too much Miami talk.
  • creepycoug
    Options
    Tequilla said:

He showed poor judgment in hiring Sark.

I don't expect his ability to judge to improve exponentially.

I'm not expecting Haden to make a hire as bad as Sark. I'm just counting on him not making a hire good enough to be in the Carroll type category.

Well, that's like saying you're not counting on your wife to win the lottery for you. No shit. But they had Sark (your winning lottery ticket) and it would have been nice to see him stumble along with 7 and 8 win seasons for 4 or 5 years. The public embarrassments combined with less than stellar results is what did him in IMHO. If he had behaved he could have had this gig for another two or three years easily.

But if you're going to embarrass the brass, you had better be too valuable to fire. That is axiomatic at any place of work. He was not. Clearly.
  • TierbsHsotBoobs
    TierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Options
    Haden isn't hiring the next guy.