Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When Reasons Become Excuses.....

Comments

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That young OL was kicking the shit out of Cal in the running game last Saturday. They are young and bad, but Sark had some OL's that were as bad or worse. Greg Christine, Nick Wood, a freshman Shane Brostek, Atoe, Criste...

You can build an offensive identity behind running the ball down hill, quick slants and comeback routes, the occasional boot & playaction plays, and an occasional play action leading to a deep shot down the field.

Not only is the identity a problem, but trying to figure out what pieces are your most useful on offense and playing to those strengths is very lacking. Expecting a lot out of the WR is probably foolish because we have a lot of either JAGs or young players that lack consistency.
    Sounds like a coaching issue to me.
    Quite honestly, I don't get what you are arguing about. He has acknowledged that coaching is the problem with a lack of identity. This whole back and forth is absolutely stoopid.

The only difference between your two arguments is that one thinks it should be blown up right now and that Petersen isn't the guy, and the other wants to see what happens at the end of the season.

Christ.
    That is NOT the only difference. And I haven't said Petersen isn't the guy.

Thanks for reading?
    Haven't been able to read every single post in the back and forth between you and others.

What would you like to see done then? Just so we can get that out there in one spot I guess.
    If that means firing Smith and getting an OC that knows wtf he is doing, fine. If Pete needs to ditch his shitty system that hasn't worked in years, fine. Whatever it is, it ultimately falls on Petersen to win or GTFO.

Thanks for basically paraphrasing just about everything I've said over the course of the last week.

I'm convinced that you don't have a fucking clue what you're arguing about at this point. You're arguing just for the sake of arguing.
    Bullshit. You joined HuskyInAZ's fountain of youth campaign from the start.

And now you want to wait to fix glaring problems.

If you can't tell the difference, then I really can't help you.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

That young OL was kicking the shit out of Cal in the running game last Saturday. They are young and bad, but Sark had some OL's that were as bad or worse. Greg Christine, Nick Wood, a freshman Shane Brostek, Atoe, Criste...

You can build an offensive identity behind running the ball down hill, quick slants and comeback routes, the occasional boot & playaction plays, and an occasional play action leading to a deep shot down the field.

Not only is the identity a problem, but trying to figure out what pieces are your most useful on offense and playing to those strengths is very lacking. Expecting a lot out of the WR is probably foolish because we have a lot of either JAGs or young players that lack consistency.
    Quite honestly, I don't get what you are arguing about. He has acknowledged that coaching is the problem with a lack of identity. This whole back and forth is absolutely stoopid.

The only difference between your two arguments is that one thinks it should be blown up right now and that Petersen isn't the guy, and the other wants to see what happens at the end of the season.

Christ.

Something needs to be done about it, right fucking now, @Tequilla would have UW and Petersen wait until the season is over, but fails to realize the season is already fucking over anyways.

Ok fine ... I'll play your game.

I'm Petersen, I'm pissed about Smith and Pease and I fire them today. Are you happy?

BTW, who am I hiring to replace them? What's the current market look like for unemployed assistant coaches that I'd want on staff?

And, if I fired Smith right now, who's calling the shots on offense? Do I take the lead on that? But if I do take the lead, how is that going to change anything when the fire and brimstone people out there are busy saying that I don't know what I'm doing given that my offense has sucked for 4 straight years and Smith is basically my puppet to start with? Do you see any other candidates to be OC on the current staff? I see a bunch of position coaches.

I don't in any way, shape, or form see any path that is going to result in meaningful staff changes DURING THE SEASON that will make a material difference.

IF that logic holds, then isn't it in the best interest of the program for Petersen to see the results from a high level, process that the defense and special teams are at high-end conference levels and that the offense at dreck levels is what is holding the program back? Isn't that the sobering realization he needs to come to? Isn't going after a Beau Baldwin or some other offensive genius the move that really needs to be made?

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Christ.

Thanks for reading?
    Haven't been able to read every single post in the back and forth between you and others.

What would you like to see done then? Just so we can get that out there in one spot I guess.
    If that means firing Smith and getting an OC that knows wtf he is doing, fine. If Pete needs to ditch his shitty system that hasn't worked in years, fine. Whatever it is, it ultimately falls on Petersen to win or GTFO.

Thanks for basically paraphrasing just about everything I've said over the course of the last week.

I'm convinced that you don't have a fucking clue what you're arguing about at this point. You're arguing just for the sake of arguing.

The offense is full of young players ... that's not an opinion. That's fucking fact.

The problem with the problems is that the likely fix isn't going to show up in the next 2 months. The solution is OUTSIDE of the program. If the solution was INSIDE the program, we'd have probably seen progress in the last 18 games.

Clearly logic isn't your strength.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Christ.

Thanks for reading?

The offense is full of young players ... that's not an opinion. That's fucking fact.

The problem with the problems is that the likely fix isn't going to show up in the next 2 months. The solution is OUTSIDE of the program. If the solution was INSIDE the program, we'd have probably seen progress in the last 18 games.

So is the defense. They don't suck.

You however, suck at this.

But I suppose that's nothing new.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Tequilla said:

And BTW, to @ThomasFremont and @Houhusky ... go fuck yourselves. You two are so irrational at this point that you can't get your heads out of your ass long enough to realize that those that you think are disagreeing with you are automatically doogs and not realizing that they are agreeing with about 81% of your positions.

This post put off a really bad vibe.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Christ.

Thanks for reading?

So is the defense. They don't suck.

You however, suck at this.

But I suppose that's nothing new.
    WHY ARE YOU GUYS GOING BACK AND FORTH?!?!

Teq wants Smith fired in 2 months, you want him fired now.

WHO FUCKING CARES. You guys are agreeing on way more than you are disagreeing on.

My armchair CEO move would be to demote Smith and for Petersen to take over play calling.

I think that would be a solid idea. I like making him just the QB coach and have Petersen call the shots the rest of the year until he can hire an OC in December.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

topdawgnc said:

I got your fucking pitchfork

That's one lucky son of a bitch, considering his circumstances. It missed his 2-hole and he could have easily been @BallSacked if the pitchfork was just off by a bit.

Excellent post game analysis.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

My armchair CEO move would be to demote Smith and for Petersen PLSS to take over play calling.

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

My armchair CEO move would be to demote Smith and for Petersen to take over play calling.

Why demote? You only get so many assistants by NCAA rules. So if you demote him someone else would have to be D.A.O. Or you demote him to like an Admin...which I doubt an OC would take. Peterson needs to just get him the fuck out.

Why demote? You only get so many assistants by NCAA rules. So if you demote him someone else would have to be D.A.O. Or you demote him to like an Admin...which I doubt an OC would take. Peterson needs to just get him the fuck out.
    You just take away play calling duties, no other moves would be necessary. He is already the QB coach, just have him do that.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    edited October 2015

You just take away play calling duties, no other moves would be necessary. He is already the QB coach, just have him do that.
    Ah, in the offseason he'd be gone though with warning. Keeping dead weight around is dumb and inefficient.

That's essentially what Mora did Ulbrich when it was obvious hiring an inexperienced coordinator was fucktarded. Took over game planning the 2nd half the year and got Ulbrich a job in the NFL after the season.

Ah, in the offseason he'd be gone though with warning.

That's essentially what Mora did Ulbrich when it was obvious hiring an inexperienced coordinator was fucktarded. Took over game planning the 2nd half the year and got Ulbrich a job in the NFL after the season.
    Yes, like that.

Ah, in the offseason he'd be gone though with warning. Keeping dead weight around is dumb and inefficient.

That would be the way you do it ...

You don't need to publicly announce that you're changing titles or roles though ... that can all be kept internally.

For all we know, that could already be happening right now.

Any I will reiterate, the fix to the offensive problems is going to come from OUTSIDE the current program.

Tequilla said:

And BTW, to @ThomasFremont and @Houhusky ... go fuck yourselves. You two are so irrational at this point that you can't get your heads out of your ass long enough to realize that those that you think are disagreeing with you are automatically doogs and not realizing that they are agreeing with about 81% of your positions.

This post put off a really bad vibe.
    By design ...

If the first 10 points on the topic weren't enough to get through their scorched earth mindset, no amount of reason would work for them.

It's been clear in this thread that anybody that isn't willing to scorch the earth yesterday is a doog.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,729 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

That would be the way you do it ...

You don't need to publicly announce that you're changing titles or roles though ... that can all be kept internally.

For all we know, that could already be happening right now.

Any I will reiterate, the fix to the offensive problems is going to come from OUTSIDE the current program.
    A new head coach

It wasn't Nick Holt and it isn't Justin Wilcocks

For fucks sake its the fucking head coach