Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When Reasons Become Excuses.....

124»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

My armchair CEO move would be to demote Smith and for Petersen to take over play calling.

Why demote? You only get so many assistants by NCAA rules. So if you demote him someone else would have to be D.A.O. Or you demote him to like an Admin...which I doubt an OC would take. Peterson needs to just get him the fuck out.
    You just take away play calling duties, no other moves would be necessary. He is already the QB coach, just have him do that.
    Ah, in the offseason he'd be gone though with warning. Keeping dead weight around is dumb and inefficient.

That's essentially what Mora did Ulbrich when it was obvious hiring an inexperienced coordinator was fucktarded. Took over game planning the 2nd half the year and got Ulbrich a job in the NFL after the season.
    That would be the way you do it ...

You don't need to publicly announce that you're changing titles or roles though ... that can all be kept internally.

For all we know, that could already be happening right now.

Any I will reiterate, the fix to the offensive problems is going to come from OUTSIDE the current program.
    A new head coach

It wasn't Nick Holt and it isn't Justin Wilcocks

For fucks sake its the fucking head coach
    I'd agree that a bad hire is on the head coach ...

What gives me some pause here is that more of his hires have proven to be good ones than not. Duds will get hired from time to time. Hell, Saban hired Kiffie for some reason.

If Petersen hires a retread of an OC that continues with his failed philosophy, then he's writing his fate. If he makes an inspired hire, there's hope for him.

It's too early to completely pull the plug and say that it isn't going to work on the whole.

But if the offense doesn't get fixed with the next hire, then it's 100% going to condemn Petersen's tenure and he'll be lucky to make it past 4 years.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

HuskyInAZ said:

.....or not.

Clearly, a huge issue our offense has been playcalling. Blame whoever you want, but it's seems entirely too complicated and cute. A second issue our offense has is youth. You inbred fucks have scorched me over this one, but maybe, just maybe, a bit of data can help you see the light. I'm not holding my breath, though.

The following numbers represent the number of years of experience each P12 team had at the 5 OL positions + QB coming into this season, based on who started their last games.

ASU - 18
    Oregon - 15
    Stanford - 15
    Cal - 14
    Utah - 13
    WSU - 12
    Arizona - 12
    USC - 12
    OSU - 10
    Colorado - 10
    UCLA - 9
    UW - 4

But I guess youth is just an excuse.....

And there was a time around 2007 when UW on the top of this list. The # of combined starts by an OL is horseshit if the coaching sucks. Right now, UW's offensive coaching sucks.

I'd say more but HouHusky already nailed it.
    Yeah, the coaching staff sucked - the lineman were horseshit too
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

My armchair CEO move would be to demote Smith and for Petersen to take over play calling.

Why demote? You only get so many assistants by NCAA rules. So if you demote him someone else would have to be D.A.O. Or you demote him to like an Admin...which I doubt an OC would take. Peterson needs to just get him the fuck out.
    You just take away play calling duties, no other moves would be necessary. He is already the QB coach, just have him do that.
    Ah, in the offseason he'd be gone though with warning. Keeping dead weight around is dumb and inefficient.

That's essentially what Mora did Ulbrich when it was obvious hiring an inexperienced coordinator was fucktarded. Took over game planning the 2nd half the year and got Ulbrich a job in the NFL after the season.
    I will reiterate, the fix to the offensive problems is going to come from OUTSIDE the current program.
    It looks to me like you want to fire Peterman but just don't realize it yet.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I will reiterate, the fix to the offensive problems is going to come from OUTSIDE the current program.
    I think you are reading way too much into what you think I'm saying
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I think you are reading way too much into what you think I'm saying
    Nope.

You're using the same passive aggressive logic the Doogs used to justify keeping Ty after he fired Baer and Sark after he fired Holt.

Lather, rinse, repeat