Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

California Bill Banning Football for Kids Under 12 Passes Committee

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    But how is football not as important on the west coast????
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

7th grade I was 14. First organized tackle ball

My dad hated youth sports. We played on the streets and fields where we fought for our meals

Teenage wasteland

I don't think this bill matters

Did you catch passes without having to look over your shoulder?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Good, children under 12 aren't ready for such a life altering decisions, its just putting a simple pause on their athletic development and once they are 12 and old enough they can make their own choice rather than just arbitrarily getting assigned the sport by their parent.

ISWYDT
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

@pawz attempting to keep it cool and not immediately infect this thread with Tug AIDS

Me and my pod @pawz are trying to give peace a chance.

• Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 799
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited January 10
    I'm just trying to keep this apolitical, but what if on we could choose other places to live in the United States where we agree with the policies of our state so we dont have to complain anymore!!!! Is that an option???
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 10

For real though, football is quickly becoming a sport for the poors. Unless they're destined to be a QB or kicker, you're signing your kid up for early onset CTE with the end goal of surviving for a few years in the NFL and getting a paycheck that's only guaranteed week to week.

Why do that when the Saudis and LA Dodgers are throwing around 9 figure guaranteed deals?

Exactly this.

When I said apolitical, this was the direction I was hoping the thread would go.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

For real though, football is quickly becoming a sport for the poors. Unless they're destined to be a QB or kicker, you're signing your kid up for early onset CTE with the end goal of surviving for a few years in the NFL and getting a paycheck that's only guaranteed week to week.

Why do that when the Saudis and LA Dodgers are throwing around 9 figure guaranteed deals?

The richest schools have a lot higher turnout where I live. That's not what's happening. The west coast and California in particular is just full of pussies. Don't over complicate it.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 10

The richest schools have a lot higher turnout where I live. That's not what's happening. The west coast and California in particular is just full of pussies. Don't over complicate it.
    TITTT

It’s the atrazine in The water.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

@GreenRiverGatorz what is the data on CTE for kids that only played through HS or College? Honest and not loaded question. I'm not well versed in this subject.

Seems like if HS Football alone cause CTE, there would be a lot more CTE out there. And nowadays, I would think the equipment and protocols are much better.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

@GreenRiverGatorz what is the data on CTE for kids that only played through HS or College? Honest and not loaded question. I'm not well versed in this subject.

Seems like if HS Football alone cause CTE, there would be a lot more CTE out there. And nowadays, I would think the equipment and protocols are much better.
    Who knows how much is out there since diagnosis is post-mortem. This study shows a stark increase in risk with players in the NFL versus college and high school. There's a lot of high level math and statistics jargon in there, so someone smarter than me will have to conclude whether or not this study touches on prevalence of high school players vs gen pop.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9989358/#:~:text=We therefore estimated that high,, respectively (Table 3).
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They let kids drug up on gender shit.... But cannot play football. California.... Checks out. They are feminizing men at a rapid rate.