Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deboer rumor, Deion & other notes

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Somebody throws 10M per at me little Franny can go to truck driving school for all I care.

What about Anna?
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uws-chris-petersen-now-the-highest-paid-coach-in-the-pac-12/

In March 2017, Petersen signed a contract extension with an average salary of $4.875 million through the 2023 season. That includes a scheduled salary of $5.625 million in the final year of the deal. (His full contract is available here.)

Now that Tuck has been officially relieved of his duties it will be interesting to see how much he gets in a settlement if any.

Sparty could just roll that money over into going after Kalen, but does he always want to be little brother to the Maize and Blue?

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,539
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uws-chris-petersen-now-the-highest-paid-coach-in-the-pac-12/

In March 2017, Petersen signed a contract extension with an average salary of $4.875 million through the 2023 season. That includes a scheduled salary of $5.625 million in the final year of the deal. (His full contract is available here.)

Now that Tuck has been officially relieved of his duties it will be interesting to see how much he gets in a settlement if any.

Sparty could just roll that money over into going after Kalen, but does he always want to be little brother to the Maize and Blue?

You're missing (purposefully omitting) some key information here.

Keep digging.

Here's a hint: Tennessee couldn't poach Petersen in 2017 because........................

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    Canadawg said:

I'm not worried about Deboer chasing the highest bid. UW will pay within a mill or 2 of anyone and he isn't the type to need the status. What I am concerned about is not being able to recruit easily enough. Not sure it's his strongest skill and he might just get irritated losing players he wants

I think he's the kind of guy that wants to beat everyone 70-0. He'd probably see better odds of that at a southern blueblood than at UW, given they were offering more or equal money.

This isn't something I'm spending any time thinking about. I'm a lot more focused on UW stopping PAC 12 offenses That needs all of my attention.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

I'm not worried about Deboer chasing the highest bid. UW will pay within a mill or 2 of anyone and he isn't the type to need the status. What I am concerned about is not being able to recruit easily enough. Not sure it's his strongest skill and he might just get irritated losing players he wants

I think he's the kind of guy that wants to beat everyone 70-0. He'd probably see better odds of that at a southern blueblood than at UW, given they were offering more or equal money.

This isn't something I'm spending any time thinking about. I'm a lot more focused on UW stopping PAC 12 offenses That needs all of my attention.
    Maybe he's too fat for the southern heat. Ever think of that?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,973
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

I made 3 trips to the ER the last time I went south of the Mason-Dixon Line.
    Come to the souwf where you won’t know it it’s ball sweat, taint sweat, or ass sweat; you’ll just know it looks like you pissed out of your butt.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,822
    Founders Club

DeBoer's stock will never be higher than after this year.

I think Alabama (Saban steps down), USC (Lincoln goes to NFL), Michigan (Harbaugh goes somewhere?) would be places Kalen would find hard to turn down.

Michigan St., I don't see.

He is essentially showing that he is a legit top 5 coach and I believe that he is a savage who wants to be the best in the universe.

UW will have to pay a lot.

Hopefully his daughter playing for UW and his wife liking the Seattle area will factor into any decision
    Hope springs eternal.

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

The barbecue game might be too much to
    turn down.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

If Michigan would have had to fire Harbaugh, or Ohio St/Bama opens up for some reason I'd be worried, but taking 7 mil which IIRC Petersen got to go rebuild the tire fire he just witnessed firshand just feels like wishful thinking by Sparttards.

Tennessee couldn't get Petersen.

Could 100% see MSU hiring Grubb though.

UW was a tire fire when he arrived
    "Kalen knows offense, and went out and found a star. The rest of it was about doing less than Jimmy did. Lake was a first-time head coach and a micromanager. The roster was never the problem, and the kids wanted to win. This staff just had to take a step back and change the energy, and they're right back to what you'd expect from these guys."

-An opposing Pac-12 assistant coach, Athlon CFB Preview
    Are you arguing that the 4-8 Dwags weren't a tire fire?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,258
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Was in sparty land for game and tailgated with an alleged insider for MSU. They want Kalen and will offer 7-10 million per year.

The dawgs I believe dodged a bullet with CU this year. If they played UW wins but I’m glad they aren’t on the schedule to find out. No Travis Hunter for two weeks is awful. Nasty cheap shot.

Westy (the mailman) is an absolute stud. The guy is always open.This offense is generational. Polk not enough pub. Landon Hatchett is probably an NFL first round pick talent.

The PAC-12 is putting on a show for the last dance. If Washington can get through the gauntlet how could they not make the playoffs?

Lastly, the staff giving Bernard his due early was some cut throat action. Deboer and Grubb are straight up killers.

Colorado St. could and should have won that game in regulation by at least 10. Oregon likely boat races Colorado. I was hoping that line would be around 14 but it's 21. I like UW -21 against CAL
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

SkipBoyd said:

A: they haven’t won anything yet. B: perhaps we wait until he can repeat without the guy at QB he groomed that no one else cared about before we mortgage the farm. (Gordon Gekko said the same to Bud when he found out he got his inside info because his dad was shop steward for Blue Star.). He probably can; look what he did with Flamer Haener.

^
    This

I almost had a coronary when the shitty announcers said Dylan Morris was displaying why the Huskies didn't need to get a QB in the portal after this season. I thought the 5'10", horrible QB was done? It feels like he's been here forever. If he's the QB next year, UW doesn't win 8 games.
    Morris wins 9 games minimum. He is just as good as Haener. Cook it
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

RoadTrip said:

SkipBoyd said:

A: they haven’t won anything yet. B: perhaps we wait until he can repeat without the guy at QB he groomed that no one else cared about before we mortgage the farm. (Gordon Gekko said the same to Bud when he found out he got his inside info because his dad was shop steward for Blue Star.). He probably can; look what he did with Flamer Haener.

^
    This

I almost had a coronary when the shitty announcers said Dylan Morris was displaying why the Huskies didn't need to get a QB in the portal after this season. I thought the 5'10", horrible QB was done? It feels like he's been here forever. If he's the QB next year, UW doesn't win 8 games.
    Morris wins 9 games minimum. He is just as good as Haener. Cook it
    Not as good as Haener but I agree he wins 9.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,539
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

If Michigan would have had to fire Harbaugh, or Ohio St/Bama opens up for some reason I'd be worried, but taking 7 mil which IIRC Petersen got to go rebuild the tire fire he just witnessed firshand just feels like wishful thinking by Sparttards.

Tennessee couldn't get Petersen.

Could 100% see MSU hiring Grubb though.

UW was a tire fire when he arrived
    "Kalen knows offense, and went out and found a star. The rest of it was about doing less than Jimmy did. Lake was a first-time head coach and a micromanager. The roster was never the problem, and the kids wanted to win. This staff just had to take a step back and change the energy, and they're right back to what you'd expect from these guys."

-An opposing Pac-12 assistant coach, Athlon CFB Preview
    Are you arguing that the 4-8 Dwags weren't a tire fire?
    The season was a disaster but everyone knew that DeBoer was stepping into a good situation in terms of the roster.

Michigan State does not look talented, they aren't even the biggest brand in their own state/region. It would be a true rebuild even with the transfer portal. Mel went that route in the off-season and they looked even worse than last year.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,150
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

SkipBoyd said:

^
    This

Oh come on now

The confirmation bias on HcH is rampant and real