Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

I'm on the fence on this one. It's a lot of fucking money, but normally, if the weaponry leads to a complete crumbling of the Russian economy and government, and strikes absolute fear to China, I'm all for it. Fuck those guys.

Unfortunately, the execution afterwards will probably be a shit show, and Russia will be more likely to get Hitler 2.0 to replace Putin than a future leader of democracy. Or worse yet, the country becomes a defacto puppet country of China. So, I'm reserved to the fact that all this money is probably going to leave Europe worse off in 10 years than better.

I tend to agree with @UW_Doog_Bot that whatever the outcome of this fucktarded war, it won't be the immediate end of Putin. Howsoever, this is bleeding Russia of manpower and resources, and maybe/probably political capital, that were pretty shitty to begin with, and Russia is at its most grievous disadvantage with the West in terms of replacement capability. Supposing this fracas accelerates a Russian collapse by some number of years, @greenblood makes an excellent poont: Are weº prepared for that? A belligerent, dictatorial but somewhat cohesive State on Western borders is one thing. A collapsed state is whole other set of problems.

We fucked up on security guarantees to Ukraine with nuke divestment, and we fucked up with NATO expansion, imo.

Ukraine and Russia have been fighting an information war from the jump, which I do not begrudge Ukraine for as they are fighting for survival and self-determination. Doesn't mean weº have to believe every or anything either side puts out.

As I recall, Gulf War I had geopolitical ripples outward to Soviet-aligned and equipped countries as they witnessed how easily Western military power, a literal half-world away, shredded the Soviet hardware Iraq fielded, even handicapping for the fucktardation of the Iraqis.

Fuck it, I put way too much thought into this.
    We should be pushing to a negotiated peace, not supplying more and more weapons and cash to string it out.
    For the good of the Ukrainian people, I agree. I do not believe that is the primary aim.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bob_C said:

I'm on the fence on this one. It's a lot of fucking money, but normally, if the weaponry leads to a complete crumbling of the Russian economy and government, and strikes absolute fear to China, I'm all for it. Fuck those guys.

Unfortunately, the execution afterwards will probably be a shit show, and Russia will be more likely to get Hitler 2.0 to replace Putin than a future leader of democracy. Or worse yet, the country becomes a defacto puppet country of China. So, I'm reserved to the fact that all this money is probably going to leave Europe worse off in 10 years than better.

I tend to agree with @UW_Doog_Bot that whatever the outcome of this fucktarded war, it won't be the immediate end of Putin. Howsoever, this is bleeding Russia of manpower and resources, and maybe/probably political capital, that were pretty shitty to begin with, and Russia is at its most grievous disadvantage with the West in terms of replacement capability. Supposing this fracas accelerates a Russian collapse by some number of years, @greenblood makes an excellent poont: Are weº prepared for that? A belligerent, dictatorial but somewhat cohesive State on Western borders is one thing. A collapsed state is whole other set of problems.

We fucked up on security guarantees to Ukraine with nuke divestment, and we fucked up with NATO expansion, imo.

Ukraine and Russia have been fighting an information war from the jump, which I do not begrudge Ukraine for as they are fighting for survival and self-determination. Doesn't mean weº have to believe every or anything either side puts out.

As I recall, Gulf War I had geopolitical ripples outward to Soviet-aligned and equipped countries as they witnessed how easily Western military power, a literal half-world away, shredded the Soviet hardware Iraq fielded, even handicapping for the fucktardation of the Iraqis.

We should be pushing to a negotiated peace, not supplying more and more weapons and cash to string it out.
    You’re forgetting that Putin wanted no part of Joey. This is all Joey trying to prove to the world what a badass in Sunglasses he is. So more Ukrainian children must die.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,941
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

There's no 10% off the top for the Big Guy in a negotiated peace.

Once the bombs stop, there’s gonna a shit ton of construction projects financed by the US government to get 10% of.
    That 10% goes to Liz Haliburton Cheney. Different Big Guy lineage.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,076
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

There's no 10% off the top for the Big Guy in a negotiated peace.

Once the bombs stop, there’s gonna a shit ton of construction projects financed by the US government to get 10% of.
    That 10% goes to Liz Haliburton Cheney. Different Big Guy lineage.

James Biden helped “rebuild” Iraq. He’s got some sub contractors that could handle it.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This got buried in @PostGameOrangeSlices blue and gold boner. But it is the crux of why Putin is such a 'mad man'.

The arrogance of the West was to continue to expand NATO east despite the red-line protestations of Russia.

If Russia or China joined in a military pact with Mexico, and just needed a little more time to get their bases in there, America rightfully would put an end to that right quick. You disavow Russia employing this same logic because it doesn't fit the imperialist mores of the West.

It's goddamned naive to think the US isn't an imperialist nation. We just have been conditioned to think the US military is the world's policemen saving democracy.

How's that worked out in the Middle East, Vietnam and Afghanistan?

It's comical to see the chickenhawks claiming Putin will continue to march through Eastern Europe if not stopped in Ukraine. That's 1960's Domino Theory.

FREE PUB !!!

@PostGameOrangeSlices

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

I don't really give a shit about the corrupt Ukrainian government. I do feel bad for Ukrainians. That said it's their fight. I see no reason to not sell them the guns to do it though(even at a discount). A reduced Russia is good for us and everyone except Putin.

I'd be happy sending weapons to Taiwan to kill the Chinese as well.

It's weird how divisive that is for some of you.

It's a lot more than selling some guns

Its weird to minimize that
    It's weird to lump pension checks in with defense weapons I agree.

So why do so many here keep doing that same thing.

No way in fuck do I think Ukraine should get blank checks or even f-15's let alone actual new tech like f-35(which is still old enough we sell it globally btw).

Some of the retards here still seem to think the M1 that served in the first Iraq war is new tech just because it's still in service. The B52 stratofortress is still in service too.

Russia has been supplying our active enemies for 20+ years. Payback is a bitch and there's literally nothing they can do about it.
    It's lumped in because you want to minimize what's really happening

This has nothing to do with Russia. Hell they're making money too like the Biden's and Cocaine Mitch

What do you people not get. This has EVERYTHING to do with Russia. Russia is the country that started a fucking land war in Europe. Christ on a stick. Russia invaded Ukraine!
    It has everything to do with Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Russia.
    Afghanistan was 100% justified, as was supplying and providing advise in Syria and Ukraine.

Vietnam and Iraq were mistakes IMO, but Iraq might actually be a functioning country someday which is Chinteresting. Still doesnt justify the military industrial Cheney clusterfuck that is was.

Libya and Yemen, who cares. Small potatoes.

Stop painting with a broad brush and get some perspective. Not every war is the same.
    Whatever they tell you about a war on the news and the NYT and basically everyone else is propaganda. Sad you haven’t realized that yet. I’m not pretending to know what is going on on the ground and back room diplomacy unlike you. Just easy to spot the bullshit.
    I dont know shit about fuck. But I know enough to see that Putin and Russia are evil, wannabe imperialists that bit off FAR more than they can chew.

They showed their hand, and it was closer to a 2 7 off suit than it was a pair of aces.

This is clear to most.
    This is what history will say about the US and UKR after the petrodollar falls.

Since you like poker analogies, the West is severely overplaying their hand. There won't even be a Pyrrhic victory for the West when this is over.

I suggest you look up the BRICS and their plans.

Our imperialist machinations drove the BRICS into each other's arms.

Make no mistake, I don't want to be right.

Name the solvent BRIC country that's going to be the reserve currency for the others. I'll wait.
    BRICS

Who has the most energy to sell? Take your pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1zQH69Lams
    Lol, let's play a hypothetical, even IF the petrodollar were to be replaced, what % of international capital transactions do you think that's a percentage of?

And no, the Saudis ain't taking shit for stain currencies so again, which BRIC is going to be the reserve? because the Saudis are selling not buying.

@pawz I like you but you are way off base on this one.
    Theoretically all currency is fiat. Some more than others.

Therefor it wouldn't take much for the consortium to pick one, or create a new one.

If the preference was to back it with something tangible, you could use the gold RUS has been stockpiling; you could use the the black gold in the ground the Saudi's have; or you could use the fastest growing economy in China (allegedly).

I don't see how that's a grossly difficult task. The current currency was picked over a a weekend at Bretton Woods.

• Options
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

I don't really give a shit about the corrupt Ukrainian government. I do feel bad for Ukrainians. That said it's their fight. I see no reason to not sell them the guns to do it though(even at a discount). A reduced Russia is good for us and everyone except Putin.

No way in fuck do I think Ukraine should get blank checks or even f-15's let alone actual new tech like f-35(which is still old enough we sell it globally btw).

Some of the retards here still seem to think the M1 that served in the first Iraq war is new tech just because it's still in service. The B52 stratofortress is still in service too.

Russia has been supplying our active enemies for 20+ years. Payback is a bitch and there's literally nothing they can do about it.

This has nothing to do with Russia. Hell they're making money too like the Biden's and Cocaine Mitch

What do you people not get. This has EVERYTHING to do with Russia. Russia is the country that started a fucking land war in Europe. Christ on a stick. Russia invaded Ukraine!
    It has everything to do with Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Russia.
    Afghanistan was 100% justified, as was supplying and providing advise in Syria and Ukraine.

Vietnam and Iraq were mistakes IMO, but Iraq might actually be a functioning country someday which is Chinteresting. Still doesnt justify the military industrial Cheney clusterfuck that is was.

Stop painting with a broad brush and get some perspective. Not every war is the same.
    Whatever they tell you about a war on the news and the NYT and basically everyone else is propaganda. Sad you haven’t realized that yet. I’m not pretending to know what is going on on the ground and back room diplomacy unlike you. Just easy to spot the bullshit.
    I dont know shit about fuck. But I know enough to see that Putin and Russia are evil, wannabe imperialists that bit off FAR more than they can chew.

They showed their hand, and it was closer to a 2 7 off suit than it was a pair of aces.

This is clear to most.

Since you like poker analogies, the West is severely overplaying their hand. There won't even be a Pyrrhic victory for the West when this is over.

Name the solvent BRIC country that's going to be the reserve currency for the others. I'll wait.
    BRICS

Lol, let's play a hypothetical, even IF the petrodollar were to be replaced, what % of international capital transactions do you think that's a percentage of?

And no, the Saudis ain't taking shit for stain currencies so again, which BRIC is going to be the reserve? because the Saudis are selling not buying.

Therefor it wouldn't take much for the consortium to pick one, or create a new one.

If the preference was to back it with something tangible, you could use the gold RUS has been stockpiling; you could use the the black gold in the ground the Saudi's have; or you could use the fastest growing economy in China (allegedly).

I don't see how that's a grossly difficult task. The current currency was picked over a a weekend at Bretton Woods.

I like the @swaye's people in this one.

D'oh...wrong Indians. But those motherfuckers like gold. A Lot.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

This is clear to most.

BRICS

A little reductive there, given the state of world at the tim, do you think?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bob_C said:

Unless it is stacked like Raquel Welch, has a skilled vag and can suck chrome off a bumper, The Throbber wants no part of anything having to do with Ukraine.

THEE PGOS is a fan of Ukraine
    Not the right board to suck off corrupt countries.
    You think there is such a thing as non-corrupt countries?

Dumbass
    Compared to the USA under the Putin dick sucker trump the current Ukraine is pure.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    Founders Club
    PGOS, I think your head and intentions are in the right place regarding this conflict and I understand your distrust of Russia. I can't speak for the others here but I don't believe anyone supports Russia or their war with Ukraine. I don't trust our? own government or any European member of NATO either. If they were so concerned about Russian advancement beyond Ukraine, then they should be all in against Russia instead of relying upon our? tax dollars. We? seem to care a whole lot more about Ukrainian borders than our own. We? are ignoring our own people and the problems at home at the expense of a criminally corrupt Zelensky and his government.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

PGOS, I think your head and intentions are in the right place regarding this conflict and I understand your distrust of Russia. I can't speak for the others here but I don't believe anyone supports Russia or their war with Ukraine. I don't trust our? own government or any European member of NATO either. If they were so concerned about Russian advancement beyond Ukraine, then they should be all in against Russia instead of relying upon our? tax dollars. We? seem to care a whole lot more about Ukrainian borders than our own. We? are ignoring our own people and the problems at home at the expense of a criminally corrupt Zelensky and his government.

The discussion on this topic has definitely been better the longer the thread has gone on.

Like I said earlier, show me a non corrupt country...it just doesnt exist. I get your guy's distrust of Nato, the US, and especially Biden.

The being said, I do think the powers that be are making an example out of Russia, and at the same time sending a clear message to China. That message is that wars over territory are a thing of the past, this is the New World Order, fuck around and find out.

At the same time, Russia has and is still committing horrific war crimes. And its not just one offs here and there like Tiger Force in Vietnam, it's systemic and everywhere they touch tortured and killed civilians pay the price.

If Ukraine wants to fight and die, I say let them. You guys seem to agree, its the specifics of US backing we disagree on
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The message has been known since Vietnam then Afghanistan 1 and 2

Gulf War 1 in fact should have been the tell of all tells

The "world community" will let a super power fuck with a country but never win

This really is a both sides do it situation. One starts some shit and the other arms the place where the shit started and both burn munitions and civilians before the rebuild

Your last sentence is correct

And Zelensky is a piece of shit and a coward willing to hide behind the deaths of his civilians

When is he up for re election?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's got a year

The next Ukrainian presidential election shall be held, per the Constitution of Ukraine, on the last Sunday of March[1] of the fifth year of the incumbent President's term of office, in Spring 2024.

https://nytimes.com/2022/02/21/opinion/ukraine-russia-zelensky-putin.html

KYIV, Ukraine — It’s not hard to guess what President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine must be craving right now: one normal day.

The comic-turned-president surely never imagined the job would be quite so intense. First, he got tangled up in the impeachment of Donald Trump. Then he had to deal with the Covid pandemic. And now he’s facing the prospect of a full-scale invasion by Russia.

Russia, of course, has been waging a war in eastern Ukraine since 2014. But now the threat is total: Up to 190,000 Russian troops have amassed near Ukraine’s borders and in separatist regions, and an invasion, bringing devastation and disaster, could come at any time. It’s a gravely serious situation. And Mr. Zelensky, a comedian for most of his life, is in over his head.

Yet the truth is more prosaic. Mr. Zelensky, the showman and performer, has been unmasked by reality. And it has revealed him to be dispiritingly mediocre.

After his nearly three years in office, it’s clear what the problem is: Mr. Zelensky’s tendency to treat everything like a show. Gestures, for him, are more important than consequences. Strategic objectives are sacrificed for short-term benefits. The words he uses don’t matter, as long as they are entertaining. And when the reviews are bad, he stops listening and surrounds himself with fans.

https://aljazeera.com/news/2021/10/5/pandora-papers-no-re-election-for-ukraines-comedian-president

Kyiv, Ukraine – Alla Butsko hoped that the comedian whose routines and television series made her laugh for years would also make her proud as Ukraine’s first corruption-free president.

In 2019, the 62-year-old retired librarian cast her ballot for Volodymyr Zelenskyy, head of the District 95 comic troupe, in Ukraine’s most unusual presidential election.

Zelenskyy said at the time that his total political inexperience would help him uproot the country’s omnipresent corruption.

But more than two years in office yielded no results, Butsko believed.

Zelenskyy’s ratings have tanked, while his anti-corruption measures were mostly cosmetic and failed to land anyone notorious in jail, she told Al Jazeera.

On Monday, on her son’s laptop, she watched Offshore 95, a video by Slidstvo.info, a group of Ukraine’s leading investigative reporters, that “finally opened her eyes”.

“I was duped, we all were duped. I’m not voting for him again,” she said.

he findings were based on the Pandora Papers, a trove of millions of documents from 14 offshore service providers leaked to the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists and its partners, including Slidstvo.info.

The story detailed how Zelenskyy and his partners launched a network of offshore companies in the British Virgin Islands, Belize and Cyprus.

The companies date back to at least 2012, the year District 95 went big in Ukraine with regular shows on a television channel owned by Ihor Kolomoisky, a Ukrainian oligarch sanctioned in the US and the European Union for alleged multibillion fraud, the report claimed.

Zelenskyy’s business partners include Ivan Bakanov, current head of the SBU, Ukraine’s main intelligence agency that often investigates corruption cases, and presidential aide Serhiy Shefir, who administers the offshore companies but shares the profits with Zelenskyy’s wife, the report claims.

At the time of publication, Al Jazeera’s requests for comment from those accused in the leaks were unanswered.

He's got a lot of company in that off shore mess

Some named Biden
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,076
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

He's got a year

Gonna take a wild preemptive conspiracy theory leap and say that election will be postponed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

He's got a year

Gonna take a wild preemptive conspiracy theory leap and say that election will be postponed.
    Bro you're just running up the score with that one
  • Options
    edited February 2023

RoadTrip said:

The discussion on this topic has definitely been better the longer the thread has gone on.

Like I said earlier, show me a non corrupt country...it just doesnt exist. I get your guy's distrust of Nato, the US, and especially Biden.

The being said, I do think the powers that be are making an example out of Russia, and at the same time sending a clear message to China. That message is that wars over territory are a thing of the past, this is the New World Order, fuck around and find out.

At the same time, Russia has and is still committing horrific war crimes. And its not just one offs here and there like Tiger Force in Vietnam, it's systemic and everywhere they touch tortured and killed civilians pay the price.

If Ukraine wants to fight and die, I say let them. You guys seem to agree, its the specifics of US backing we disagree on
    Fuck the New World Order.

That's the point of all this. Fuck NWO, fuck global corporatism. Fuck Davos. Fuck fuck fuck. And fuck anyone who supports that bullshit.

We don't want any fucking New World Order.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

That's the point of all this. Fuck NWO, fuck global corporatism. Fuck Davos. Fuck fuck fuck. And fuck anyone who supports that bullshit.

It's already here. US and its cronies run the world. Better to live here than say...Russia
  • Options

RoadTrip said:

It's already here. US and its cronies run the world. Better to live here than say...Russia
    Again, fuck the New World Order and anyone who supports it.