Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What happens if Utah wins?

2»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,495 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

ESPN's analytics has Utah with a 61% chance of winning
    https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401437035

Unless there is some glaring weakness in SC's defense that they can exploit without resistance, Utah is limping to the finish line against a team that pretty much controlled them in SLC and it was a bizarre finish via refs.

SC isn't perfect but Utah beating them twice would be pretty insane.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,115
    edited November 2022

Espn is probably 99th most accurate of the best 100 analytical forecasts available. So there is that.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Yeah I'm curious what ESPN is looking at that Vegas doesn't know. The line moved to USC -3.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,953 Founders Club

Might as well not play the game

Yeah I'm curious what ESPN is looking at that Vegas doesn't know. The line moved to USC -3.

They are just too SEC centric. Thier non SEC related predictions may be okay. They appear way more biased than Sagarin (towards p10/12) when he first started his model. Sagarin has improved but ESPN has a (false) narrative to continue to sell.
  • HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 499
    Utah wins rather easily, say 34-17
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,244 Founders Club

USC will win by 10+

Too much on the line for Riley and Williams. Utah looked like dogshit against Oregon (their QB is beyond overrated).

USC will be doubly motivated with not just the natty chance but also revenge
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,693 Swaye's Wigwam

USC will win by 10+

Too much on the line for Riley and Williams. Utah looked like dogshit against Oregon (their QB is beyond overrated).

Riley's the much better game day coach than Whittingham.

USC's crowd will give them home field advantage in LV.

USC by 14
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,292 Swaye's Wigwam

USC will win by 10+

USC by 14
    USC barely has a home field crowd advantage in LA
    I was surprised how good their crowd was vs ND
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,494 Swaye's Wigwam

I will pay @PurpleBaze to attend the next SLC Marathon, Insta Pot in hand, lying in wait for @89ute

Mods?

*Instant Pot
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,033 Standard Supporter

USC will win by 10+

Ah yes the revenge factor.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,715 Swaye's Wigwam

USC will win by 10+

USC by 14
    Ute fans will be all over Vegas. I'd be surprised if the crowd isn't a pretty solid Utah lean.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,698 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

USC will win by 10+

USC by 14
    Ute fans will be all over Vegas. I'd be surprised if the crowd isn't a pretty solid Utah lean.
    Yes, most don't realize Utahns love Vegas... it's as much of a suburb/weekend spot as it is for SoCal.
    I predict SC diehards that travel will be saving their cash for the playoffs.
    gmo said:

TheHB said:

USC will win by 10+

USC by 14
    Yes, most don't realize Utahns love Vegas... it's as much of a suburb/weekend spot as it is for SoCal.
    SC diehards that travel might just decide to embrace abundance. The one's I know can easily afford both.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,698 Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

gmo said:

TheHB said:

USC will win by 10+

USC by 14
    SC diehards that travel might just decide to embrace abundance. The one's I know can easily afford both.
    Sure nearly all of them can... and Angelenos love Vegas. But anyone who had to choose is choosing playoffs IMO.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I cancel my booking and save money b
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,572 Standard Supporter

FettersFS, who's been covering CFB for 20+ years, started a post today that said the Huskies could potentially go to any NY6 bowl outside of the CFP as an at large. Apparently he wasn't aware that the other bowls have conference tie-ins too. JFC can someone be worse at their job than the LPT.

Holy shit is he stupid. What a waste of oxygen, the little bit he manages to breathe in.