Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,927
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DHD said:

Snagged this sampler from perfectcigarblend.com today. It was $495. I priced these individually and the sampler was about a $125 value. (Note that I'm calling $500 worth of cigars a "value". "Value" is clearly in the eye of the beholder).

Once these come in, the humidor will be mostly set for the next few months. Or, until I get the urge to buy more, next week. Adding to the stash is more addicting than the nicotine.

A couple of favorites for the last few months have been these:

Fuente Rosado Magnum R 56:

My Father Fall 2021 Exclusive Toro:

And, gonna add this video of 3 guys discussing how to light a cigar. I found it both interesting and helpful. I also found the entire mood/attitude/discourse strangely relaxing. I'd like to hang with these guys, just so I could feel both fascinated and completely out of my league.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KxTQXmZo9Lc

So @Swaye was getting so hard up for Opus X, he was about to send me on a mission to the White Wakanda Cigar Emporium to pick up some Opus X singles and ship to the Camelot Court Estates. My cigar guy here, always has one box of Opus that you can buy a few singles from. I can't buy $500 orders though. Mrs. Snow is OK with my cigar habit as long as I'm not buying in bulk.

As everyone knows, I am @BearsWiin but with a shitty pretend jerb.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Story tim with @DHD is a new segment in this thread. Good chit. Also, you have me curious about the Padron Black Labels. Might see if my guy can either get them, or knows how to get them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I smoked my last Opus X today. It was a party in my mouth/throat cancers regions.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Update: My guy says Padron Black are impossible to get. They were only made twice. There will be one in the 2022 CRA so you can buy a couple of those but otherwise impossible unless Purotrader or the like has some pop up.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Reading this thread and the set ups you guys have are awesome and collector aspect of it seems fun, but cigars are gross. I don’t get how you guys enjoy them so much. I’m a smoker too, but hate cigars. I’ll enjoy a wood tip black and mild from time to time.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Reading this thread and the set ups you guys have are awesome and collector aspect of it seems fun, but cigars are gross. I don’t get how you guys enjoy them so much. I’m a smoker too, but hate cigars. I’ll enjoy a wood tip black and mild from time to time.

Acquired taste is all I can say, and I suppose some people never get into them. Took me years of smoking 10-20 a year to really start understanding it, then more years of smoking 100-500 a year to really get" it. Now nothing in the world smells better to me than a cigar.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cheap cigars are gross. Premium, luxury cigars are proof god loves us.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Hey Swaye, thanks for the update on the Padron Blacks. I'll officially end my quest.

Got that Opus sampler coming in tomorrow, and I added some Carrillo Inch and Dunbarton Sobremesas to the order so those will get sorted and added to the humidor as well. Now, if the weather will just cooperate, it would make enjoying all of these a lot more fun.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    DHD said:

Hey Swaye, thanks for the update on the Padron Blacks. I'll officially end my quest.

Got that Opus sampler coming in tomorrow, and I added some Carrillo Inch and Dunbarton Sobremesas to the order so those will get sorted and added to the humidor as well. Now, if the weather will just cooperate, it would make enjoying all of these a lot more fun.

I've been thinking on those Sobremesas for awhile. Let me know how they go! Weather here has been a dream. Lots of My Father and Julius Caesars happening here lately.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If you're bashing Swisher Sweets, Backwoods, or White Owls, I'm fucking out.

We've all been there, man. And will be again. Guaranteed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I smoked plenty of Swishers in HS. I ain't never going back. Narsty.

I haven't smoked worse than Macanudo level since freshman year of college.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Then you haven't lost your car keys and wallet at 2:30 a.m. in Fremont when the only sustenance available are green chili burritos at 7-11, you're jonesing for a cigar and Swishers are all you can afford with $11 & change left in your pocket.

You privileged white SOB.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

Then you haven't lost your car keys and wallet at 2:30 a.m. in Fremont when the only sustenance available are green chili burritos at 7-11, you're jonesing for a cigar and Swishers are all you can afford with $11 & change left in your pocket.

I have a cuntry club membership. Me and all the Kalifags can sit around smoking cigars and scheme about how we can further ruin White Wakanda.
  • Options

I have a cuntry club membership. Me and all the Kalifags can sit around smoking cigars and scheme about how we can further ruin White Wakanda.
    I hope it's not Broken Top. Those fuckers gave me grief when I walked my husky down their precious cart path with 6" of snow on the ground.

"No dogs means no dogs." Even though its December and the course is a fucking ice sheet. Fuck Off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hope it's not Broken Top. Those fuckers gave me grief when I walked my husky down their precious cart path with 6" of snow on the ground.

"No dogs means no dogs." Even though its December and the course is a fucking ice sheet. Fuck Off.
    Uhm yeah FTG. Broken Top is for crusty oldes.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone that smoke a swisher is a sick fuck. Those are for rolling blunts.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    I've had the Sobremesa Brulee' in the humidor pretty consistently for the last couple of years. They are very good. Little bit of a sweet taste to start, but then consistently satisfying. The latest order was the Sobremesa Gran Imperiales. With the weather getting nicer, I wanted something a little longer lasting.

All of the Dunbarton/Saka stuff seems top notch.
  • Options

Anyone that smoke a swisher is a sick fuck. Those are for rolling blunts.

Sounds like somebody's never been stranded in Fremont an hour after last call, hungry and jonesing for a smoke.

Get out more often, Roady.