Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for the people here over 40

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

In my day, late 70's, we had one known fag. I previously mentioned a guy that had a hard on in the locker room shower. He was beaten into a bloody pulp by those present. They were not the same person.

Honestly dude, these "stories" of yours.

If true rumble fish, anybody who would assault someone in those circumstances is classically repressing something. You position yourself as a champion of liberty and self-determination, but really you're the biggest Nazi statist on the board. You are 100% Joe McCarthy and don't even see it.
    Disagree. It happened. I wasn't there. What did you want me to do about it? I was relating a story on the question asked. Lighten up kitty cat!
    Your tacit support of such actions speak loudly and clearly about your views. Own it or not tuffy.
    Well I'm thinking those in the shower didn't like some other dude getting a hard on over them. Something you'd enjoy? What would you do? Offer a handy?

I'm a realist and am old enough to remember America. We had really big mental hospitals for a reason now they all wander our streets and schools and serve in government.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2022

As a kid we would have lunch with my mom's college friend who lived with her female friend. They both had real short hair

The folks never acted like it was any kind of thing.

Olympia was progressive unlike Aberdeen

We may have had a gay kid at school. Don't know

Cross dressing was the trans of the 60s

We had a few kids who everyone knew was gay and would eventually come out officially, and they did. We also had a great teacher who was openly gay ... had an antagonistic relationship with the administration, which itself was just a confederacy of mediocre people. The gay teacher was anything but that.

But even in the Deen and even in the 80s, beating up suspected gay people like rumble fish and his SS buddies would have been viewed as low brow and beneath civilized behavior. I say again: even in fucking Aberdeen even in the 80s.

Let me be clear: although I grew up using gay slurs in the pejorative, actual and serious fear of gay people is super and really dumb.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Do you recall a single "trans-gender" student during any of your 12 years of primary, Junior high and high school?

Nope. Not one. I'm in the camp with Douglas Murray on this one. We are making permanent decisions with kids, and we are managing our culture on the basis of an all-in assumption that trans is like gay: just who you are. Murray (who is gay) says, and I agree, that we don't know much of anything about trans and we should, at the very least, be pumping the breaks on it. He also believes, as do I, that mental illness is likely a big driver, but being the academic that he is, he doens't firmly conclude on that point w/o a study. At least as far as the last talk he gave that I have watched.

Although I am not gay (I swear!) and have no gay children or siblings, I don't agree with the subtle conflation of trans and gay in the public discourse on this issue. And that's on both sides of the debate.

Gay has been with us since the dawn of time, and while I believe there can be some "fashionable" joining of a lifestyle on some occasions for a period of time, it seems that homosexuality is largely a born-in trait. Trans is something else altogether from what I can tell.
    Intersex people exist biologically, I actually know more than 1.

They are the first to admit they are unicorns.

It's the conflation of people that want to cross dress with actual trans people that is odd.

Then you get into the battle of "are there biological differences in sex" thing which ironically the people advocating that it's all socially constructed also saying that people were born that way. I think it's because "the gays" were so successful in gaining acceptance by arguing it was biology not choice.

Most of us, I think, can agree that there are biological differences in sex, which drive most, but not all, gender differences. There's a tiny subset of people who might have some of that mixed up but they will be the first to tell you there are biological differences between genders.

If it isn't biological, then it's socially constructed, and if it's socially constructed, then yes, it's grooming when you teach it to children.

I'm sure this post will trigger @TheKobeStopper
    Agree with all this. As Murray says (paraphrasing): don't tell me, as someone who knew he was gay as a child, that the chromosomes don't matter, because they do.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Do you recall a single "trans-gender" student during any of your 12 years of primary, Junior high and high school?

Nope. Not one. I'm in the camp with Douglas Murray on this one. We are making permanent decisions with kids, and we are managing our culture on the basis of an all-in assumption that trans is like gay: just who you are. Murray (who is gay) says, and I agree, that we don't know much of anything about trans and we should, at the very least, be pumping the breaks on it. He also believes, as do I, that mental illness is likely a big driver, but being the academic that he is, he doens't firmly conclude on that point w/o a study. At least as far as the last talk he gave that I have watched.

Although I am not gay (I swear!) and have no gay children or siblings, I don't agree with the subtle conflation of trans and gay in the public discourse on this issue. And that's on both sides of the debate.

Gay has been with us since the dawn of time, and while I believe there can be some "fashionable" joining of a lifestyle on some occasions for a period of time, it seems that homosexuality is largely a born-in trait. Trans is something else altogether from what I can tell.
    Some, but very few, are legit. For many, it's a trendy fad filling gaping holes in their sad, confused, unfulfilling, socially-inept teen lives. Prior generations understood teen years were a fucking bitch to get through, but the trophies for all kids can't stand it and need an excuse, which the always-recruiting Trans movement is happier than an Amway rep to provide.

This former Trans dude (i.e., woman) gives up the Gospel truth in this outstanding interview.

https://youtu.be/5HbPzJy9gkY
    Agree. At least that's what I suspect.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

In my day, late 70's, we had one known fag. I previously mentioned a guy that had a hard on in the locker room shower. He was beaten into a bloody pulp by those present. They were not the same person.

If true rumble fish, anybody who would assault someone in those circumstances is classically repressing something. You position yourself as a champion of liberty and self-determination, but really you're the biggest Nazi statist on the board. You are 100% Joe McCarthy and don't even see it.
    Disagree. It happened. I wasn't there. What did you want me to do about it? I was relating a story on the question asked. Lighten up kitty cat!
    Your tacit support of such actions speak loudly and clearly about your views. Own it or not tuffy.
    Well I'm thinking those in the shower didn't like some other dude getting a hard on over them. Something you'd enjoy? What would you do? Offer a handy?

I'm a realist and am old enough to remember America. We had really big mental hospitals for a reason now they all wander our streets and schools and serve in government.
    I would have found it odd and off-putting even if I thought it was because he was thinking of a chick, and I probably would have said something along the lines of "Dude, really?". But beating him to "a bloody pulp" is for cavemen. I'm more evolved. What can I say.

I'm no spring chicken btw. You don't have the market cornered on history and memory. Give me a fucking break.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I would have found it odd and off-putting because I'm a heterosexual, and I probably would have said something along the lines of "Dude, really?". But beating him to "a bloody pulp" is for cavemen. I'm more evolved. What can I say.

I'm no spring chicken btw. You don't have the market cornered on history and memory. Give me a fucking break.
    1978 boys high school locker room was no place to be sporting wood! Testosterone running rampant and fist fights were common and not deterred much. Maybe you recall such things? I'm sure they said lots of things to him.

But speaking of old times people didn't talk as much shit because others didn't tolerate bad behavior. I liked that better. Natural consequences has been eliminated just one of the many reasons we're in the shape we're in!
  • Options
    Last response on this, yet another, inane exchange with you Sleddy:

1. I've never fought, will never fight, and have never seen anyone else fight, another man while naked. I don't want direct contact with other junk. YMMV.
    2. Fights in my day were invariably over some girl or just some other guy being a dick because (in retropect) his family life sucked.
    3. Every single guy I went to school with in Aberdeen whose persona was "tuff guy" subsequently led a life that neither I, nor anyone else I know, would envy. They're almost all, to a person, underwhelming people living somewhat sad, underwhelming lives. There's probably a connection there to whatever insecurity plagued them in their youth. Fortunately, I could handle myself just well enough, or at least there was a perception that I could, that I didn't have to deal with it personally. But it was routine in the Deen.
    4. People have always talked shit. You imagine a world that never existed. More physical altercations doesn't seem like a great solution to society's ills, but I'm no sociologist so I'll leave it to you to figure out.
    5. Remember, these great tuffy people who were in HS in 1978? They're the ones who have most recently been in charge of society and raised the next platoon.
  • Options
    Creep exchanges are always like this. You should know that.

1. I have never started a fight in my life. I had rules from my father to never start one. The other rule was that if some else started it and you couldn't walk away was to finish the fight and win the fight. I followed the rule. I never lost. Yet. Always someone bigger or badder than you but they are usually nice guys in my experience.
    2. Fights were over many things in my day sometimes girls sometimes not. Some people are just assholes. Some think they are bullies but really aren't.
    3. Tough guys I have known were very well behaved and well liked and respected. They didn't start trouble. They weren't assholes. Older times men were gentlemen and gentlemen knew how to defend themselves. Maybe my cop dad was from that generation.
    4. No people didn't always talk shit except your buddies. The reason was as I explained, others wouldn't put up with it and would say something and if really needed do something. How often do we see that these days?
    5. No they are in all walks of life normal folks. They weren't bullies. They hopefully all raised men. We're very short of men these days. We have different outlooks, morals and values and upbringing it seems. I have not impugned yours. I like mine better and have taught my children the same way. They were not bullies and they might have one fight between them and it was minor. You appear to be a rabbit person. Not all people are rabbits. Some are sheepdogs. Some are wolves. I didn't raise rabbits.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Ex
    thechatch said:

No. A few kids who everyone knew were closet cases but no one cared. It’s been 25 years but I don’t recall those people being singled out or picked on or whatever.

Probably different in the social media age but in the 90s we just really didn’t give a shit about that stuff. No one was running around the halls in HS in a drag outfit yelling about how their rights were being violated because they couldn’t take their wiener into the girls lockeroom.

No one was running around with purple hair, man-hole (term which needs to be eliminated) sized cavities in their ears, face tattoos and 30 peircings. I guess I need to be more woke likE JW. To each their own....naw...fuck off freaks.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

SFGbob said:

This would make an excellent discussion. What have you witnessed that would indicate homosexuality is genetic? I'd say it is more environmental.

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

This would make an excellent discussion. What have you witnessed that would indicate homosexuality is genetic? I'd say it is more environmental.

There are studies that show similarities in (1) gay men and straight women and (2) gay women and straight men, in parts of the brain that are associated with sexual observation and behavior. The prevailing thought is that sexual orientation is largely genetic, further supported by the fact that animals demonstrate gay behavior at times.

The transgender/gender dysphoria issue is more...complicated. Some evidence suggests that it's a combination of genetic and environmental factors, but from what I can tell, the genetic evidence is tenuous at best (perhaps genetic to the extent that more impressionable and/or depressed people tend to end up with gender dysphoria as a coping mechanism).
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think we all develop certain attractions. Stalin and Asian women for example. Men to women, women to men, men to men. women to women. That’s been consistent I believe since we emerged from caves.

The road we’re on now is well beyond what defines men and women and the attempt to erase both is the goal of some very radical people.

How can there be a gay man if we’re telling children that there are no boundaries for what constitutes a man or a woman for that matter? The entire DIM party now refuses to define woman.

You’re erasing groups in order to normalize the behavior of a tiny fraction of mankind. At some point sane people need to pushback and courageously confront this insanity.

We are the majority.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2022

As a kid we would have lunch with my mom's college friend who lived with her female friend. They both had real short hair

The folks never acted like it was any kind of thing.

Olympia was progressive unlike Aberdeen

We may have had a gay kid at school. Don't know

Cross dressing was the trans of the 60s

We had a few kids who everyone knew was gay and would eventually come out officially, and they did. We also had a great teacher who was openly gay ... had an antagonistic relationship with the administration, which itself was just a confederacy of mediocre people. The gay teacher was anything but that.

But even in the Deen and even in the 80s, beating up suspected gay people like rumble fish and his SS buddies would have been viewed as low brow and beneath civilized behavior. I say again: even in fucking Aberdeen even in the 80s.

Let me be clear: although I grew up using gay slurs in the pejorative, actual and serious fear of gay people is super and really dumb.
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I worked on Broadway when I was 19, keeping my eyes open and my bum-bum closed. My first day on the job as a busboy, I was surprised to hear one gay waiter call another gay waiter a fag. ("Don't be such a fag" was the statement.) I realized right then and there that gay men used "fag" the same way we straight kids from the burbs did in the 70s & 80s, to wit "Stop acting girly. Act like a man." It was not a slur, per se, but a term deployed to express annoyance at another's behavior in the group.

I always understood, and had it explained to me by gay friends, that homophobia was not the fear of homosexuals, per se, but the fear of being gay ourselves or possessing traits that might possibly lead someday to gobbling dick. I was never abusive to gay people because they were gay, but there were some gay dudes I worked with that just couldn't turn it off and self-alienated from both gay and straight friends. Many of them died from AIDS in the 80s and 90s, and I do feel sad about that, because everybody deserves a chance to get their shit together and blend into society, paying their taxes and doing good for their community & families.

I urge everyone to watch the video I posted above if you want to know what's really going on inside the Trans-Epidemic.

What was the topic again?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

A good friend in Rocklin has a daughter who is a senior in HS and a women's lacrosse player. Her team lost 16 to 15 this week. A trans freak scored 15 of the 16 goals. Apparently this freak ran around the entire field knocking the shit out of the smaller, slower girls. The it's parents must be so proud.

Trans freak being a dude. The gen pop needs to stop going along with this nonsense of identifying them as "girls or women". Because they're not. They're cosmetically altered mentally ill boys or men. They have no business competing against girls or women. If they want to compete, then let them compete in a tranny league of their own.
    This gives me an idea for a movie remake…
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Hold on. Gay people are gay for sure. I couldn't just start liking dudes.

Trans have a mental illness.

If you can't look at your dick and realize you're a dude then idk what to tell you
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If you can't look at your dick and realize you're a dude then idk what to tell you

Gay was a "mental illness" until it wasn't.

Trans doesn't have any single explanation that I know of, but intersex people are definitely, objectively intersex. They aren't imagining it.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2022
    HHusky said:

Gay was a "mental illness" until it wasn't.

Trans doesn't have any single explanation that I know of, but intersex people are definitely, objectively intersex. They aren't imagining it.

It's such an extreme minority that the actual trans shit doesn't really matter. It's mostly that it's their loudness in politics that's the problem

Because I don't like you libs.