Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for the people here over 40

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,985
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    In my day, late 70's, we had one known fag. I previously mentioned a guy that had a hard on in the locker room shower. He was beaten into a bloody pulp by those present. They were not the same person.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,272
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

In my day, late 70's, we had one known fag. I previously mentioned a guy that had a hard on in the locker room shower. He was beaten into a bloody pulp by those present. They were not the same person.

tuff guys

congrats
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,989
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Nope. And none in the workplace in 45 years. Gays and lesbians in college and law school and no one really cared, but no trannies. Had a couple of parents whose sons were patently effeminate gays (to the apparent obliviousness of the parents) but not trans. Maybe later, but not that I'm aware of.
    SFGbob said:

Do you recall a single "trans-gender" student during any of your 12 years of primary, Junior high and high school?

• Options
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

tuff guys

congrats
    So it was you!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Caitlyn Jenner is a bit over 40.

You seriously believe there are no 40+ year olds who are desperately unhappy because of this condition and/or have made the change?

Sled was beating homosexuals bloody in the 70s. ('Cuz he's a real man.)

I wonder why people with this condition weren't just shouting about it from the rooftops "back in the day".
  • Options
    HHusky said:

You seriously believe there are no 40+ year olds who are desperately unhappy because of this condition and/or have made the change?

I wonder why people with this condition weren't just shouting about it from the rooftops "back in the day".

I never said I beat him Dazzler. Is this your courtroom intellect showing?
  • Options
    Sources said:

HHusky said:

So you admit it's a condition?
    Of course, it's a condition.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I never said I beat him Dazzler. Is this your courtroom intellect showing?
    You didn't beat him?

Fuck! You're such a pussy!
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,592
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    No. A few kids who everyone knew were closet cases but no one cared. It’s been 25 years but I don’t recall those people being singled out or picked on or whatever.

Probably different in the social media age but in the 90s we just really didn’t give a shit about that stuff. No one was running around the halls in HS in a drag outfit yelling about how their rights were being violated because they couldn’t take their wiener into the girls lockeroom.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,592
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

So it’s a condition?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

Honestly dude, these "stories" of yours.

If true rumble fish, anybody who would assault someone in those circumstances is classically repressing something. You position yourself as a champion of liberty and self-determination, but really you're the biggest Nazi statist on the board. You are 100% Joe McCarthy and don't even see it.
  • Options

Sledog said:

If true rumble fish, anybody who would assault someone in those circumstances is classically repressing something. You position yourself as a champion of liberty and self-determination, but really you're the biggest Nazi statist on the board. You are 100% Joe McCarthy and don't even see it.
    Disagree. It happened. I wasn't there. What did you want me to do about it? I was relating a story on the question asked. Lighten up kitty cat!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,883
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    There was one homo in high school. 1500-1600 enrollment. He wasn't out of the closet officially, but we all knew. He got some shit, but nothing severe. In my first month, King 5 was doing pieces on stabbings in the locker room, so there were other things to be worried about.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    edited April 2022

SFGbob said:

Do you recall a single "trans-gender" student during any of your 12 years of primary, Junior high and high school?

Nope. Not one. I'm in the camp with Douglas Murray on this one. We are making permanent decisions with kids, and we are managing our culture on the basis of an all-in assumption that trans is like gay: just who you are. Murray (who is gay) says, and I agree, that we don't know much of anything about trans and we should, at the very least, be pumping the breaks on it. He also believes, as do I, that mental illness is likely a big driver, but being the academic that he is, he doens't firmly conclude on that point w/o a study. At least as far as the last talk he gave that I have watched.

Although I am not gay (I swear!) and have no gay children or siblings, I don't agree with the subtle conflation of trans and gay in the public discourse on this issue. And that's on both sides of the debate.

Gay has been with us since the dawn of time, and while I believe there can be some "fashionable" joining of a lifestyle on some occasions for a period of time, it seems that homosexuality is largely a born-in trait. Trans is something else altogether from what I can tell.
    Some, but very few, are legit. For many, it's a trendy fad filling gaping holes in their sad, confused, unfulfilling, socially-inept teen lives. Prior generations understood teen years were a fucking bitch to get through, but the trophies for all kids can't stand it and need an excuse, which the always-recruiting Trans movement is happier than an Amway rep to provide.

This former Trans dude (i.e., woman) gives up the Gospel truth in this outstanding interview.

https://youtu.be/5HbPzJy9gkY
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As a kid we would have lunch with my mom's college friend who lived with her female friend. They both had real short hair

The folks never acted like it was any kind of thing.

Olympia was progressive unlike Aberdeen

We may have had a gay kid at school. Don't know

Cross dressing was the trans of the 60s
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Disagree. It happened. I wasn't there. What did you want me to do about it? I was relating a story on the question asked. Lighten up kitty cat!
    Your tacit support of such actions speak loudly and clearly about your views. Own it or not tuffy.