Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for the people here over 40

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,279
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Hold on. Gay people are gay for sure. I couldn't just start liking dudes.

Trans have a mental illness.

If you can't look at your dick and realize you're a dude then idk what to tell you

Gay was a "mental illness" until it wasn't.

Trans doesn't have any single explanation that I know of, but intersex people are definitely, objectively intersex. They aren't imagining it.

It's such an extreme minority that the actual trans shit doesn't really matter. It's mostly that it's their loudness in politics that's the problem
    I agree the "trans voice" is way out of proportion to its actual numbers today. But trans is a real thing. Hell, even if it could all be explained as mental illness, that wouldn't make it any less real.
    The problem is that for your dipshit side letting them be have such an out of proportion voice doesn't help at all

But mostly it's the anti white message y'all have that will be the Dem downfall. That and I feel the Dems will be slow to court Latinos because they can't risk alienating the black vote
    The fact the Democrats frequently practice bad politics is not lost on me.

Beating homosexuals in the shower may be better politics. I'm quite sure pretending that trans people are just imagining it is excellent politics.

I get impatient with all concerned for conflating what sells with what is best.
    This is the kind of non-serious, sarcastic shit only a person who thinks they're cute and smart writes. Mama's Boy, en todo.

A real man dad would've punished or beat this smart-ass, bitch-speak out of you as a kid. Obviously your mom wore the pants in your house. And it resulted in pathetic you.
    I think I'm pretty damn smart.

But maybe you got beaten more as a child.

Lucky you!

You think you're funny, too.

Neither is correct.
    And yet, I'm amused.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

If you can't look at your dick and realize you're a dude then idk what to tell you

Trans doesn't have any single explanation that I know of, but intersex people are definitely, objectively intersex. They aren't imagining it.

It's such an extreme minority that the actual trans shit doesn't really matter. It's mostly that it's their loudness in politics that's the problem
    I agree the "trans voice" is way out of proportion to its actual numbers today. But trans is a real thing. Hell, even if it could all be explained as mental illness, that wouldn't make it any less real.
    The problem is that for your dipshit side letting them be have such an out of proportion voice doesn't help at all

But mostly it's the anti white message y'all have that will be the Dem downfall. That and I feel the Dems will be slow to court Latinos because they can't risk alienating the black vote

Beating homosexuals in the shower may be better politics. I'm quite sure pretending that trans people are just imagining it is excellent politics.

This is the kind of non-serious, sarcastic shit only a person who thinks they're cute and smart writes. Mama's Boy, en todo.

A real man dad would've punished or beat this smart-ass, bitch-speak out of you as a kid. Obviously your mom wore the pants in your house. And it resulted in pathetic you.

Lucky you!

Neither is correct.
    And yet, I'm amused.
    As would be any desperate, attention-starved loser.

Congrats.
    So I guess you've shifted the subject to me because you're winning.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I really do not GAF about what a person does with their body - after they are on their own. and can afford it.

Our government should not PAY for any one to go thru transitioning from one sex to another. Nor should any insurance company be forced to pay for it via government regulations. Our government should have all laws written in a neutered language - get rid of sexualization in the languages. Make it apply to one and all.

As far as sports go - get rid of any and all sex in it. Football. Baseball. Soccer. Bassetball - if you are good enough to make the team who cares what sex you are. Tough shit to all the losers.

Kids - keep them neutral in the learning at our schools - do not cram their heads full of gender other than in our language. Language does have gender, people have sexes - two of them.

Trans and gender is something created in modern psychology, and has attempted to be entered into the mainstream by our elite academia. Again, if when they can afford to go thru a transition, more power to them. I do not care if they want to mutilate their bodies.
    I remember when the media screamed about the radical islams mutilating young girls - that kind of died down when they changed to accepting mutilating our kids.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Lucky you!

Neither is correct.
    And yet, I'm amused.
    As would be any desperate, attention-starved loser.

Congrats.
    So I guess you've shifted the subject to me because you're winning.

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Zero
    Sledog said:

Creep exchanges are always like this. You should know that.

1. I have never started a fight in my life. I had rules from my father to never start one. The other rule was that if some else started it and you couldn't walk away was to finish the fight and win the fight. I followed the rule. I never lost. Yet. Always someone bigger or badder than you but they are usually nice guys in my experience.
    2. Fights were over many things in my day sometimes girls sometimes not. Some people are just assholes. Some think they are bullies but really aren't.
    3. Tough guys I have known were very well behaved and well liked and respected. They didn't start trouble. They weren't assholes. Older times men were gentlemen and gentlemen knew how to defend themselves. Maybe my cop dad was from that generation.
    4. No people didn't always talk shit except your buddies. The reason was as I explained, others wouldn't put up with it and would say something and if really needed do something. How often do we see that these days?
    5. No they are in all walks of life normal folks. They weren't bullies. They hopefully all raised men. We're very short of men these days. We have different outlooks, morals and values and upbringing it seems. I have not impugned yours. I like mine better and have taught my children the same way. They were not bullies and they might have one fight between them and it was minor. You appear to be a rabbit person. Not all people are rabbits. Some are sheepdogs. Some are wolves. I didn't raise rabbits.

Never heard it told this way. Always been sheep, sheepdogs and wolves.

Never heard rabbits as part of the equation . . . But I get your point.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    There are people who are objectively intersex. True.

What percentage of the American population are intersex, i.e., born that way, HH?
  • Options
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,071
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    trublue said:

Zero

Sledog said:

1. I have never started a fight in my life. I had rules from my father to never start one. The other rule was that if some else started it and you couldn't walk away was to finish the fight and win the fight. I followed the rule. I never lost. Yet. Always someone bigger or badder than you but they are usually nice guys in my experience.
    2. Fights were over many things in my day sometimes girls sometimes not. Some people are just assholes. Some think they are bullies but really aren't.
    3. Tough guys I have known were very well behaved and well liked and respected. They didn't start trouble. They weren't assholes. Older times men were gentlemen and gentlemen knew how to defend themselves. Maybe my cop dad was from that generation.
    4. No people didn't always talk shit except your buddies. The reason was as I explained, others wouldn't put up with it and would say something and if really needed do something. How often do we see that these days?
    5. No they are in all walks of life normal folks. They weren't bullies. They hopefully all raised men. We're very short of men these days. We have different outlooks, morals and values and upbringing it seems. I have not impugned yours. I like mine better and have taught my children the same way. They were not bullies and they might have one fight between them and it was minor. You appear to be a rabbit person. Not all people are rabbits. Some are sheepdogs. Some are wolves. I didn't raise rabbits.

Rabbits are scared of more things than sheep.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,871
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022
    Sledog said:

trublue said:

Zero

Sledog said:

Rabbits are scared of more things than sheep.
    Exactly.

Which in my view is an expanding class of people by use of media and catalyzed by the pandemic.

It's always been about control. The Corona Bros love being dominated.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    <
    RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Do you recall a single "trans-gender" student during any of your 12 years of primary, Junior high and high school?

Nope. Not one. I'm in the camp with Douglas Murray on this one. We are making permanent decisions with kids, and we are managing our culture on the basis of an all-in assumption that trans is like gay: just who you are. Murray (who is gay) says, and I agree, that we don't know much of anything about trans and we should, at the very least, be pumping the breaks on it. He also believes, as do I, that mental illness is likely a big driver, but being the academic that he is, he doens't firmly conclude on that point w/o a study. At least as far as the last talk he gave that I have watched.

Although I am not gay (I swear!) and have no gay children or siblings, I don't agree with the subtle conflation of trans and gay in the public discourse on this issue. And that's on both sides of the debate.

Gay has been with us since the dawn of time, and while I believe there can be some "fashionable" joining of a lifestyle on some occasions for a period of time, it seems that homosexuality is largely a born-in trait. Trans is something else altogether from what I can tell.
    This would make an excellent discussion. What have you witnessed that would indicate homosexuality is genetic? I'd say it is more environmental.

Me? Nothing at all. If someone put a study like that in front of me I wouldn't know what to do with it. My POV is entirely inferential, based largely on the following premise: being gay has almost been in most/ many cultures in most times something that would create varying levels of problems for the person who is gay. When I was growing up it was limiting, at best. It didn't make high school very pleasant, and of course we know in some barbaric cultures today it's a death sentence. It disappoints parents and it seems clear that a lot of people fight it for years before finally giving in to what seems to be their natural make-up. So, against all that, people engage in homosexual acts/relationships, and I infer from that reality that there must be some biologically driven urge to the attraction. If you're getting in on w/ some dude in Afghanistan, where you can basically make any woman be yours and where, if you're caught, you're going to get stoned to death or some shit, then I assume it's something you really want to do.

Beyond that, there's historical evidence it's been with us throughout time. In ancient Greece, gay relationships were pretty normal and, worse, those relationships between older and younger men were known and tolerated. So much so that there were culturally-imposed rules and expectations that applied to them. I won't go into what those were, but it was the case. There is ancient art that reflects this pretty clearly as well showing a younger man blocking an approaching older guy from grabbing his junk ... a culturally acceptable way of saying, "no, not into it." I guess if there was no blocking gesture that meant he was.

So, all that disturbing (to us) evidence seems to make it clear that homosexuality across the spectrum was common in ancient Greece. I think the academy with Socrates and the others was full on with it. There are lots of other examples.

Just like some dudes like certain things in women that I don't particularly find attractive, I guess those preferences can all the way to the other sex.

Just not for me.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Here's another one. Maybe the history buffs can substantiate. Our old CFO was a West Point guy, and he said they were taught in their military history class that the Athenian and Spartan armies had smaller divisions akin to a "special forces"-type groups. These groups were comprised of homosexual men who were in relationships with one another and, it was thought, would fight even more fiercely because they were fighting for one another.

IDK if that's true, but he was a pretty serious (and straight) guy, and that's what he relayed from his West Point education. Go figure.

The world was and still is a funny place.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    trublue said:

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20190503/study-about-1-in-1000-babies-born-intersex

Of course, progressives have their own definition which expands it to 1.5%.

But whatever progressives say, let's stay grounded in objective facts.

One in a thousand births are objectively, factually intersex. A very small percentage, to be sure. Yet still, that implies approximately 330,000 Americans. About the same as the population of Cincinnati.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    HHusky said:

trublue said:

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20190503/study-about-1-in-1000-babies-born-intersex

One in a thousand births are objectively, factually intersex. A very small percentage, to be sure. Yet still, that implies approximately 330,000 Americans. About the same as the population of Cincinnati.
    So that's about 6.8 people at any Seahawks game. Seems reasonable, then, to turn society upside down to accommodate the 1 in 1000, doesn't it?

Or maybe the 1/1000 folks should adapt to the other 999, not the other way around. But you'd rather modify the behavior of 999 people instead of teaching the 1 to adapt and not be an asshole.

No wonder you're a shitty lawyer.
  • Options

HHusky said:

trublue said:

So that's about 6.8 people at any Seahawks game. Seems reasonable, then, to turn society upside down to accommodate the 1 in 1000, doesn't it?

Or maybe the 1/1000 folks should adapt to the other 999, not the other way around. But you'd rather modify the behavior of 999 people instead of teaching the 1 to adapt and not be an asshole.

You obviously haven't been able to follow the conversation. I suspect that's a recurring issue for you.

Maybe all those beatings you took from your dad didn't do you as much good as you thought.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

trublue said:

You obviously haven't been able to follow the conversation. I suspect that's a recurring issue for you.

Maybe all those beatings you took from your dad didn't do you as much good as you thought.
    Dodge the point. Nice lawyering.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

<

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Do you recall a single "trans-gender" student during any of your 12 years of primary, Junior high and high school?

Nope. Not one. I'm in the camp with Douglas Murray on this one. We are making permanent decisions with kids, and we are managing our culture on the basis of an all-in assumption that trans is like gay: just who you are. Murray (who is gay) says, and I agree, that we don't know much of anything about trans and we should, at the very least, be pumping the breaks on it. He also believes, as do I, that mental illness is likely a big driver, but being the academic that he is, he doens't firmly conclude on that point w/o a study. At least as far as the last talk he gave that I have watched.

Although I am not gay (I swear!) and have no gay children or siblings, I don't agree with the subtle conflation of trans and gay in the public discourse on this issue. And that's on both sides of the debate.

Gay has been with us since the dawn of time, and while I believe there can be some "fashionable" joining of a lifestyle on some occasions for a period of time, it seems that homosexuality is largely a born-in trait. Trans is something else altogether from what I can tell.
    This would make an excellent discussion. What have you witnessed that would indicate homosexuality is genetic? I'd say it is more environmental.

Me? Nothing at all. If someone put a study like that in front of me I wouldn't know what to do with it. My POV is entirely inferential, based largely on the following premise: being gay has almost been in most/ many cultures in most times something that would create varying levels of problems for the person who is gay. When I was growing up it was limiting, at best. It didn't make high school very pleasant, and of course we know in some barbaric cultures today it's a death sentence. It disappoints parents and it seems clear that a lot of people fight it for years before finally giving in to what seems to be their natural make-up. So, against all that, people engage in homosexual acts/relationships, and I infer from that reality that there must be some biologically driven urge to the attraction. If you're getting in on w/ some dude in Afghanistan, where you can basically make any woman be yours and where, if you're caught, you're going to get stoned to death or some shit, then I assume it's something you really want to do.

Beyond that, there's historical evidence it's been with us throughout time. In ancient Greece, gay relationships were pretty normal and, worse, those relationships between older and younger men were known and tolerated. So much so that there were culturally-imposed rules and expectations that applied to them. I won't go into what those were, but it was the case. There is ancient art that reflects this pretty clearly as well showing a younger man blocking an approaching older guy from grabbing his junk ... a culturally acceptable way of saying, "no, not into it." I guess if there was no blocking gesture that meant he was.

So, all that disturbing (to us) evidence seems to make it clear that homosexuality across the spectrum was common in ancient Greece. I think the academy with Socrates and the others was full on with it. There are lots of other examples.

Just like some dudes like certain things in women that I don't particularly find attractive, I guess those preferences can all the way to the other sex.

Just not for me.
    Thanks and all of that is factually true but I still don't see how being gay is something one is born into. The attributes you find attractive in women were most likely influenced by environment not a predisposed attraction. If you were Scandinavian or Asian, you would have most likely been attracted to attributes of those ethnicities but not because it was genetic. It's just my opinion homosexuality is not genetic and is more influenced by environment.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,038
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

<

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Just not for me.
    Thanks and all of that is factually true but I still don't see how being gay is something one is born into. The attributes you find attractive in women were most likely influenced by environment not a predisposed attraction. If you were Scandinavian or Asian, you would have most likely been attracted to attributes of those ethnicities but not because it was genetic. It's just my opinion homosexuality is not genetic and is more influenced by environment.
    If it was genetic, they would have found the gene and then the gays would be screaming about parents either aborting gay babies or genetically altering kids to turn off the gay gene. Sort of like some deaf people have a problem with curing deaf people. I think its largely environmental.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,071
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Here's another one. Maybe the history buffs can substantiate. Our old CFO was a West Point guy, and he said they were taught in their military history class that the Athenian and Spartan armies had smaller divisions akin to a "special forces"-type groups. These groups were comprised of homosexual men who were in relationships with one another and, it was thought, would fight even more fiercely because they were fighting for one another.

IDK if that's true, but he was a pretty serious (and straight) guy, and that's what he relayed from his West Point education. Go figure.

The world was and still is a funny place.

I think many are just real loser, ugly people that can't seem to land a chick. Had a fair amount of experience as a world renowned gay hook up spot was in the city I worked. A lot of these guys just couldn't get laid and ended up there out of desperation. I could never get that desperate. It was possibly the most disgusting place on the face of the planet. Most have little interest in relationships just sex. If they have relationships the majority are short lived with constant rotating new partners.

A lot of domestic disturbance calls at gay couple homes. A lot of suicide attempts etc. Most are not the many mentally stable people you will meet.

Amazing what lonely drives people to do.