Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jackson Sirmon

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

trublue said:

Hope this doesn’t muck up this thread because it’s “historical bullshit”:

Total Tackles thru Week 4:
    Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW
    Ranked 6th in the PAC-12 Conference

CFetters: When you see me post, how about ignoring it or simply downvoting it? Frankly, I don’t give a flying fuck about your critique. You’re a moderator.

BBK and Psalm had great numbers too.

Unfortunately they don't keep LB stats on how many YPC they allow versus should allow, if they were any good.

Opposing RB YAC stats on BBK and Psalm were off the charts, also, as they piggybacked on RBs running by and over them for 8 YPC.
    BBK was very good, GTFO with this tired narrative.
    He spent two years overrunning the point of contact because he was fast, but not strong enough. When he could, he jumped on RBs backs a lot and got carried for several yards. He accumulated a lot of tackles, but gave up a lot of yards in critical situations.

He became more disciplined over time, gained a few pounds and strength, and became more effective at pressuring the QB and collapsing the pocket in his final year. His angles got better as did his technique as he focused more on interrupting the backfield than hooking the QB for an arm tackle sack as he flew by. He was never an LB that blew up plays or that teams ran away from. He was fast and athletic but nothing "very good" until his last year.
    As long as we agree he was very good his last year.

And I don't see any reason to believe Sirmon is on any such trajectory so the comp is just bad in general.

Not to mention Psalm neither played the position Sirmon/ BBK play nor did he ever accomplish anything close to BBK's senior year so that comp is nonsensical as well.

Overall, awful comps but I'm glad we agree BBK was very good his senior year.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

CFetters: When you see me post, how about ignoring it or simply downvoting it? Frankly, I don’t give a flying fuck about your critique. You’re a moderator.

Unfortunately they don't keep LB stats on how many YPC they allow versus should allow, if they were any good.

Opposing RB YAC stats on BBK and Psalm were off the charts, also, as they piggybacked on RBs running by and over them for 8 YPC.
    He spent two years overrunning the point of contact because he was fast, but not strong enough. When he could, he jumped on RBs backs a lot and got carried for several yards. He accumulated a lot of tackles, but gave up a lot of yards in critical situations.

He became more disciplined over time, gained a few pounds and strength, and became more effective at pressuring the QB and collapsing the pocket in his final year. His angles got better as did his technique as he focused more on interrupting the backfield than hooking the QB for an arm tackle sack as he flew by. He was never an LB that blew up plays or that teams ran away from. He was fast and athletic but nothing "very good" until his last year.
    Dude if we had BBK in 2019 we win 11+ games
    Weaknesses
    Lack of size will push him off some draft boards
    Low percentage of tackles on opponent's side of the ball
    Takes steep pursuit angles and can end up on low side
    Short arms show up with "just miss" tackle dives
    Slow to punch and plays away from blocker
    Downhill drift gets him trapped against counters
    Gives away run fit with attempts to elude blocks
    Must find a way to improve take-on leverage in the gap
    Needs more control in approach to tackle receivers in big spaces

"That defensive line did a great job of protecting him so he could run around and make a bunch of plays. He's a fun player to watch, but I don't think the production translates." -- Scouting director for NFC team
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

Damnedest Thing: When you can't get off the field, you gotta make more tackles.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

WMST. Wellington Manu Stress Disorder
  • Options
    edited September 2021

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

Weaknesses

"That defensive line did a great job of protecting him so he could run around and make a bunch of plays. He's a fun player to watch, but I don't think the production translates." -- Scouting director for NFC team
    If you can't see 2019 would have been significantly better with an LB who went in the fifth round of the NFL draft than Kyler Manu/Brandon Wellington (or this team rather than Sirmon) then @GrandpaSankey can't help you.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    dnc said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

And I don't see any reason to believe Sirmon is on any such trajectory so the comp is just bad in general.

Not to mention Psalm neither played the position Sirmon/ BBK play nor did he ever accomplish anything close to BBK's senior year so that comp is nonsensical as well.

I'm not sure Psalm ever knew what position he was playing.

The similarities were the athleticism and speed. At least I could tell what BBK was trying do. With Psalm, who knew half the time?

PS, I'm not trying to shit on BBK here. His improvement was notable and it made him a much better player over time. I'd like to know where it came from, in hopes Sirmon and others can be similarly schooled out of their present bad habits and techniques.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

Weaknesses

Dude I am known for my shitty takes, but this take is beyond stupid. Did you not see Manu and Beefwellington play??
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

I'm not sure Psalm ever knew what position he was playing.

The similarities were the athleticism and speed. At least I could tell what BBK was trying do. With Psalm, who knew half the time?

PS, I'm not trying to shit on BBK here. His improvement was notable and it made him a much better player over time. I'd like to know where it came from, in hopes Sirmon and others can be similarly schooled out of their present bad habits and techniques.
    BBK always had elite speed and athleticism he just had to get stronger and better at knowing where to be. No LB on the current roster moves as well as BBK did from day one.

I miss Azeem bringing the pain as much as anybody but BBK got a lot of crap for not immediately bringing down ballcarriers no other LB we've had in ten years would have ever touched. He was overrated by the media but massively underrated here.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sancho said:

Brutal live….worse on replay….am cutting my wrists seeing these screenshots
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited September 2021

trublue said:

Call him out then, “Mod”.

Otherwise, fuck off!

The stupid shit that emanates from his mouth daily . . . I must say his drunk poasting does add comedic value to the site . . .

You just did . . . Kunt.

My response, “Go FUCK yourself!” (along with your sidekicks), to wit: Fatters, PurpleBaze and dnc.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,588
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Having a guy like BBK in the umbrella defense was really important when you insist on playing your safeties 25 yards off the LOS. He was really fast and was able to minimize the big plays. He was almost more of a hybrid safety than a thumper LB and that works really well in this system. All the guys we have now are slow and can’t cover mistakes like BBK could. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    He’s slow….but at least he’s constantly out of position
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

I know, right? @trublue should stay on dookc bored.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

HuskyJW said:

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,323
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Man, with a draft report on BBK like that, it's no wonder the Huskies didn't win a single game in the NFC West in 2018.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    trublue said:

trublue said:

Call him out then, “Mod”.

Otherwise, fuck off!

The stupid shit that emanates from his mouth daily . . . I must say his drunk poasting does add comedic value to the site . . .

You just did . . . Kunt.

My response, “Go FUCK yourself!” (along with your sidekicks), to wit: Fatters, PurpleBaze and dnc.
    What kind of candy-ass pearl clutcher uses the word "kunt"?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

Hey sidekick, shut hole