Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jackson Sirmon

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Sancho said:

TYFYS. A GIF would be really fun too, as we can't see him hesitate here allowing the back to cruise right by, but the series of stills pretty much covers it.

Thanks. I guess he didn't hesitate. He just misunderstood his angle, swerved inevitably upfield, then was so slow he barely got a hand in him. All this happened in a very small space. He really, really sucks. That play would've gotten a 12 year old benched.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,466 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Sancho said:

TYFYS. A GIF would be really fun too, as we can't see him hesitate here allowing the back to cruise right by, but the series of stills pretty much covers it.

Thanks. I guess he didn't hesitate. He just misunderstood his angle, swerved inevitably upfield, then was so slow he barely got a hand in him. All this happened in a very small space. He really, really sucks. That play would've gotten a 12 year old benched.
    Similar to the bizarre angle the safety took in the Montana game. Kam Fab or Cook?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Sancho said:

Similar to the bizarre angle the safety took in the Montana game. Kam Fab or Cook?
    Fab
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,910 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Sancho said:

As obviously bad as this is, his positioning and technique defending runs up the middle is even worse. He doesn't even try, doesn't crouch or bend his knees, stands straight up on his heels and swings his arms around without even getting a shoulder or stiff-arm onto an opposing OL.

Linebackers are supposed to crave contact, not avoid it at all costs. His technique is terrible. Fire the LB coach.

Punters and place-kickers are tougher than Sirmon right now.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Sancho said:

The more I seen this the more I wonder why this guy is even on the team. So bad. He doesn't deserve the neck roll
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Sancho said:

The more I seen this the more I wonder why this guy is even on the team. So bad. He doesn't deserve the neck roll
    He had the freakin sideline! At least KamFab didn't have that advantage on the play against Michigan. That was a way faster back too. Way more difficult play that he still needs to make.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,061 Founders Club
    That angle is fucking atrocious.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,466 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Sancho said:

Are players taught to hit the inside shoulder on this type of play or the outside to turn them back towards help inside?
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    And yet the defensive scheme relies on the TWO LBs to stop the run with only a couple DL in front of them, chase sideline to sideline, shed free interior OL blockers on inside run plays, set the playside edge and fill the cutback hole against outside runs, and cover 20 yards off the LOS where the safeties start their backpedal against the pass.
  • SanchoSancho Member Posts: 251
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Sancho said:

The sad part is the GIF reveals how little the RB had to do in order to get loose , he barley makes a cut and Sirmon just flails past him.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited September 2021
    Ironic that Jackson Sirmon’s father, Peter Sirmon, was Cal’s DC in this game.

Peter Sirmon was a very good LB during the resurgence of Oregon football during the late 90’s . . . Unrecruited by UW out of Walla Walla, WA.

Went on to have a decent career (7 years) in the NFL, all with the Tennessee Titans.

Looks like Huskies recruited the wrong Sirmon . . .

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,631
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Sancho said:

Are players taught to hit the inside shoulder on this type of play or the outside to turn them back towards help inside?
    When I played, you were taught not to break contain so that meant going for their outside. Most or all of your teammates are flying to the ball so make them slow down / cut-back to your onrushing inside help.

Watching this clip, it's first tough to tell if it was simply a bad D / good O play call or if Sirmon got distracted by the deeper receiver and blew his flat assignment. But what I do know is Sirmon goofed in his closing first and then lacked the athleticism to make up for it.

I don't know who will step-up next to Eddie. Tafisi is similar to Sirmon (with more upside though) and it's tough so far to assess Heimuli. I'd like to see more of him and Bruener and less Sirmon.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    trublue said:

Peter Sirmon was a very good LB during the resurgence of Oregon football during the late 90’s . . . Unrecruited by UW out of Walla Walla, WA.

Went on to have a decent career (7 years) in the NFL, all with the Tennessee Titans.

We chose Marques Hairston.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Sancho said:

He had the freakin sideline! At least KamFab didn't have that advantage on the play against Michigan. That was a way faster back too. Way more difficult play that he still needs to make.
    YES! At minimum he should have been able to make the ball carrier step out of bounds. He didn't even need to push him that hard. Maybe he hit a patch of black ice or something? How do you even face your teammates after that?
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

He was dying to be a dawg and wasn’t offered due to PAC 10 imposed scholarship limits. You’re welcome for the stimulus package to your cartoon empire.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042

trublue said:

I just love it when you bring such insightful history lessons that no one here ever heard. I’m shocked to learn his dad played PB at Oregon and with the Titans.

Did anyone else know this?
    “ . . . insightful history lessons” (bullshit) like Haie brings to Duck Refuge repeatedly about shit he wasn’t even alive to experience.

Fuck off, Mod!