Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The sobering reality

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,579 Founders Club
The coaching search has been one of the few bright spots of this century of Husky football. It's kept things afloat in a lazy rhythm of - shitty hire, can't wait to fire, and another shitty hire.

Neuheisel was an inspired hire in 98 despite the end. Won our? last Rose Bowl and got the TBS crowd fired up and landed Paul Arnold and Reggie Williams

Gilby and Ty were HORRIBLE hires. Sark was unknown as a head coach so he had that going for him which was nice. He would not have been fired anytime soon

Petersen was a great hire graded on the curve of the talent pool that the AD uses. 3 out of his 6 years were better than most. TBS guys love him although getting his guys in here didn't do much other than 8-5.

He quits and the AD makes the easy hire of Jimmy and the world comes to a halt.

At this time the entire Pac 12 decides to give up football and the sharks at the SEC and the ACC and Ohio State see the blood in the waters. The top two California quarterbacks were already at Clemson and Bama.

So we lose Emeka and JTT to Ohio State not Oregon or Stanford or USC. Other than enjoying the company here in Misery this is not good for the West Coast.

I love to fire the coach as much as the next guy but the same people still hire the next one and the folks doing the hiring don't get fired.

Jimmy could have done some things differently and had a better shot. Ryan Day clearly has something going on. As do schools serious about football.

At this point I think Husky Football is as fucked as it has ever been because I don't see a way out. 7-5 with the occasional 10-2 is our lot in life. Build the statue of Jimmy

30 years from now we can reminisce about the first round play off losses.

It's not one recruit and it's not one year. It's the last 30 years.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

The coaching search has been one of the few bright spots of this century of Husky football. It's kept things afloat in a lazy rhythm of - shitty hire, can't wait to fire, and another shitty hire.

Neuheisel was an inspired hire in 98 despite the end. Won our? last Rose Bowl and got the TBS crowd fired up and landed Paul Arnold and Reggie Williams

Gilby and Ty were HORRIBLE hires. Sark was unknown as a head coach so he had that going for him which was nice. He would not have been fired anytime soon

Petersen was a great hire graded on the curve of the talent pool that the AD uses. 3 out of his 6 years were better than most. TBS guys love him although getting his guys in here didn't do much other than 8-5.

He quits and the AD makes the easy hire of Jimmy and the world comes to a halt.

At this time the entire Pac 12 decides to give up football and the sharks at the SEC and the ACC and Ohio State see the blood in the waters. The top two California quarterbacks were already at Clemson and Bama.

So we lose Emeka and JTT to Ohio State not Oregon or Stanford or USC. Other than enjoying the company here in Misery this is not good for the West Coast.

I love to fire the coach as much as the next guy but the same people still hire the next one and the folks doing the hiring don't get fired.

Jimmy could have done some things differently and had a better shot. Ryan Day clearly has something going on. As do schools serious about football.

At this point I think Husky Football is as fucked as it has ever been because I don't see a way out. 7-5 with the occasional 10-2 is our lot in life. Build the statue of Jimmy

30 years from now we can reminisce about the first round play off losses.

It's not one recruit and it's not one year. It's the last 30 years.

This

Petersen had the best run in the last 25-30 years for UW and still wasn’t enough.

Watched ND vs Clemson again this weekend with LDD. UW and the Pac 12 is not even remotely close
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Since we aren’t going to try and win, I’ll be blunt. I like Jimmy Lake as a #WhoCares coach. He’s bright, friendly, fits the Suit and won’t do anything to embarrass the team or the school. Wouldn’t mind seeing him at UW for the next 30 years.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club
    edited July 2021

The history books are littered with the carcasses of the losers who couldn't keep up with the turning of the page. Be it the Neanderthals who went extinct in favor of the dominant homo sapiens, the Mayans and countless other indigenous cultures who fell to our forefathers and their imperialist victories, or west coast football and the now eternal dad-dicking at the hands of the Midwest and southeast. It's all the same. We're the losers. Don't fight it, just welcome the sweet embrace of inevitability. Go Dawgs. Go Mariners. Go fuck yourselves.

Solid post my dude.

Ain't no sense worrying about shit in life which is beyond one's control. The vid was the final nail in the coffin for West Coast FB.

If Jimmy wins the league 33.33% of the time, he can stay. Beyond that I don't really care. College Football will never be what I want it to be anyhow.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Oregon had arguably the greatest chance for a PAC 12 "Natty" since USC's last championship. They had an innovative system along with the best all around talent in their school's history, and that wasn't even enough. Pac 12 football is over, and has been. We've just allowed it to be hooked up to a cord in a vegetative state for the last 7 years. It's time to pull the cord, and move on with our lives.

I honestly don’t disagree
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Swaye said:

@PurpleBaze and I were having this same discussion before Covid hit. Basically Pete was our high point, and he wasn't even in the same zip code as Bama during his run. We haven't been relevant, other than a small blip of 3 years with Pete, in 20 years, and the trendline is down. Hell in our relevant period we never won one big bowl. Not one.

It's over. 7-5 in trips, then a 10-2 run with legit bowl loss to keep the Doogs hopeful, throw in a sustainability award and BAM, coach for life Lake on the lifetime pass. Or fire him, and roll the dice that Tits can deliver. lulz. Not a chance. But keep buying those Ultraboosts. LRR.

Short story so I’m assuming short ride?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,737 Founders Club
    doogie said:

Swaye said:

@PurpleBaze and I were having this same discussion before Covid hit. Basically Pete was our high point, and he wasn't even in the same zip code as Bama during his run. We haven't been relevant, other than a small blip of 3 years with Pete, in 20 years, and the trendline is down. Hell in our relevant period we never won one big bowl. Not one.

It's over. 7-5 in trips, then a 10-2 run with legit bowl loss to keep the Doogs hopeful, throw in a sustainability award and BAM, coach for life Lake on the lifetime pass. Or fire him, and roll the dice that Tits can deliver. lulz. Not a chance. But keep buying those Ultraboosts. LRR.

Short story so I’m assuming short ride?
    Short ride; long night...
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363
    @Sancho You have figured it out, now LEAVE!

JK, Poast more
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2021
    A sobering reality is why I turned it into a drunken, drug induced reality that isn't

and I be old and still kicking
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    well the good thing is that the playoffs will be expanded and every conference will send their champ and some conferences will get the at large invites and bowl games will continue with the same 4-6 teams making the final round. most schools will not pony up the money and commitment so they will be happy with the outside shot at the equivalent of a NY6 game once in a while along with some modicum of regional rivalry breeding rites.

We will be the modern day Wisconsin of the west with nice facilities, moderate crowds and everyone will have a such a nice time celebrating our occasional rise up the ranks to reach the pinnacle of getting knocked out during or after the first round. Cheers.

Would really help if the pac12 got rid of the boring schedule divisional north south but California schools always play each other stupid shit scheduling ~ if that is going to continue then we might as well be in the big sky conference.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club

well the good thing is that the playoffs will be expanded and every conference will send their champ and some conferences will get the at large invites and bowl games will continue with the same 4-6 teams making the final round. most schools will not pony up the money and commitment so they will be happy with the outside shot at the equivalent of a NY6 game once in a while along with some modicum of regional rivalry breeding rites.

We will be the modern day Wisconsin of the west with nice facilities, moderate crowds and everyone will have a such a nice time celebrating our occasional rise up the ranks to reach the pinnacle of getting knocked out during or after the first round. Cheers.

Would really help if the pac12 got rid of the boring schedule divisional north south but California schools always play each other stupid shit scheduling ~ if that is going to continue then we might as well be in the big sky conference.

We can be the Michigan of the West too if we want albeit with a bit smaller stadium. It's not like they are sniffing a shot at a Natty anytime soon.