Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The sobering reality

1235»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club

Imagine, if you can, the winning % if we° were a serious program that played a season last year. Might have jumped a spot.

No. That DL, Sirmon, and the safeties weren’t good enough. We were lucky to beat Utah.

With a freshman QB and a somewhat shitty defense, we were a year away. This year with improvement, my doog heart thinks we will be good.
    Roadie with the ballad....

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club

The history books are littered with the carcasses of the losers who couldn't keep up with the turning of the page. Be it the Neanderthals who went extinct in favor of the dominant homo sapiens, the Mayans and countless other indigenous cultures who fell to our forefathers and their imperialist victories, or west coast football and the now eternal dad-dicking at the hands of the Midwest and southeast. It's all the same. We're the losers. Don't fight it, just welcome the sweet embrace of inevitability. Go Dawgs. Go Mariners. Go fuck yourselves.

I think @DerekJohnson ’s next book should on social Darwinism in college football. Devote a chapter to each pivotal moment where the strong got stronger and the weak got weaker.
    By the time the book came out, would anybody still care?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,182

HuskyJW said:

The coaching search has been one of the few bright spots of this century of Husky football. It's kept things afloat in a lazy rhythm of - shitty hire, can't wait to fire, and another shitty hire.

Neuheisel was an inspired hire in 98 despite the end. Won our? last Rose Bowl and got the TBS crowd fired up and landed Paul Arnold and Reggie Williams

Gilby and Ty were HORRIBLE hires. Sark was unknown as a head coach so he had that going for him which was nice. He would not have been fired anytime soon

Petersen was a great hire graded on the curve of the talent pool that the AD uses. 3 out of his 6 years were better than most. TBS guys love him although getting his guys in here didn't do much other than 8-5.

He quits and the AD makes the easy hire of Jimmy and the world comes to a halt.

At this time the entire Pac 12 decides to give up football and the sharks at the SEC and the ACC and Ohio State see the blood in the waters. The top two California quarterbacks were already at Clemson and Bama.

So we lose Emeka and JTT to Ohio State not Oregon or Stanford or USC. Other than enjoying the company here in Misery this is not good for the West Coast.

I love to fire the coach as much as the next guy but the same people still hire the next one and the folks doing the hiring don't get fired.

Jimmy could have done some things differently and had a better shot. Ryan Day clearly has something going on. As do schools serious about football.

At this point I think Husky Football is as fucked as it has ever been because I don't see a way out. 7-5 with the occasional 10-2 is our lot in life. Build the statue of Jimmy

30 years from now we can reminisce about the first round play off losses.

It's not one recruit and it's not one year. It's the last 30 years.

Petersen had the best run in the last 25-30 years for UW and still wasn’t enough.

What if Petersen was actually the best coach in all of CFB, and therefore has shown us the best any head coach could ever achieve at Washington? That would suck.
    I actually think this is the true outcome.