Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So I’m at a bar

13»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,579
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Are negronis racist?

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021

Are negronis racist?

Yes. That’s why I like them.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

@MikeDamone is a gin-hating pussy!

Not true. Negroni > Gin Martini
    Negronis are great. I make them all the time. This cocktail, however, still doesn't surpass the sublimity of the gin martini.
    Negroni is possibly the worst mixed drink I've ever ordered. A Hypnotic and Hennessy is better and those are really gross.
    We called hypnotic and Hennessy’s Incredible Hulks.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Negronis are great. I make them all the time. This cocktail, however, still doesn't surpass the sublimity of the gin martini.
    Negroni is possibly the worst mixed drink I've ever ordered. A Hypnotic and Hennessy is better and those are really gross.
    Yeah, but not sure the basic whiteys on this board would know that.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

At least the straight ones.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

Say that to Tupac's face!

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I like to think I know every cocktail. An ex got me a bar kit and a mixology book. I kept the book in the bathroom during my opiate years, so I got plenty of time to read it. I also studied up on the subject when I was training to be on Jeopardy. With my luck there wasn’t a potent potables category when I was on.

I’ll say this about cocktails; most of them are a waste of calories. Maybe I have an unsophisticated palette, but when I drank it was to get drunk. Diluting alcohol just gives your liver a chance to slow down intoxication.

If I had to pick one I’d go for a rusty nail or an old fashioned. Even those are too much, I’d rather have a glass of scotch or bourbon. Or, better yet, a stakan of vodka. With a green onion to nibble on if such a luxury is available. That stakan didn’t need a fancy liqueur to add flavor or citrus for garnish to defeat Hitler, kill dogs by sending them to space, or grow many hectares of beets.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I like to think I know every cocktail. An ex got me a bar kit and a mixology book. I kept the book in the bathroom during my opiate years, so I got plenty of time to read it. I also studied up on the subject when I was training to be on Jeopardy. With my luck there wasn’t a potent potables category when I was on.

I’ll say this about cocktails; most of them are a waste of calories. Maybe I have an unsophisticated palette, but when I drank it was to get drunk. Diluting alcohol just gives your liver a chance to slow down intoxication.

If I had to pick one I’d go for a rusty nail or an old fashioned. Even those are too much, I’d rather have a glass of scotch or bourbon. Or, better yet, a stakan of vodka. With a green onion to nibble on if such a luxury is available. That stakan didn’t need a fancy liqueur to add flavor or citrus for garnish to defeat Hitler, kill dogs by sending them to space, or grow many hectares of beets.

After reading that I’m guessing you’re still in your opiate years.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,782

The Throbber has a secret stash of vodka and beets to welcome the Vlad when he exercises dominion over the Northwest.

amirite or amirite, @oregonblitzkrieg ?

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Throbber has a secret stash of vodka and beets to welcome the Vlad when he exercises dominion over the Northwest.

And La Croix
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,782

And La Croix
    For the hot days.

But shots shots shots with the Vlad would be epic.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    Swaye's Wigwam

And La Croix
    For the hot days.

But shots shots shots with the Vlad would be epic.

I used to have ruskie co worker who looked a lot like young vlad. We used to do a lot of warm vodka shots. Chase it down with a pickle.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kaepsknee said:

Say that to Tupac's face!

I drink up all the Hennessy ya got on ya shelf
    So just let me introduce myself