Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ginsberg Sells the Couch

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Goduckies said:

Collins and Murkowski are our, probably Mittens too, so will happen after the election probably

I wouldn't count them out. Besides democrats trying to hold Mitch to a purity standard that he may or may not have set himself, there's no legitimate reason to not have a nominee. A justice died, time to pick a new one. Whether there's 40 months left in a term, or 2, it shouldn't matter.
    Mitch’s maneuver 4 years ago was one of canniest, duplicitous political moves of my lifetim. I called it a gamble then, but I was wrong. He wasn’t going to lose anything, only win or draw.
    Fast forward 4 years and there’s a double standard level of hypocrisy
    Obama was a lame duck. Trump is in active re-election mode with Supreme Court one of his core issues. Selecting a SC justice now will help him or hurt him at the ballot box
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The idiots not understanding the politics of this vacancy with a president up for re-election versus an outgoing president should not vote. Do you morons understand elections?

I understand politics greatly

There are political reasons to push through a candidate

There are political reasons why the optics are really bad
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

The idiots not understanding the politics of this vacancy with a president up for re-election versus an outgoing president should not vote. Do you morons understand elections?

Really?

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2020
    doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Goduckies said:

Collins and Murkowski are our, probably Mittens too, so will happen after the election probably

I wouldn't count them out. Besides democrats trying to hold Mitch to a purity standard that he may or may not have set himself, there's no legitimate reason to not have a nominee. A justice died, time to pick a new one. Whether there's 40 months left in a term, or 2, it shouldn't matter.
    Mitch’s maneuver 4 years ago was one of canniest, duplicitous political moves of my lifetim. I called it a gamble then, but I was wrong. He wasn’t going to lose anything, only win or draw.
    Fast forward 4 years and there’s a double standard level of hypocrisy
    Obama was a lame duck. Trump is in active re-election mode with Supreme Court one of his core issues. Selecting a SC justice now will help him or hurt him at the ballot box
    Christ. If you want to be "fair", either a president gets to appoint a SCOTUS nominee during his administration or he doesn't. Enjoy the win and let the other team bitch about the refs. The more you argue the more obviously full of shit you are.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Really?

I laughed

Reality is that you can spin this either way

The PR war is going to be massive leading into the election

If someone gets nominated I’d recommend a slam dunk caliber candidate that would be relatively agreeable to all ... like that exists

I can see both sides of the coin but I’m not sure I see this as a great strategy move by Republicans
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,558
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    This is the political theatre I pay for 😍😍😍😍😍😍
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Is Mitch McConnel a hypocrite? Um, fuck yes. They are almost all trash ass people. Never trust any of them. That said, winners win. I think the GOP shoving through a conservative probably hurts Trump's reelection chances, as it will energize the Dems base in a BIGLY way, but, a 6-3 majority (let's face it it's really 5-4 because Roberts is a turd) might be worth 4 years of Corn Pop shitting himself in the White House. 5.5-3.5 SCOTUS for a generation is probably a bigger deal then anything that happens the next 4 years.

Also, the crying from the left (and partially justified tbh) will be EPIC! This is must see TV. I mean fuck me, this election just got Thunderdome level exciting.

Do it Mitch. Do it.

p.s. If Susan Collins fucks us here, she will rot in fiery RINO hell with McCain and that Mormon loser...

edit: @CFetters_Nacho_Lover just sent me a twat where Murkowski has already bitched out, and Collins and Grassly are wavering. So, it appears nothing has changed with the GOP. Same cuck losers they have always been.

I dont really find pushing through a nomination particularly hypocritical.

Anyone who thinks that unwritten rules ever mattered in the Senate is retarded. The "its an election year" was always an unneeded pussy excuse instead of just saying "elections have consequence" and doing exactly what the power provided.

Push the vote, the reward is so much more than any of the possible negatives.

Collins, Murkowski, Romeny, Grassly... only need one plus a pence tie break.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,806
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020
    Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

Is Mitch McConnel a hypocrite? Um, fuck yes. They are almost all trash ass people. Never trust any of them. That said, winners win. I think the GOP shoving through a conservative probably hurts Trump's reelection chances, as it will energize the Dems base in a BIGLY way, but, a 6-3 majority (let's face it it's really 5-4 because Roberts is a turd) might be worth 4 years of Corn Pop shitting himself in the White House. 5.5-3.5 SCOTUS for a generation is probably a bigger deal then anything that happens the next 4 years.

Also, the crying from the left (and partially justified tbh) will be EPIC! This is must see TV. I mean fuck me, this election just got Thunderdome level exciting.

Do it Mitch. Do it.

p.s. If Susan Collins fucks us here, she will rot in fiery RINO hell with McCain and that Mormon loser...

edit: @CFetters_Nacho_Lover just sent me a twat where Murkowski has already bitched out, and Collins and Grassly are wavering. So, it appears nothing has changed with the GOP. Same cuck losers they have always been.

Anyone who thinks that unwritten rules ever mattered in the Senate is retarded. The "its an election year" was always an unneeded pussy excuse instead of just saying "elections have consequence" and doing exactly what the power provided.

Those four better figure the fuck out the tidal wave of disgust toward the leftists or find a new line of work.

The SLC Olympics were a long, long time ago and Mitt has consistently overplayed his hand. It takes one nod from the LDS Church and he's gone. No warning, just gone.

Murkowski will get punted. Alaskans don't fuck around with foolishness.

Collins probably safe regardless simply because Maine is fucking Maine - who the fuck knows what that state is about. Can we sell it to Canada and take Alberta in exchange?

Grassley will vote party line. Because - Iowa.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

Do it Mitch. Do it.

Oh I agree. Lean on the 4 wimps until one of them, just one, goes your way. Who gives a fuck what happens after that in the election. Balance of power conservative SCOTUS for the next 20 years, minimum. Worth almost any price to be paid imo. I do think if Biden wins and the Dems take the Senate they will just expand the SCOTUS and pack it. So that's an issue.

edit: But who are we kidding. The Dems are whining lying hysterical cunts, and the GOP are beta cuck losers. They all suck. The Dems would ram a nomination through in a month burning standard protocol and procedure to the ground. The GOP will fiddle fuck around and cite principles all the way to losing the chance to tilt the court. Losers lose. The GOP is full of losers.
    Change a few words in your edit to Jimmy Lake, Bonerpopper, Bob Gregory, Jen Cohen, The Pac 12 or just UW and this is almost every post you will find on the HCHB or the recruiting bored. We here in the wastelands are nothing if not consistent in our following of weak, loser pussies. Cheers @Swaye
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,873
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020

Goduckies said:

Really? The dems trying to steal an election in Florida in 2000? Stealing an election in 1960 in Illinois? Using the CIA, FBI, DOJ and the US House of Representatives to unseat a President? Are you 6 months old?
    2000 was litigated, the process worked.

No idea what this Illinois thing is.

Wash your hands old timmer.
    Like I said - Are you six months old? The issue was dems trying to and actually stealing an election. So, the dems successfully stole the 1960 election for JFK with fraudulent Chicago dem machine votes. The tried and failed in 2000. Actual facts and history don't seem to be an important part of your life. Like facts actually matter to leftards. Keep rooting for the away team.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Goduckies said:

Really? The dems trying to steal an election in Florida in 2000? Stealing an election in 1960 in Illinois? Using the CIA, FBI, DOJ and the US House of Representatives to unseat a President? Are you 6 months old?
    2000 was litigated, the process worked.

No idea what this Illinois thing is.

Wash your hands old timmer.
    Like I said - Are you six months old? The issue was dems trying to and actually stealing an election. So, the dems successfully stole the 1960 election for JFK with fraudulent Chicago dem machine votes. The tried and failed in 2000. Actual facts and history don't seem to be an important part of your life. Like facts actually matter to leftards. Keep rooting for the away team.
    You seem upset. I hear long walks help. Do you have a beach nearby?