Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark on social media(Month old)

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    brchco12 said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sark's not a god awful coach. He could probably last at Kal, Or St., WSU, or AZ for a while. Doogs deluded themselves into thinking he can do great things given *more time*

Disagree. Sark might do okay at AZ, but I think he would be fucking horrible at the other 3 drecky schools
    At those three schools it would be harder for him to recruit at so to overcome that you need a coach who can develop talent well, find diamonds in the rough well and simply out coach his opposition. Sark can't do any of those.
    Yup.

I might be in the minority on this board, but I think Leach is a good coach; definitely in the top half of the conference, or at least at #6. His air raid attack and consistent coaching philosophy will net him 6-8 wins every year, which will make coogs ecstatic. In my mind, it takes an impressive coach to do that in Pullman. He definitely does fuck up on occasion, ala their bowl game against CSU. But still, he's better than 95% of the coaches they could get to sign a contract on the Palouse.

Riley is washed up. If he gets more than 7 wins in the Pac-12 again I will be surprised. The conference has gotten too competitive. Then again, people have probably been saying that about OSU since '01, and they've remained a competitive game on the schedule, for the most part (sans last years abortion)....

Cal fucking blows
    He's okay. I wouldn't describe him as good. If you put him in the top 6 that means you're taking him over one of Graham, Rich Rod or Riley, which I just can't see.
    An 'okay' coach doesn't take WSU down to the Coliseum and get a victory. It doesn't matter if Lane Kiffen was the coach, that shit has happened like 4 times, ever. Leach will keep WSU competitive in the conference as long as he is there. Not many coaches can do that.

If I was WSU, I'd take Leach over Graham, Rich Rod, and especially Riley. Graham and Rich Rod may or may not be better coaches than Leach. I'm not sold on Graham at all. He strikes me as only a marginally better coach than Sark; they both have that same annoying dude brah personality. They both shit the bed in the most important games. I will say that Graham at least knows how to discipline his players so that they don't commit fucktarded penalties.

Rich Rod is probably a better coach than Leach, but there is no fucking way RR was going to go to Pullman. If he did, he'd be out of there the first chance he got. And so far, the scoreboard is at Leach 1, RR 0....with WSU winning in Arizona.

Riley is who he is....7 win Riley. His philosophy seems to be losing its luster now that the conference has gotten an influx of better coaches. I'd take Leach over him any day of the week.

TL, DR Leach is a good coach and it wouldn't shock me if he made a Conf. Title game/Rose Bowl before 2020.
    Completely disagree

Okay.

Leach is mediocre as hell. It's easier to win at Texas Tech than it is at WSU, and he never won his conference there, he's not winning this Pac12.
    Disagree.

When Leach was at Tech he had Oklahoma, Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma St., and Baylor in the South division with him. That is not easier than the current Pac12 division of UW, OSU, Stanford, Oregon, and Cal.

Texas Tech is near the bottom of the barrel for basically anyone in the south/Texas football or not.

If you are any good at football in Texas you would almost always rather go to UT, TAMU, Oklahoma, LSU, Ok. St, Baylor or TCU...

Texas tech recruits against schools like University of Houston, SMU, and Rice, they are always going to get the bottom talent, much like WSU.

Both schools are also in the middle of fucking nothing and both schools are shit academically. There is a reason why high school kids in Texas say "can't get your grades up, get your guns up" in reference to Tech.

Texas tech and WSU are incredibly similar and Leach is about as great a fit for them as possible. He is a decent coach and did more with less for 10 years at Tech.

That being said, he would be a horrible hire for UW and I would hate to see his Air Raid offense here. Its perfect for WSU.

PM houhusky if you have questions about how the former big12 south translates to the pac12 north, he's got that shit dialed in.

Leach will be a perennial 8-4 with a soft ass OOC and a couple upsets, he'll be a thorn in everyone's side but never put it all together.
    Soft ooc? you didn't realize the Cuogs open with Rutgers next year, did you.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    brchco12 said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sark's not a god awful coach. He could probably last at Kal, Or St., WSU, or AZ for a while. Doogs deluded themselves into thinking he can do great things given *more time*

Disagree. Sark might do okay at AZ, but I think he would be fucking horrible at the other 3 drecky schools
    At those three schools it would be harder for him to recruit at so to overcome that you need a coach who can develop talent well, find diamonds in the rough well and simply out coach his opposition. Sark can't do any of those.
    Yup.

I might be in the minority on this board, but I think Leach is a good coach; definitely in the top half of the conference, or at least at #6. His air raid attack and consistent coaching philosophy will net him 6-8 wins every year, which will make coogs ecstatic. In my mind, it takes an impressive coach to do that in Pullman. He definitely does fuck up on occasion, ala their bowl game against CSU. But still, he's better than 95% of the coaches they could get to sign a contract on the Palouse.

Riley is washed up. If he gets more than 7 wins in the Pac-12 again I will be surprised. The conference has gotten too competitive. Then again, people have probably been saying that about OSU since '01, and they've remained a competitive game on the schedule, for the most part (sans last years abortion)....

Cal fucking blows
    He's okay. I wouldn't describe him as good. If you put him in the top 6 that means you're taking him over one of Graham, Rich Rod or Riley, which I just can't see.
    An 'okay' coach doesn't take WSU down to the Coliseum and get a victory. It doesn't matter if Lane Kiffen was the coach, that shit has happened like 4 times, ever. Leach will keep WSU competitive in the conference as long as he is there. Not many coaches can do that.

If I was WSU, I'd take Leach over Graham, Rich Rod, and especially Riley. Graham and Rich Rod may or may not be better coaches than Leach. I'm not sold on Graham at all. He strikes me as only a marginally better coach than Sark; they both have that same annoying dude brah personality. They both shit the bed in the most important games. I will say that Graham at least knows how to discipline his players so that they don't commit fucktarded penalties.

Rich Rod is probably a better coach than Leach, but there is no fucking way RR was going to go to Pullman. If he did, he'd be out of there the first chance he got. And so far, the scoreboard is at Leach 1, RR 0....with WSU winning in Arizona.

Riley is who he is....7 win Riley. His philosophy seems to be losing its luster now that the conference has gotten an influx of better coaches. I'd take Leach over him any day of the week.

TL, DR Leach is a good coach and it wouldn't shock me if he made a Conf. Title game/Rose Bowl before 2020.
    Completely disagree

Okay.

Leach is mediocre as hell. It's easier to win at Texas Tech than it is at WSU, and he never won his conference there, he's not winning this Pac12.
    Disagree.

When Leach was at Tech he had Oklahoma, Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma St., and Baylor in the South division with him. That is not easier than the current Pac12 division of UW, OSU, Stanford, Oregon, and Cal.

Texas Tech is near the bottom of the barrel for basically anyone in the south/Texas football or not.

If you are any good at football in Texas you would almost always rather go to UT, TAMU, Oklahoma, LSU, Ok. St, Baylor or TCU...

Texas tech recruits against schools like University of Houston, SMU, and Rice, they are always going to get the bottom talent, much like WSU.

Both schools are also in the middle of fucking nothing and both schools are shit academically. There is a reason why high school kids in Texas say "can't get your grades up, get your guns up" in reference to Tech.

Texas tech and WSU are incredibly similar and Leach is about as great a fit for them as possible. He is a decent coach and did more with less for 10 years at Tech.

That being said, he would be a horrible hire for UW and I would hate to see his Air Raid offense here. Its perfect for WSU.

PM houhusky if you have questions about how the former big12 south translates to the pac12 north, he's got that shit dialed in.

Leach will be a perennial 8-4 with a soft ass OOC and a couple upsets, he'll be a thorn in everyone's side but never put it all together.
    I like to bitch about someone forming an opinion about the past, while making predictions of the future that WSU has hired the best coach they have had in almost a century based on my own prediction as evidence that Leach is not the right coach for WSU. That is what I like to do.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,309
    Houhusky said:

brchco12 said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

Completely disagree

Okay.

Disagree.

I like to bitch about someone forming an opinion about the past, while making predictions of the future that WSU has hired the best coach they have had in almost a century based on my own prediction as evidence that Leach is not the right coach for WSU. That is what I like to do.
    Inadvertent whooshing

Truce dude, I was having a rare moment of non-sarcasm and was agreeing with you that CML was the perfect hire for WSU. After watching him piss off all my aggie friends to death, i think he will be annoying as fuck for the pac12.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Remember Orange you have to win title game to be conference champion.

With this new format I don't know if WSU wins conference in 1997 or 2002. Remember they played ucla early in 1997. Ucla started 0-2 then won 20 games in a row.

In 2003 played USC early and USC lost one conference game the following 3 and a half years.

I think in a title game they lose the rematches.

I would take any bet that Leach never wins a conference title at wsu. End of the day he's 9-16 at wsu, Ty/Gilby were 7-16 after two years to illustrate how shitty he's doing.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

You like to call him rich rod..you like to do that.

Didn't sark win at USC as well. Yeah. SC has been shitty under Lame Kitten (lol).
    Last time I checked, Sark wasn't coaching WSU.

WSU would win the NCAA tournament before Sark would sniff a bowl game in Pullman

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014

Remember Orange you have to win title game to be conference champion.

With this new format I don't know if WSU wins conference in 1997 or 2002. Remember they played ucla early in 1997. Ucla started 0-2 then won 20 games in a row.

In 2003 played USC early and USC lost one conference game the following 3 and a half years.

I think in a title game they lose the rematches.

I would take any bet that Leach never wins a conference title at wsu. End of the day he's 9-16 at wsu, Ty/Gilby were 7-16 after two years to illustrate how shitty he's doing.

Uhhh...

Leach took over after fucking WULLF! dude. They had no good recruits when he got there, and recruiting to WSU is exponentially more difficult that recruiting to UW. Getting to a bowl game in his second season after inheriting that dumpster fire is impressive. He won't be a sub .500 coach there for long.

If WSU is good enough to get to the conference title game, they will have a chance to win that game, home or away. Would I put money down on WSU reaching the title game? No, but I wouldn't bet against them either.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    WSU is a good little team/school. The problem is that they sit and compare themselves to us instead of just liking their school and team for what it is.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,309

brchco12 said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

Completely disagree

Okay.

Disagree.

Soft ooc? you didn't realize the Cuogs open with Rutgers next year, did you.
    Give CML time to get his cupcakes in #dudebrahstyle

Orange, you've got to be kidding. Leach will never beat Oregon, UW, and Stanford to reach a title game before 2020.

we will see
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Leach isn't a good enough coach to out coach a Petersen, Shaw or Mora. He's not a good recruiter either.

Losing a 4 star in your backyard to a MWC school with a first year head coach is embarrassing.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I would think that Leach will have a lot more difficulty recruiting to WSU than TT. But Mike Price was a 500 coach and had 5 9+ win seasons in 12 years (if you credit him for 2003). However Price coached in an era when the Pac-10 sucked. He started to do better when UW was on probation, USC sucked and Oregon wasn't Oregon yet.

Problem for Leach is the conference is much harder. I do think he's a great coach for WSU though but I have a difficult time seeing him win more than 6-7 games. If he's there 10 years he could have a few 8-9 win seasons. He'll probably end up averaging 5 wins a year.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    haie said:

WSU is a good little team/school. The problem is that they sit and compare themselves to us instead of just liking their school and team for what it is.

Uhhh no they arent and no it isnt. Pullman is a fucking shithole and should be nuked and their football program has been an embarassment for a century.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

haie said:

Uhhh no they arent and no it isnt. Pullman is a fucking shithole and should be nuked and their football program has been an embarassment for a century.
    Pullman is fucking awesome to visit for a weekend, but your post is pretty much spot on.

edited April 2014

haie said:

Pullman is fucking awesome to visit for a weekend, but your post is pretty much spot on.

There are a ton of places to visist for a weekend where you can get blacked out and bang sluts non stop. Almost every college in existance for starters.
    But it's way, wayyyy easier to bang drunk sluts at WSU than it is at the other in-state universities. Chicks that want to major in sex go to WSU. Was at a frat party there 4 years ago and could not believe how slutty the typical female there was. The frat bros there do well, if they can remember to wear condoms.

Girls at WSU are also much hotter than your typical UW female. Fuck, the directional schools kill UW when it comes to dtf sloots.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    I am going to have to agree that Pullman is indeed awesome for a weekend
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303

haie said:

There are a ton of places to visist for a weekend where you can get blacked out and bang sluts non stop
    You got that right - come out to Hood Canal sometime brah. Hotties everywhere you look in greater Belfair/Shelton area
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

haie said:

There are a ton of places to visist for a weekend where you can get blacked out and bang sluts non stop
    You got that right - come out to Hood Canal sometime brah. Hotties everywhere you look in greater Belfair/Shelton area
    If I am going to get AIDS I like the girl thing I got it from to have most its teeth