Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark on social media(Month old)

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Sark's not a god awful coach. He could probably last at Kal, Or St., WSU, or AZ for a while. Doogs deluded themselves into thinking he can do great things given *more time*

Disagree. Sark might do okay at AZ, but I think he would be fucking horrible at the other 3 drecky schools
    At those three schools it would be harder for him to recruit at so to overcome that you need a coach who can develop talent well, find diamonds in the rough well and simply out coach his opposition. Sark can't do any of those.
    Yup.

I might be in the minority on this board, but I think Leach is a good coach; definitely in the top half of the conference, or at least at #6. His air raid attack and consistent coaching philosophy will net him 6-8 wins every year, which will make coogs ecstatic. In my mind, it takes an impressive coach to do that in Pullman. He definitely does fuck up on occasion, ala their bowl game against CSU. But still, he's better than 95% of the coaches they could get to sign a contract on the Palouse.

Riley is washed up. If he gets more than 7 wins in the Pac-12 again I will be surprised. The conference has gotten too competitive. Then again, people have probably been saying that about OSU since '01, and they've remained a competitive game on the schedule, for the most part (sans last years abortion)....

Cal fucking blows
    He's okay. I wouldn't describe him as good. If you put him in the top 6 that means you're taking him over one of Graham, Rich Rod or Riley, which I just can't see.
    An 'okay' coach doesn't take WSU down to the Coliseum and get a victory. It doesn't matter if Lane Kiffen was the coach, that shit has happened like 4 times, ever. Leach will keep WSU competitive in the conference as long as he is there. Not many coaches can do that.

If I was WSU, I'd take Leach over Graham, Rich Rod, and especially Riley. Graham and Rich Rod may or may not be better coaches than Leach. I'm not sold on Graham at all. He strikes me as only a marginally better coach than Sark; they both have that same annoying dude brah personality. They both shit the bed in the most important games. I will say that Graham at least knows how to discipline his players so that they don't commit fucktarded penalties.

Rich Rod is probably a better coach than Leach, but there is no fucking way RR was going to go to Pullman. If he did, he'd be out of there the first chance he got. And so far, the scoreboard is at Leach 1, RR 0....with WSU winning in Arizona.

Riley is who he is....7 win Riley. His philosophy seems to be losing its luster now that the conference has gotten an influx of better coaches. I'd take Leach over him any day of the week.

TL, DR Leach is a good coach and it wouldn't shock me if he made a Conf. Title game/Rose Bowl before 2020.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Sark's not a god awful coach. He could probably last at Kal, Or St., WSU, or AZ for a while. Doogs deluded themselves into thinking he can do great things given *more time*

Disagree. Sark might do okay at AZ, but I think he would be fucking horrible at the other 3 drecky schools
    At those three schools it would be harder for him to recruit at so to overcome that you need a coach who can develop talent well, find diamonds in the rough well and simply out coach his opposition. Sark can't do any of those.
    Yup.

I might be in the minority on this board, but I think Leach is a good coach; definitely in the top half of the conference, or at least at #6. His air raid attack and consistent coaching philosophy will net him 6-8 wins every year, which will make coogs ecstatic. In my mind, it takes an impressive coach to do that in Pullman. He definitely does fuck up on occasion, ala their bowl game against CSU. But still, he's better than 95% of the coaches they could get to sign a contract on the Palouse.

Riley is washed up. If he gets more than 7 wins in the Pac-12 again I will be surprised. The conference has gotten too competitive. Then again, people have probably been saying that about OSU since '01, and they've remained a competitive game on the schedule, for the most part (sans last years abortion)....

Cal fucking blows
    He's okay. I wouldn't describe him as good. If you put him in the top 6 that means you're taking him over one of Graham, Rich Rod or Riley, which I just can't see.
    An 'okay' coach doesn't take WSU down to the Coliseum and get a victory. It doesn't matter if Lane Kiffen was the coach, that shit has happened like 4 times, ever. Leach will keep WSU competitive in the conference as long as he is there. Not many coaches can do that.

If I was WSU, I'd take Leach over Graham, Rich Rod, and especially Riley. Graham and Rich Rod may or may not be better coaches than Leach. I'm not sold on Graham at all. He strikes me as only a marginally better coach than Sark; they both have that same annoying dude brah personality. They both shit the bed in the most important games. I will say that Graham at least knows how to discipline his players so that they don't commit fucktarded penalties.

Rich Rod is probably a better coach than Leach, but there is no fucking way RR was going to go to Pullman. If he did, he'd be out of there the first chance he got. And so far, the scoreboard is at Leach 1, RR 0....with WSU winning in Arizona.

Riley is who he is....7 win Riley. His philosophy seems to be losing its luster now that the conference has gotten an influx of better coaches. I'd take Leach over him any day of the week.

TL, DR Leach is a good coach and it wouldn't shock me if he made a Conf. Title game/Rose Bowl before 2020.
    Completely disagree

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

Completely disagree

Okay.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

Completely disagree

Okay.

Leach is mediocre as hell. It's easier to win at Texas Tech than it is at WSU, and he never won his conference there, he's not winning this Pac12.
    edited April 2014
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

Completely disagree

Okay.

Leach is mediocre as hell. It's easier to win at Texas Tech than it is at WSU, and he never won his conference there, he's not winning this Pac12.
    He got pretty close. I also think he has a better d-cord now than he ever had at Tech...Breske is pretty legit.

I'd say the Tech job is pretty fucking similar to WSU...WSU has actually won the conference before, Tech has never done a fucking thing in the Big 12 (besides when Leach was there).

Winning @ WSU is tough when the Cougars have the right coach. If WSU gets a favorable conference schedule, it wouldn't shock me to see them go 8-1 or 7-2 one year and make the title game.

I want UW and WSU to be duke it out for the North, damnit. Fuck the state of Oregon, and Stanford.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Sark would do/will do about as well as M. Stoops. He already had his fast 5-1 start like Stoops' 7-1 start. I'm thinking more and more that Snark's the second place holder for their low scholarship period. Pat Haden was probably turned down by a few better candidates who didn't want to hurt their records and deal with depth issues. They don't fully recover from that 'til about 2018 taking into account redshirts.

As for Whittingham, Utah hasn't done shit in the P 12. I wouldn't put him above tenth.

The numbers also say that Stoops is better than Sark. Here is SRS for Arizona:

01-72
    02-71
    03-91

Stoops:
    04-66
    05-63
    06-40
    07-41
    08-23
    09-36
    10-31
    11-71 end

In 2009 Arizona was actually pretty damn close to the Rose Bowl. They finished 2nd in the league with 3 losses, Oregon had 1. One of their losses was the fluke Mason Foster pick. They were ahead of Oregon by 7 with the ball and 5 minutes left. Had they held on, they would have had the tie breaker.

After 2011 Stoops certainly would have drifted around the 40s and 50s. But he inherited a terrible program at the time and did a decent job. No way Sark would have done any better but it is probably the best comparison to Sark. Nevertheless, edge Stoops.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited April 2014
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

Completely disagree

Okay.

Disagree.

When Leach was at Tech he had Oklahoma, Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma St., and Baylor in the South division with him. That is not easier than the current Pac12 division of UW, OSU, Stanford, Oregon, and Cal.

Texas Tech is near the bottom of the barrel for basically anyone in the south/Texas football or not.

If you are any good at football in Texas you would almost always rather go to UT, TAMU, Oklahoma, LSU, Ok. St, Baylor or TCU...

Texas tech recruits against schools like University of Houston, SMU, and Rice, they are always going to get the bottom talent, much like WSU.

Both schools are also in the middle of fucking nothing and both schools are shit academically. There is a reason why high school kids in Texas say "can't get your grades up, get your guns up" in reference to Tech.

Texas tech and WSU are incredibly similar and Leach is about as great a fit for them as possible. He is a decent coach and did more with less for 10 years at Tech.

That being said, he would be a horrible hire for UW and I would hate to see his Air Raid offense here. Its perfect for WSU.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Crown his ass now.

You guys are more doogy than the feegs on doogman.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

This just in....your boy peterman ain't done shit in the PAC 12 yet.

LIFPO

Technically you're right, as are coogs and quooks that say that. BUT STILL
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Peterman = Saban.

Got it.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think it's so much "Peterman's here where's my natty lol" as it is the fact that were guaranteed to not have a season where the players are undisciplined lawnmowers with a coach who orders a box of plungers every season. Besides, you guys are fucking stupid if you think that he can't hang at all with some of the losers in the Pac 12, his bronco teams would have plungered Riley multiple times.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

Does a 'good' coach fuck up clock management in a dreckfest bowel game and blow a win?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    TheGlove said:

Peterman = Saban.

Got it.

Not true. Peterman is MUCH younger than Saban.

TheGlove said:

Peterman = Saban.

Got it.

Stop pressing you fucking moron
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

You like to call him rich rod..you like to do that.

Didn't sark win at USC as well. Yeah. SC has been shitty under Lame Kitten (lol).

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

Does a 'good' coach fuck up clock management in a dreckfest bowel game and blow a win?
    Sure. NOGAF about the NM bowl, except the coogliest coogs (Hi Harv)

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

The correct response was "yeah, but still"
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

The correct response was "yeah, but still"
    You made me have a belly laugh but...

The correct response was "Saban, Iron Bowl, #4 Auburn, 56 yard field goal"

All coaches make a few mistakes
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,309
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yup.

Cal fucking blows

Completely disagree

Okay.

Disagree.

When Leach was at Tech he had Oklahoma, Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma St., and Baylor in the South division with him. That is not easier than the current Pac12 division of UW, OSU, Stanford, Oregon, and Cal.

Texas Tech is near the bottom of the barrel for basically anyone in the south/Texas football or not.

If you are any good at football in Texas you would almost always rather go to UT, TAMU, Oklahoma, LSU, Ok. St, Baylor or TCU...

Texas tech recruits against schools like University of Houston, SMU, and Rice, they are always going to get the bottom talent, much like WSU.

Both schools are also in the middle of fucking nothing and both schools are shit academically. There is a reason why high school kids in Texas say "can't get your grades up, get your guns up" in reference to Tech.

Texas tech and WSU are incredibly similar and Leach is about as great a fit for them as possible. He is a decent coach and did more with less for 10 years at Tech.

That being said, he would be a horrible hire for UW and I would hate to see his Air Raid offense here. Its perfect for WSU.

PM houhusky if you have questions about how the former big12 south translates to the pac12 north, he's got that shit dialed in.

Leach will be a perennial 8-4 with a soft ass OOC and a couple upsets, he'll be a thorn in everyone's side but never put it all together.