Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark on social media(Month old)

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

haie said:

WSU is a good little team/school. The problem is that they sit and compare themselves to us instead of just liking their school and team for what it is.

Uhhh no they arent and no it isnt. Pullman is a fucking shithole and should be nuked and their football program has been an embarassment for a century.
    Pullman is fucking awesome to visit for a weekend, but your post is pretty much spot on.

There are a ton of places to visist for a weekend where you can get blacked out and bang sluts non stop. Almost every college in existance for starters.
    But it's way, wayyyy easier to bang drunk sluts at WSU than it is at the other in-state universities. Chicks that want to major in sex go to WSU. Was at a frat party there 4 years ago and could not believe how slutty the typical female there was. The frat bros there do well, if they can remember to wear condoms.

Girls at WSU are also much hotter than your typical UW female. Fuck, the directional schools kill UW when it comes to dtf sloots.
    This. I've bee to frat bro parties at both UW and WSU. I would way rather go to UW and live in Seattle. Waking up on a Tuesday in Pullman has to be a terrible feeling, but it is easily better to go to and party. Way better girls as Orange noted, not as many academic squares.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Remember Orange you have to win title game to be conference champion.

With this new format I don't know if WSU wins conference in 1997 or 2002. Remember they played ucla early in 1997. Ucla started 0-2 then won 20 games in a row.

In 2003 played USC early and USC lost one conference game the following 3 and a half years.

I think in a title game they lose the rematches.

I would take any bet that Leach never wins a conference title at wsu. End of the day he's 9-16 at wsu, Ty/Gilby were 7-16 after two years to illustrate how shitty he's doing.

Uhhh...

Leach took over after fucking WULLF! dude. They had no good recruits when he got there, and recruiting to WSU is exponentially more difficult that recruiting to UW. Getting to a bowl game in his second season after inheriting that dumpster fire is impressive. He won't be a sub .500 coach there for long.

If WSU is good enough to get to the conference title game, they will have a chance to win that game, home or away. Would I put money down on WSU reaching the title game? No, but I wouldn't bet against them either.

Wulff won 4 games his last year. Leach won 3 the following year.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

With this new format I don't know if WSU wins conference in 1997 or 2002. Remember they played ucla early in 1997. Ucla started 0-2 then won 20 games in a row.

In 2003 played USC early and USC lost one conference game the following 3 and a half years.

I would take any bet that Leach never wins a conference title at wsu. End of the day he's 9-16 at wsu, Ty/Gilby were 7-16 after two years to illustrate how shitty he's doing.

Uhhh...

Leach took over after fucking WULLF! dude. They had no good recruits when he got there, and recruiting to WSU is exponentially more difficult that recruiting to UW. Getting to a bowl game in his second season after inheriting that dumpster fire is impressive. He won't be a sub .500 coach there for long.

If WSU is good enough to get to the conference title game, they will have a chance to win that game, home or away. Would I put money down on WSU reaching the title game? No, but I wouldn't bet against them either.

I loved pointing that out to Coogs like CoogLJ. It would piss them off so much.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Uhhh...

LEACHH!!1
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I would love CoogLJs input on the New Mexico Bowel being the huge leach supporter he is.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam

Uhhh...

Cool. Leach kicked half the Wullf recruits off the team when he took over, and over half of his starters were true sophs and freshman. Wulff won like 2 pac 12 games...Leach made a bowl game in his second year.

Leach is better than you doogs give him credit for

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303

I personally like the guy, but he's still the Pirate of Poop Island
    In all seriousness I expect WSU to have a good year this year.

I think UW wins rather easily 7 games on the schedule. WSU is one of the three swing games(Stanford and at Zona others) with two likely losses(ucla and Oregon). I expect to go 3-2 in those five games.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,605
    edited April 2014
    He's big into brah bonding experiences:

Same. I think he's a funny guy and I loved hearing about him spraying water on players as they ran in the sand and had guys rolling in their own puke. I just don't think he is a very good coach. I also find it interesting that he preaches toughness yet runs the pussiest offense in all of college football. I hate watching WSU play. Watching them dink and dunk 70 times a game sucks.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam

I think UW wins rather easily 7 games on the schedule. WSU is one of the three swing games(Stanford and at Zona others) with two likely losses(ucla and Oregon). I expect to go 3-2 in those five games.

UW beats UCLA at home rather easily....cook it. Any away game against a team with a pulse is inherently more difficult for UW than a home game. I'd be more worries about @ Zona and @ Wazzu than home against the Bruins. Hundley isn't clutch

UW beats UCLA at home rather easily....cook it. Any away game against a team with a pulse is inherently more difficult for UW than a home game. I'd be more worries about @ Zona and @ Wazzu than home against the Bruins. Hundley isn't clutch
    UCLA at home will be tough. UW is tough at home but hasn't gone undefeated at home since 2001 so I expect that trend to continue.

UCLA I think is going to win the conference. Good team last year who returns the most starters in the conference with a highly rated experienced QB.

I actually think UW should beat AZ on the road but hard to believe it since we've flat got bombed our last three trips down there. Hard to erase that image from my head even though we have a real coach now.
    edited April 2014

Same. I think he's a funny guy and I loved hearing about him spraying water on players as they ran in the sand and had guys rolling in their own puke. I just don't think he is a very good coach. I also find it interesting that he preaches toughness yet runs the pussiest offense in all of college football. I hate watching WSU play. Watching them dink and dunk 70 times a game sucks.

Disagree. The air raid is fun to watch when it's in a competitive game. Wazzu @ Auburn was highly entertaining last year.

You aren't going to get blown out very often running the air raid. Even when you get shut down, you still get 300 fucking yards through the air.

That said, Leach definitely needs to update his philosophy. 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing is a fuckton better than 400 yards passing, 10 yards rushing with 2 ints.

I don't know if WSU can get the caliber of athletes it takes to win at the Pac-12 level with a balanced attack. The air raid might just be the most efficient offense given the talent level

Disagree. The air raid is fun to watch when it's in a competitive game. Wazzu @ Auburn was highly entertaining last year.

You aren't going to get blown out very often running the air raid. Even when you get shut down, you still get 300 fucking yards through the air.

That said, Leach definitely needs to update his philosophy. 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing is a fuckton better than 400 yards passing, 10 yards rushing with 2 ints.

I don't know if WSU can get the caliber of athletes it takes to win at the Pac-12 level with a balanced attack. The air raid might just be the most efficient offense given the talent level

I hate his offense and that's why I didn't want him at UW. I don't think you can win a title with that style.

Having said that, this is why he's perfect at WSU though. Given their location, zero tradition, no money, etc they need a gimmick offense. Leach runs just that. I think he'll do at WSU what Sark just did at UW which is be average only at UW that is underachieving while at WSU that's overachieving.

I think Leach is going to upset 1-2 teams a year because that offense is tough to defend. On the flip side he will be upset 1-2 times a year as well because that offense chews up no clock and you will have games where your QB shits the bed.

He's upset UW in 2012, USC in 2013, at Arizona in 2013 and went toe to toe with Auburn in 2013. He's also been upset to Colorado in 2012, Cal at home in 2012, Colorado State in 2013, blown out to Oregon State at home in 2013 and almost lost to UNLV and Eastern Washington in 2012.

I'll say this given that the one weakness on UW appears to be secondary(awfully young besides Peters) I worry about playing WSU. Although UW plays them at the end of the year so hopefully the secondary won't be an issue at the end of the season.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

I hate his offense and that's why I didn't want him at UW. I don't think you can win a title with that style.

Having said that, this is why he's perfect at WSU though. Given their location, zero tradition, no money, etc they need a gimmick offense. Leach runs just that. I think he'll do at WSU what Sark just did at UW which is be average only at UW that is underachieving while at WSU that's overachieving.

I think Leach is going to upset 1-2 teams a year because that offense is tough to defend. On the flip side he will be upset 1-2 times a year as well because that offense chews up no clock and you will have games where your QB shits the bed.

He's upset UW in 2012, USC in 2013, at Arizona in 2013 and went toe to toe with Auburn in 2013. He's also been upset to Colorado in 2012, Cal at home in 2012, Colorado State in 2013, blown out to Oregon State at home in 2013 and almost lost to UNLV and Eastern Washington in 2012.

I'll say this given that the one weakness on UW appears to be secondary(awfully young besides Peters) I worry about playing WSU. Although UW plays them at the end of the year so hopefully the secondary won't be an issue at the end of the season.
    that wasn't an upset, saying it was an upset implies wsu earned that win. UW choked, HTH
    edited April 2014

While this is true, he still has had a really young core of starters that are just getting used to competitive P-12 play. I expect them to get more consistent. That said, they will definitely win games they shouldn't and lose games they shouldn't, with a high frequency, given the risky nature of their offense.

dhdawg said:

that wasn't an upset, saying it was an upset implies wsu earned that win. UW choked, HTH
    UW did choke that game away not denying that. However, gotta give WSU credit they were 2-9 and down by 18 points. Very easy to roll over and say fuck this year. They didn't do that.

Just like WSU choked away Colorado and Colorado State(Damn Leach struggles with that state).
    Leach might be able to get to an Oregon State level where he makes a bowl 4 out of 5 years and wins 8 or 9 in a banner year. I don't see them ever competing for a title.

I don't buy that you need to run a gimmick offense at WSU to have success. I think Leach is a good fit there, but you don't have to reinvent the wheel to win anywhere. When they had success in the early 2000's, they didn't run a gimmick offense. They had a great QB and NFL players on defense, especially at DB. From 2002-2005, they had 6 DB's drafted.

They need to recruit better and hit the JC's hard. Kansas State does this well. The Kellen Moore Boise State teams might not have gone undefeated in the Pac 10/12, but they would have all won 9,10 games. If Boise can put together those kind of teams, WSU conceivably could too. It's pretty hard to do though, and I don't see it happening. I can't believe they once won 10 games 3 straight years.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,977 Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sark's not a god awful coach. He could probably last at Kal, Or St., WSU, or AZ for a while. Doogs deluded themselves into thinking he can do great things given *more time*

Disagree. Sark might do okay at AZ, but I think he would be fucking horrible at the other 3 drecky schools
    At those three schools it would be harder for him to recruit at so to overcome that you need a coach who can develop talent well, find diamonds in the rough well and simply out coach his opposition. Sark can't do any of those.
    Yup.

I might be in the minority on this board, but I think Leach is a good coach; definitely in the top half of the conference, or at least at #6. His air raid attack and consistent coaching philosophy will net him 6-8 wins every year, which will make coogs ecstatic. In my mind, it takes an impressive coach to do that in Pullman. He definitely does fuck up on occasion, ala their bowl game against CSU. But still, he's better than 95% of the coaches they could get to sign a contract on the Palouse.

Riley is washed up. If he gets more than 7 wins in the Pac-12 again I will be surprised. The conference has gotten too competitive. Then again, people have probably been saying that about OSU since '01, and they've remained a competitive game on the schedule, for the most part (sans last years abortion)....

Cal fucking blows
    He's okay. I wouldn't describe him as good. If you put him in the top 6 that means you're taking him over one of Graham, Rich Rod or Riley, which I just can't see.
    An 'okay' coach doesn't take WSU down to the Coliseum and get a victory. It doesn't matter if Lane Kiffen was the coach, that shit has happened like 4 times, ever. Leach will keep WSU competitive in the conference as long as he is there. Not many coaches can do that.

If I was WSU, I'd take Leach over Graham, Rich Rod, and especially Riley. Graham and Rich Rod may or may not be better coaches than Leach. I'm not sold on Graham at all. He strikes me as only a marginally better coach than Sark; they both have that same annoying dude brah personality. They both shit the bed in the most important games. I will say that Graham at least knows how to discipline his players so that they don't commit fucktarded penalties.

Rich Rod is probably a better coach than Leach, but there is no fucking way RR was going to go to Pullman. If he did, he'd be out of there the first chance he got. And so far, the scoreboard is at Leach 1, RR 0....with WSU winning in Arizona.

Riley is who he is....7 win Riley. His philosophy seems to be losing its luster now that the conference has gotten an influx of better coaches. I'd take Leach over him any day of the week.

TL, DR Leach is a good coach and it wouldn't shock me if he made a Conf. Title game/Rose Bowl before 2020.
    Completely disagree

Okay.

Leach is mediocre as hell. It's easier to win at Texas Tech than it is at WSU, and he never won his conference there, he's not winning this Pac12.
    He got pretty close. I also think he has a better d-cord now than he ever had at Tech...Breske is pretty legit.

I'd say the Tech job is pretty fucking similar to WSU...WSU has actually won the conference before, Tech has never done a fucking thing in the Big 12 (besides when Leach was there).

Winning @ WSU is tough when the Cougars have the right coach. If WSU gets a favorable conference schedule, it wouldn't shock me to see them go 8-1 or 7-2 one year and make the title game.

I want UW and WSU to be duke it out for the North, damnit. Fuck the state of Oregon, and Stanford.
    How haven't you learned that it's head fucking coach that matters?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    This thread really delivers the doogliness.