Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone else starting to think their is a succession agreement?

Comments

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I've always believed that Cohen/Peterman/Lake have agreed in principle that Lake would succeed Pete, as long as he didn't bolt for another D Coordinator job before.

All things considered, I think you gotta give Lake a chance.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

One more thing - UW hasn't had a good track record with promoting coordinators to the HC position.

Furthermore, one may surmise that the coordinators are cut from the same cloth as the head coach. So, promoting one of them to HC would just be more inbreeding. New boss same as the old boss scenario - I've seen this at my place of work. Our current CEO operates like the previous one, even though he is more personable and the former was kind of like a robot. Same policies and same playbook; same culture. Yes, he worked up the ranks and was promoted within.

On the other hand some of our non-coordinator hires haven't been too special either.
    Good poont!

UW AD has found so many different ways to burn us out over the years. May as well keep throwing shit at the wall to see what finally sticks.

Just so fucking tired and frustrated with a mediocre product.
    Swaye made a really good point when he said if you think Pete gives you a 1% chance to win it all and there's guys out there that give you 2% chance then you make the move every time. I have always liked Petersen but I'm starting to get interested in the 2% option. Who knows. Maybe JL bumps you up to 5%.
    Every team in the country is scrambling to figure out which coach could get them a championship. Problem is, only Saban, Dabo, and Urban have been able to do it in the playoff era. Lots of splash hires around the country that don’t bear fruit. Lots of college football royalty trying desperately to figure out who that coach is that will bring them back to the promise land.

We are all so frustrated and tired of inexplicable losses because we expect championships from Petersen. You could hire a shit load of dudes that won’t even get you consistent 10 win seasons, let alone expectations of a realistic shot at a championship. You could easily cycle through 6 coaches over 20 years trying to find that 2% option you’re talking about that can finally break through.

Petersen does 90% of things right which leads to consistency that I’ve been craving my whole adult life. It’s the 10% that fucks up the championship hopes I’ve been holding since I was a kid. Our only hope is that Petersen figures out the 10% and evolves.

That 10% is:

- In game decisions
    - Letting go of the offense
    - And recruiting at a top 10-15 level every year so the depth outweighs his coaching fuck ups

We are fucked. We have to hope he fucking evolves. Because otherwise you are Russian Rouletting yourself into putting yourself in the same 20 year shit we were in before we got Petersen and got expectations.

And for everyone who says “recruiting doesn’t matter you faggot, just win the games”. Yeah, well, the only team that has won a championship in the last two decades without being a top 10 recruiter or having top 10 composite talent is Clemson with a generational D Watson.

So with Pete’s development and Sam Huard who is our lord and savior, we could be 10-15.

But fuck off with this, “Fire Pete he cant get it don’t just go find someone who will”.

Where? Who? Who is that going to be? Because no one else can fucking find them. It’s fucking hard. Ask Michigan. They’ve been looking since 97. You don’t just boot someone who at least has that 1%, because barely anyone has that. Saban and Dabo and Urban rule the world. The rest of us are scrabbling for scraps.

Petersen won’t be fired, and even if he did who the fuck gives you a better chance.

He either evolves or he doesn’t and we are fucked. But if we go out and throw darts at a bored we are fucked anyway. So he needs to evolve.
    We are two slow strategy peas in a pod Dougie. I’m fine with ripping Pete right now and be depressed but you don’t @FirePete unless you’ve got nothing to lose- i.e., the risk of downgrading was nil. This was true of Lambo, Gilby, Ty, and Sark.
    Seems to me that there are three outcomes. Being caught in the middle of perpetually being good, but never good enough, is the last place I want to be. Fire him and either turn to shit or get better, but don't waste my time with teasing me every year. At least if the team were total shit I could move on with my life and not waste fall Saturdays hoping for the best.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fuck succession agreements. Where has that coach in waiting bullshit ever worked in college football?

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

One more thing - UW hasn't had a good track record with promoting coordinators to the HC position.

Furthermore, one may surmise that the coordinators are cut from the same cloth as the head coach. So, promoting one of them to HC would just be more inbreeding. New boss same as the old boss scenario - I've seen this at my place of work. Our current CEO operates like the previous one, even though he is more personable and the former was kind of like a robot. Same policies and same playbook; same culture. Yes, he worked up the ranks and was promoted within.

On the other hand some of our non-coordinator hires haven't been too special either.
    Good poont!

UW AD has found so many different ways to burn us out over the years. May as well keep throwing shit at the wall to see what finally sticks.

Swaye made a really good point when he said if you think Pete gives you a 1% chance to win it all and there's guys out there that give you 2% chance then you make the move every time. I have always liked Petersen but I'm starting to get interested in the 2% option. Who knows. Maybe JL bumps you up to 5%.
    Every team in the country is scrambling to figure out which coach could get them a championship. Problem is, only Saban, Dabo, and Urban have been able to do it in the playoff era. Lots of splash hires around the country that don’t bear fruit. Lots of college football royalty trying desperately to figure out who that coach is that will bring them back to the promise land.

We are all so frustrated and tired of inexplicable losses because we expect championships from Petersen. You could hire a shit load of dudes that won’t even get you consistent 10 win seasons, let alone expectations of a realistic shot at a championship. You could easily cycle through 6 coaches over 20 years trying to find that 2% option you’re talking about that can finally break through.

Petersen does 90% of things right which leads to consistency that I’ve been craving my whole adult life. It’s the 10% that fucks up the championship hopes I’ve been holding since I was a kid. Our only hope is that Petersen figures out the 10% and evolves.

That 10% is:

- In game decisions
    - And recruiting at a top 10-15 level every year so the depth outweighs his coaching fuck ups

We are fucked. We have to hope he fucking evolves. Because otherwise you are Russian Rouletting yourself into putting yourself in the same 20 year shit we were in before we got Petersen and got expectations.

And for everyone who says “recruiting doesn’t matter you faggot, just win the games”. Yeah, well, the only team that has won a championship in the last two decades without being a top 10 recruiter or having top 10 composite talent is Clemson with a generational D Watson.

So with Pete’s development and Sam Huard who is our lord and savior, we could be 10-15.

But fuck off with this, “Fire Pete he cant get it don’t just go find someone who will”.

Where? Who? Who is that going to be? Because no one else can fucking find them. It’s fucking hard. Ask Michigan. They’ve been looking since 97. You don’t just boot someone who at least has that 1%, because barely anyone has that. Saban and Dabo and Urban rule the world. The rest of us are scrabbling for scraps.

Petersen won’t be fired, and even if he did who the fuck gives you a better chance.

He either evolves or he doesn’t and we are fucked. But if we go out and throw darts at a bored we are fucked anyway. So he needs to evolve.
    Well it wasn't a fire Pete topic. It was simply a question about whether there is a succession agreement.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Fuck succession agreements. Where has that coach in waiting bullshit ever worked in college football?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/194

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well I know for a positive that no succession agreement exists on the offensive side. Do we have anyone other than Pete that tries to run an offense? Where is Babushka when we need him....
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Kellen Moore would’ve been the prefect succession plan if Pete had hired him as OC in 2018 instead of Bush.

Now Kellen is destined to be an NFL HC within the next few years
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2019

Or in basketball for that matter. Just ask our own Mike Hopkins about how that type of arrangement worked out at Syracuse.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jesus mang. I’ve traveled with my wife to the CFP and the Rose Bowl in the past 3 yrs. I’m not going back to mediocrity with all you Russian roulette muther fuggas.

@YellowSnow

Doesn't mediocrity have its limits? Sark's was 7 wins and jumped up to 8 at the end.
    Pete had us in NY6 bowels after improving the 7 and 8 wins to 10-12. Looks like he is dropping back to 8 or 9 this year. What will next year bring? 9-10.

So Pete just has a higher level of mediocrity than Sark. Just enough to get our hopes broken at a different level. Seems to me the NY6 games may be back in 2 years. But proven track record will be to fall behind by 30 points to fall short by 4-10 points.

I went to the RB and we lost awards are not given out,
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,906
    LawDawg1 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/194

Helfrich made it to the natty, too.

Now gone.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,987
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Jesus mang. I’ve traveled with my wife to the CFP and the Rose Bowl in the past 3 yrs. I’m not going back to mediocrity with all you Russian roulette muther fuggas.

@YellowSnow

Doesn't mediocrity have its limits? Sark's was 7 wins and jumped up to 8 at the end.
    Pete had us in NY6 bowels after improving the 7 and 8 wins to 10-12. Looks like he is dropping back to 8 or 9 this year. What will next year bring? 9-10.

So Pete just has a higher level of mediocrity than Sark. Just enough to get our hopes broken at a different level. Seems to me the NY6 games may be back in 2 years. But proven track record will be to fall behind by 30 points to fall short by 4-10 points.

I went to the RB and we lost awards are not given out,
    Mabel, there’s a pretty YUGE gap between Pete mediocrity and Sark mediocrity. Pete’s dog shit season is looking like 9-3 or 8-4 with a few of the losses being in doubt till the final ticks of the clock.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Good poont!

That 10% is:

- In game decisions

We are two slow strategy peas in a pod Dougie. I’m fine with ripping Pete right now and be depressed but you don’t @FirePete unless you’ve got nothing to lose- i.e., the risk of downgrading was nil. This was true of Lambo, Gilby, Ty, and Sark.
    Seems to me that there are three outcomes. Being caught in the middle of perpetually being good, but never good enough, is the last place I want to be. Fire him and either turn to shit or get better, but don't waste my time with teasing me every year. At least if the team were total shit I could move on with my life and not waste fall Saturdays hoping for the best.
    I'm just tired of being let down every single season by all of my teams, and UW is the one I follow most closely. I didn't expect this team to compete for a playoff spot, but also am not patient enough to excuse a 7-8 win season in year 6 of Pete. It's been a slow-but-steady decline since 2016 with no national stage wins to celebrate. Also, the fact that I have to listen to one of my employees - who is a Duck fan because he likes their colors - talk about that game today is not helping, either.

I mentioned somewhere else that the playoff system has so devalued games for teams not in contention that the sport is not what it once was. It's become like the NBA where you know who the top 2-3 teams are that'll be playing for the title and the regular season is just a months long waiting game to get there. The "regular" bowl games are not as meaningful as they once were, and I think that's true even of the Rose Bowl and I'm not a millenial doog who has no clue of the history of that game. Sad, but true.

Sept. 5, 2020 is Pete's next chance to finally claim that national stage win hosting shitty Jim Harbaugh and shitty Michigan. If we? can't win that game I am fucking out until Pete's out, too.

Get off my lawn.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Good poont!

That 10% is:

- In game decisions

Got to love this mentality of just wanting to be above average. No.....,,, et’s go try to win something meaningful