Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon Week!

Comments

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    “Phil Knight money/Uof0 Honey/OMG there goes another snow bunny”
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

CaptainPJ said:

You all laugh, but this was a real live debate over at Doogman years back. It morphed into a state level debate where people were comparing / competing over which state had the better geographical topography and greater natural beauty. CastlerockRon/royotis was throwing down for Washington, arguing that Oregon just didn't have an answer for Mt. Rayonier. There were protracted arguments between morons over whether Olympic National Park was better than Crescent Lake, etc. etc.

This literally went on for months and people were taking it seriously.

So who won?!!
    Washington, of course.

Lake Chelan was the tie breaker. The Oregonians had no answer.
    I have to go with Oregon from a geological / topography perspective. I prefer Bachelor to any of the WA ski resorts although Seattle is way closer to Whistler. Oregon's wine country is way better than Washington's. Oregon coast is better too. The Bend / Sunriver area is fantastic.
    Crystal and Baker are both ten times better than Bachelor what the actual fuck
  • Options
    QuackAddictQuackAddict Member Posts: 2
    5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    I am an Oregonian who has a second home 2 miles out of Rainier National Park. I am also a major outdoor enthusiast - mostly hiking. I'll take Seattle over Portland. Mt. Rainier over Mt. Hood. Oregon coast over WA coast (except Long Beach is excellent). Eastern Oregon over eastern Washington (though I love Spokane). One thing we can all agree upon is some of the most beautiful parts of WA and OR are shared along the southern border in the form of the Columbia River Gorge.

Yet with all of the beauty found in both states, 9 months out of the year I want to off-myself due to grey skies, rain, and the inability to tell whether it is 5AM or 5PM most dreary days.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,807
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

CaptainPJ said:

You all laugh, but this was a real live debate over at Doogman years back. It morphed into a state level debate where people were comparing / competing over which state had the better geographical topography and greater natural beauty. CastlerockRon/royotis was throwing down for Washington, arguing that Oregon just didn't have an answer for Mt. Rayonier. There were protracted arguments between morons over whether Olympic National Park was better than Crescent Lake, etc. etc.

So who won?!!
    Washington, of course.

I have to go with Oregon from a geological / topography perspective. I prefer Bachelor to any of the WA ski resorts although Seattle is way closer to Whistler. Oregon's wine country is way better than Washington's. Oregon coast is better too. The Bend / Sunriver area is fantastic.
    Bachelor has way better vertical than either Crystal or Baker. They get plenty of snow. Far shorter lift lines than Crystal on the weekends.
    Bachelor is the only thing in Oregon that is better than anything comparable in Washington. That doesn't mean Bachelor is better than EVERYTHING in Washington because it isn't. Don't twist.

Fuck off, Oregon.

Defend your turf, bitches.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I am an Oregonian who has a second home 2 miles out of Rainier National Park. I am also a major outdoor enthusiast - mostly hiking. I'll take Seattle over Portland. Mt. Rainier over Mt. Hood. Oregon coast over WA coast (except Long Beach is excellent). Eastern Oregon over eastern Washington (though I love Spokane). One thing we can all agree upon is some of the most beautiful parts of WA and OR are shared along the southern border in the form of the Columbia River Gorge.

Yet with all of the beauty found in both states, 9 months out of the year I want to off-myself due to grey skies, rain, and the inability to tell whether it is 5AM or 5PM most dreary days.

Sounds like you should probably kill yourself.

And LEAVE!
  • Options
    QuackAddictQuackAddict Member Posts: 2
    5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Sounds like you should probably kill yourself.

And LEAVE!
    Oh if I'm offing myself I plan on taking some Husky fans with me. When is the next time I'll see you at your mother's house?
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,862
    Standard Supporter
    Moses Lake > Hermiston
  • Options

Moses Lake > Hermiston

Wenatchee > Umatilla

Bend > Pasco, d'uh.

Walla Walla > Pendleton

Spokane > Ontario.

Cheney > Baker City

Fuck off, Oregon.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

CaptainPJ said:

So who won?!!
    Washington, of course.

No. Stop.
  • Options

CaptainPJ said:

So who won?!!
    Washington, of course.

No. Stop.
    The G&R Compound gets better snow than all of those.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Taken as seriously as our popularity contest?

Fuck you all who didn’t vote for me as I lost to a then dead baseman.

#neverforget
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,890
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

CaptainPJ said:

So who won?!!
    Washington, of course.

No. Stop.

No place in the US gets more snow than Baker. But @PurpleThrobber if you're inland a ways it could be "better". And I, of course, great up in the GREATEST SNOW ON EARTH so am somewhat of an expert on this subject.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

CaptainPJ said:

So who won?!!
    Washington, of course.

No. Stop.

No place in the US gets more snow than Baker. But @PurpleThrobber if you're inland a ways it could be "better". And I, of course, great up in the GREATEST SNOW ON EARTH so am somewhat of an expert on this subject.
    The G&R Compound apparently doesn't have guns either, so I'm reading with hyperbole.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,890
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

CaptainPJ said:

So who won?!!
    Washington, of course.

No. Stop.

The G&R Compound apparently doesn't have guns either, so I'm reading with hyperbole.
    No religion too?

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who ever started this stupidity can die.

All of you stupid cock sucking inbread gas pumping ducks can DIAFF.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If we're going to bash tacoma, I'm out. Tacoma is becoming what Seattle used to be. AmIWright @Rapeculturedawg
    FirePete said:

PurpleJ said:

Portland and Seattle, Washington and Oregon - those are the same things. If you think the place you’re taking shits is better or different then you’re wrong.

Same shit. Trees, rain, hobos. Just a few degrees latitude difference. Amazon, Microsoft, Intel, Nike. Same shit.

Sales tax and pumping gas are the difference, that’s it. We have to rely on our football teams to tell us what is better.

Seattle is objectively superior to Portland, and I say this as someone who hates both cities.
    Same exact shit. It’s the same city, just two hours away. I have to spend time in both, and there’s no difference. Portland has better food, Seattle is less stabby.

As someone who likes both Seattle and Portland, they are way fucking different

Seattle is an international city with a fuckton of business and construction going on. It feels like living in a big city to live here and work downtown

Portland is what you get if you combined Tacoma, Eugene, and Spokane. Fun to visit and go to clubs in. Not a big city feeling. Walking around feels like youre in Tacoma.
    tacoma is a city?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2019

If we're going to bash tacoma, I'm out. Tacoma is becoming what Seattle used to be. AmIWright @Rapeculturedawg

FirePete said:

PurpleJ said:

Portland and Seattle, Washington and Oregon - those are the same things. If you think the place you’re taking shits is better or different then you’re wrong.

Same shit. Trees, rain, hobos. Just a few degrees latitude difference. Amazon, Microsoft, Intel, Nike. Same shit.

Sales tax and pumping gas are the difference, that’s it. We have to rely on our football teams to tell us what is better.

Seattle is objectively superior to Portland, and I say this as someone who hates both cities.
    Same exact shit. It’s the same city, just two hours away. I have to spend time in both, and there’s no difference. Portland has better food, Seattle is less stabby.

As someone who likes both Seattle and Portland, they are way fucking different

Seattle is an international city with a fuckton of business and construction going on. It feels like living in a big city to live here and work downtown

Portland is what you get if you combined Tacoma, Eugene, and Spokane. Fun to visit and go to clubs in. Not a big city feeling. Walking around feels like youre in Tacoma.
    tacoma is a city?
    Thrice All American, as the song goes.