Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon Week!

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019

North Cascades mysteriously absent

This thread is a fucking embarrassment.

@YellowSnow claiming Oregon has superior geography is embarassing

WA State only has 4 fucking mountain ranges (Cascades, Olympics, Selkirks, Blues), the most rugged range in the lower 48 (N. Cascades), 5 fucking real and tuff Volcanoes (Glacier Peak counts), a dense mossy rainforest, a fjord with tons of islands in it, the god damn Enchantments.

Eastern Oregon is a wasteland east of Smith Rock. WA state actually has bodies of water and a river going through it. There is jack shit for hundreds of miles except scrub pine in Eastern Oregon.

WA state wilderness is the big leagues, Oregon is the minors. The only thing I would say Oregon has over WA is better coastline, but WA has some great spots too.

This thread really outs those who actually do outdoorsy shit from those who ski in Aspen and pretend.
    @PostGameOrangeSlices there were only 3 ski resorts (2 hosted the winter olympics) within 5 mins of my high school and 9 total within 60 mins but I’m probably a poser hipster who doesn’t anything about the great outdoors.
    My aspen comment was a low tweak and not to be taken seriously.

Washington has over 110 peaks taller than 7,000 feet. Oregon has less than 40.
    Sure, but Oregon has more peaks above 9k.

WA State only has 4 fucking mountain ranges (Cascades, Olympics, Selkirks, Blues), the most rugged range in the lower 48 (N. Cascades), 5 fucking real and tuff Volcanoes (Glacier Peak counts), a dense mossy rainforest, a fjord with tons of islands in it, the god damn Enchantments.

Eastern Oregon is a wasteland east of Smith Rock. WA state actually has bodies of water and a river going through it. There is jack shit for hundreds of miles except scrub pine in Eastern Oregon.

WA state wilderness is the big leagues, Oregon is the minors. The only thing I would say Oregon has over WA is better coastline, but WA has some great spots too.

This thread really outs those who actually do outdoorsy shit from those who ski in Aspen and pretend.
    @PostGameOrangeSlices there were only 3 ski resorts (2 hosted the winter olympics) within 5 mins of my high school and 9 total within 60 mins but I’m probably a poser hipster who doesn’t anything about the great outdoors.

16 vs 12. Interesting

WA has a shit load of 8k ones that barely miss the cut and our serious mountains, like Dragontail. Fun climb
    We'd probably get along IRL. Just trying to inform here.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

16 vs 12. Interesting

WA has a shit load of 8k ones that barely miss the cut and our serious mountains, like Dragontail. Fun climb
    We'd probably get along IRL. Just trying to inform here.
    For sure. Another factor against Oregon for me is the distance it takes to get there. Want to loan me your RV? Only moderate wear and tear from coke and strippers
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

CaptainPJ said:

You all laugh, but this was a real live debate over at Doogman years back. It morphed into a state level debate where people were comparing / competing over which state had the better geographical topography and greater natural beauty. CastlerockRon/royotis was throwing down for Washington, arguing that Oregon just didn't have an answer for Mt. Rayonier. There were protracted arguments between morons over whether Olympic National Park was better than Crescent Lake, etc. etc.

This literally went on for months and people were taking it seriously.

So who won?!!
    Washington, of course.

Lake Chelan was the tie breaker. The Oregonians had no answer.
    I have to go with Oregon from a geological / topography perspective. I prefer Bachelor to any of the WA ski resorts although Seattle is way closer to Whistler. Oregon's wine country is way better than Washington's. Oregon coast is better too. The Bend / Sunriver area is fantastic.
    Crystal and Baker are both ten times better than Bachelor what the actual fuck
    Bachelor has way better vertical than either Crystal or Baker. They get plenty of snow. Far shorter lift lines than Crystal on the weekends.
    Crystal is awful on the weekends. Most the day is spent in line and on the chairs.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sorry bruh - I take it personally when someone takes a jab at my mountain man street cred.

All kidding aside, of course Washington’s mountains and glacier carved lowlands are more impressive than Oregon. But my remark about geography was more a preference for the Oregon coast and the Bend / Sunriver area over anything comparable in WA.

Baker and Crystal both do some things better than Bachelor but overall the latter is the better mountain.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Sorry bruh - I take it personally when someone takes a jab at my mountain man street cred.

All kidding aside, of course Washington’s mountains and glacier carved lowlands are more impressive than Oregon. But my remark about geography was more a preference for the Oregon coast and the Bend / Sunriver area over anything comparable in WA.

Baker and Crystal both do some things better than Bachelor but overall the latter is the better mountain.
    One thing Crystal has that none of the others have, including Whistler, is a can't-get-closer view of a giant mother fucking volcano.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Would you faggots take your stupid Oregon vs. Washington scenic beauty gaywad thread somewhere else so we can get back to talking about buttfucking Cristoballz in mine? TIA

Im sorry you live in fucking Virginia. That must be awful
    You don't know what you're missing.

Ive been to Virginia 4 times. I know exactly what Im missing and how bad the east coast sucks lol
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Would you faggots take your stupid Oregon vs. Washington scenic beauty gaywad thread somewhere else so we can get back to talking about buttfucking Cristoballz in mine? TIA

Im sorry you live in fucking Virginia. That must be awful
    You don't know what you're missing.

Ive been to Virginia 4 times. I know exactly what Im missing and how bad the east coast sucks lol
    I'll take purple Virginia over deep blue Washington any day. Only thing I miss from Washington is Dicks. Take that however.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    This thread is gay
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

mic drop...

There are literally dozens of those in Pullman, WA. And most have deep psychological daddy issues which can only be cured anally.

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

mic drop...

Hot but that's from like 2005.