Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Quite honestly this has driven me nuts since he’s been here.

Quite honestly, I don't disagree.

This just drives me nuts about announcers in general. You have ONE job, and you fuck it up? It's worse in basketball, where there are only 13 players on each team. Take five fucking minutes, talk to one of each team's coaches, ball boys, statisticians, etc. and make a pronunciation guide. Study it for ten minutes until you have everything right. Do your job and be professional.

Heard Rondeau on the Honks last year, and he described something like this as his process when asked about the increasingly (what?) difficult names. A pro is a pro, but step one is simply giving a shit.
    I remember watching a game in ‘91 (or ‘92) and Gary Bender kept saying “Billy Joe Hobart” and ABC even spelled it like that in their graphics.

It it seriously that hard to double check these things? Take some pride and be a professional

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This just drives me nuts about announcers in general. You have ONE job, and you fuck it up? It's worse in basketball, where there are only 13 players on each team. Take five fucking minutes, talk to one of each team's coaches, ball boys, statisticians, etc. and make a pronunciation guide. Study it for ten minutes until you have everything right. Do your job and be professional.

Heard Rondeau on the Honks last year, and he described something like this as his process when asked about the increasingly (what?) difficult names. A pro is a pro, but step one is simply giving a shit.
    I remember watching a game in ‘91 (or ‘92) and Gary Bender kept saying “Billy Joe Hobart” and ABC even spelled it like that in their graphics.

It it seriously that hard to double check these things? Take some pride and be a professional

Keith Jackson was that professional. Everyone else back in the day always screwed up @Swaye 's language, like Puyallup. I always got a chortle outta that.
  • Options
    MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193

Keith Jackson was that professional. Everyone else back in the day always screwed up @Swaye 's language, like Puyallup. I always got a chortle outta that.
    Keith Jackson was the GOAT. I wanted him calling every UW game. Consummate professional, showed no bias (which is what a pro does) and made every game he called into an event without showboating. Always did his homework and called the game in front of him. Basically the complete opposite of any ESPN crew today.

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,106
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Jordan Reffert
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

bigcc said:

dnc said:

Aaron Fuller burning the best secondary in the nation.

He sucks.
    He's Doug Baldwin 2.0. He doesn't suck but talent wise he's average in every way and if he's your #1 guy that means your WR corps sucks. It's gonna be a midget show at receiver this year. Fuller, Baccellia, and McClatcher. 5'10, 5'10, and 5'8. Please for the love of god somebody over 6'0 tall be good. Jones? Osborne? Puka? Anybody?
    Never seen so many people tripping over their own dicks in a thread. Doug Baldwin was a pro bowler.
    Jesus Christ. He also went undrafted for a reason. Fuller = Doug Baldwin IN COLLEGE!
    That's a stupid fucking comparison then if you don't point that out beforehand
    Don't blame me for your misunderstanding. The point is Fuller is 5'10 and 185 pounds and he's not fast, just like Baldwin. He has to win by being smarter, super skilled, crafty, and a try hard, just like Baldwin. Baldwin went undrafted and then became a Cinderella story of a less talented, try hard guy making it in the NFL. For every Doug Baldwin, there are a hundred other JAG talent level slot receivers who didn't make it. I'm obviously not saying Fuller is what Doug Baldwin became in the NFL. He's a college Doug Baldwin kind of guy and if he's our #1 guy at WR, that's not good enough.
    You didn't even know who Doug Baldwin was in college. Your analysis is "he didn't get drafted so he must not have been good".

Just stop talking.
    That's kind of the point. He was average in college so nobody knew who he was. It's a fair comparison for Fuller. Stop pretending you think Fuller is really good and you have his back because he's one of our guys you bleeding heart doog. You don't, because he hasn't proven it yet. Most here would prefer it if Terrell Bynum or Puka Nacua beat Fuller out. I doubt you're any different.
    I'd be thrilled if somebody beat Fuller out because that means we have somebody even better than the guy who is going to play in the league.
    Fuck off doog. We want future 1st and 2nd round picks at WR like Ross and Dante. Not late round picks or UDFA who are basic for us but manage to make an NFL roster by the skin of their teeth because they get better and are heady and use crafty WR tricks of the trade to make plays and are cheap for GM's to sign. After all those plays Baldwin made for the Hawks, he was still paid chump change compared to the top receivers in the league. His greatest value was that he was easy to keep on the roster because of his low cap hit whereas guys like Golden Tate and Paul Richardson had higher market values and got PAID. I'm not rooting against Fuller. I want him to have a big season but obviously we want more talented guys as our go-to receivers.
    Golden Tate 4 years $37.5 million
    Paul Richardson 5 years $40 million
    Doug Baldwin 4 years $46 million

You're comparing Baldwin's third contract with the 2nd contracts of Richardson and Tate. Baldwin's second contract was 2 years for only $13 million. Tate and Richardson will both make more over the course of their NFL careers than Baldwin did. Both were 2nd round picks and had bigger second contracts.

I don't understand how people can be so stupid to be like "Doug Baldwin was a pro bowler, I'd take that all day". Jesus fucking Christ. Fuller isn't in the NFL you retards. The comparison is simply comparing them as players (same height and size, same game speed, same playing style, same position, same role as a #1 WR on their team when they don't have #1 WR talent). Is it that difficult to understand? Fuck some of you are dumb.
    That's Tate's third contract.

And Baldwin's second contract was signed as a restricted free agent which severely limits your leverage. Tate's and Richardson's were as unrestricted free agents.

HTH but I know it won't.
    You're still going on about this Doug Baldwin shit? Okay, fine. In 2014 Tate signed a 5-year 31 million dollar contract with the Lions. Then he signed a 4-year 37.5 million dollar deal with the Giants this year. In what way has his market value not been higher than Baldwin's? Facts are the facts. Tate has had the higher market value and will make more money over the course of his NFL career and probably already has.

But this is a meaningless tangent debate some of you choose to keep going to try to "prove ballz wrong". Get back to the original point. In what ways is Aaron Fuller not similar to Doug Baldwin as a player?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Keith Jackson was getting a little bit senile when I got into him. He still made college football great and is my favorite announcer.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Can I formally request Pete saying “you have a dog doo doo team”?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Brent Musburger was the worst. Damon Hugh-ard out of Pooeyallup Washington.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Brent Musburger was the worst. Damon Hugh-ard out of Pooeyallup Washington.
    Or the jackass whose kid played at Michigan. Pally-yoop
  • Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186

Caple with Softy:

Jacob Eason has started to separate in his mind.

He has been taking care of the ball better than Haener. Typically if there is a turnover, it has not come from Eason. Also, the coaches continue to preach taking more chances down the field (now that they fucking can BROWNING YOU FUCK). Caple has said that according to what he's heard, at least 2 or 3 times per practice Eason makes a throw that makes everyone look at each other and say "whoa".

So while the coaches keep saying there hasn't been a huge separation to this point, there is a QB who has been more consistent throughout camp.

Taking care of the ball and taking what the defense gives him, with a sprinkling of pushing the ball down the field and giving his playmakers chances. What the fuck else could you ask for from a QB when given this defense and this level of skill players on the offense.

He also said he expects Pete to split the reps against Eastern. Fuck us if that happens.
    They’ll be 50/50 in snaps against EWU.

Skinny starts, we score 5 - 6 times in the first half, EWU scores maybe once.

Enter the Haener at start of 3rd for lots of snap, turnaround 3-7 steps, hand the ball off with the occasional pass thrown in to keep it interesting.