Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

In stride more than 10 yards downfield. That's nice.
    dnc said:

Aaron Fuller burning the best secondary in the nation.

He sucks.
    To be fair, they haven’t had to face in practice before.
    Jimmy Lake never had to face a ranked UW QB
    POTD
  • Options
    DefinitelyNotCokerDefinitelyNotCoker Member Posts: 64
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

Doogles said:

Houhusky said:

No McKinney?

McKinney sucks, injured, or Byrant, Molden, and Williams are that good?

Safety play might be a bit of a struggle if we cant get a pass rush at all like last year.
    I think Cam and Myles are just that good.
    I think Ohio State scored another touchdown.
    This is the real reason I'm so hard on Rapp

His replacement sucked so bad it was painful
    Who?

Fucker is dead to me, nothing personal, just a bidness decision.
    Me too, but then I can't help clicking on articles that mention his camp and preseason performance. Unsurprisingly they're all raving about him. Fucking guy is/was so good. He would've been a big difference in that game and deserves at least some of the derision he's gotten from husky fans.
    Except he was truly injured. He warmed up and tried to go and couldn't. Stop the hate. If you rewatch you can even see the moment he got hurt in the Utah championship game. Rapp was a huge part of the rebirth.
    Even I thought he was holding out of the game, then I rewatched the Utah game and he got absolutely rolled on during a safety blitz. Really bad.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    dnc said:

bigcc said:

dnc said:

He sucks.
    He's Doug Baldwin 2.0. He doesn't suck but talent wise he's average in every way and if he's your #1 guy that means your WR corps sucks. It's gonna be a midget show at receiver this year. Fuller, Baccellia, and McClatcher. 5'10, 5'10, and 5'8. Please for the love of god somebody over 6'0 tall be good. Jones? Osborne? Puka? Anybody?
    Never seen so many people tripping over their own dicks in a thread. Doug Baldwin was a pro bowler.
    Jesus Christ. He also went undrafted for a reason. Fuller = Doug Baldwin IN COLLEGE!
    That's a stupid fucking comparison then if you don't point that out beforehand
    Don't blame me for your misunderstanding. The point is Fuller is 5'10 and 185 pounds and he's not fast, just like Baldwin. He has to win by being smarter, super skilled, crafty, and a try hard, just like Baldwin. Baldwin went undrafted and then became a Cinderella story of a less talented, try hard guy making it in the NFL. For every Doug Baldwin, there are a hundred other JAG talent level slot receivers who didn't make it. I'm obviously not saying Fuller is what Doug Baldwin became in the NFL. He's a college Doug Baldwin kind of guy and if he's our #1 guy at WR, that's not good enough.
    You didn't even know who Doug Baldwin was in college. Your analysis is "he didn't get drafted so he must not have been good".

Just stop talking.
    That's kind of the point. He was average in college so nobody knew who he was. It's a fair comparison for Fuller. Stop pretending you think Fuller is really good and you have his back because he's one of our guys you bleeding heart doog. You don't, because he hasn't proven it yet. Most here would prefer it if Terrell Bynum or Puka Nacua beat Fuller out. I doubt you're any different.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Dude u r parents don’t love you
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

bigcc said:

dnc said:

He sucks.
    He's Doug Baldwin 2.0. He doesn't suck but talent wise he's average in every way and if he's your #1 guy that means your WR corps sucks. It's gonna be a midget show at receiver this year. Fuller, Baccellia, and McClatcher. 5'10, 5'10, and 5'8. Please for the love of god somebody over 6'0 tall be good. Jones? Osborne? Puka? Anybody?
    Never seen so many people tripping over their own dicks in a thread. Doug Baldwin was a pro bowler.
    Jesus Christ. He also went undrafted for a reason. Fuller = Doug Baldwin IN COLLEGE!
    Don't blame me for your misunderstanding. The point is Fuller is 5'10 and 185 pounds and he's not fast, just like Baldwin. He has to win by being smarter, super skilled, crafty, and a try hard, just like Baldwin. Baldwin went undrafted and then became a Cinderella story of a less talented, try hard guy making it in the NFL. For every Doug Baldwin, there are a hundred other JAG talent level slot receivers who didn't make it. I'm obviously not saying Fuller is what Doug Baldwin became in the NFL. He's a college Doug Baldwin kind of guy and if he's our #1 guy at WR, that's not good enough.
    You didn't even know who Doug Baldwin was in college. Your analysis is "he didn't get drafted so he must not have been good".

Just stop talking.
    That's kind of the point. He was average in college so nobody knew who he was. It's a fair comparison for Fuller. Stop pretending you think Fuller is really good and you have his back because he's one of our guys you bleeding heart doog. You don't, because he hasn't proven it yet. Most here would prefer it if Terrell Bynum or Puka Nacua beat Fuller out. I doubt you're any different.
    I'd be thrilled if somebody beat Fuller out because that means we have somebody even better than the guy who is going to play in the league.
  • Options
    LostDoogRewardLostDoogReward Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

bigcc said:

dnc said:

He sucks.

Just stop talking.
    Adding some context to what you're saying would probably help. If you look at career college stats you can make the argument that Fuller has certainly had a similar career arc to Baldwin up until this point. Baldwins senior year in 13 games he had 58 receptions for 857 and 9 tds. Baldwin was injured his Junior year and only played 7 games and Andrew Luck was a Freshman. Fuller in his junior year in 14 games had 58 receptions for 874 and 4 tds. One had Andrew Luck throwing to him, the other had Jake Browning. Baldwin was Luck's #1 receiver in 2010, just like Fuller was last season for Browning. For further context Browning went 252/388 while Luck went 263/372. Similar volume, less efficiency.

Insert Junior Adams and Jacob Eason. If Adams is as good of a developer as he's touted, then you can assume or hope that sharper routes are being run, and more of an attack the ball mentality that hes been preaching all fall camp. If Eason ends up being what everyone expects him to be and can make the proper reads and get the ball out with better timing and pace, I don't see why you wouldn't expect Fuller and the rest of the JAG recievers to also improve. If Fuller is our #1 I would expect him to have a better Senior year than Baldwin did tbh.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

bigcc said:

dnc said:

He sucks.

Just stop talking.
    He had twice the yards of anyone else on Stanford his senior year. It was a mistake by the whole league that he want drafted. Harbaugh didn’t give him a good recommendation either. If Fuller is Baldwin, that’s great.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,349
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The HAWKS did pretty good with Stanford guys. You could say that they don't win a SB without them. Also Kearse from the Pac 12

We? don't suck after all!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,349
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

bigcc said:

dnc said:

He sucks.

Just stop talking.
    I'd be thrilled if somebody beat Fuller out because that means we have somebody even better than the guy who is going to play in the league.
    Fuck off doog. We want future 1st and 2nd round picks at WR like Ross and Dante. Not late round picks or UDFA who are basic for us but manage to make an NFL roster by the skin of their teeth because they get better and are heady and use crafty WR tricks of the trade to make plays and are cheap for GM's to sign. After all those plays Baldwin made for the Hawks, he was still paid chump change compared to the top receivers in the league. His greatest value was that he was easy to keep on the roster because of his low cap hit whereas guys like Golden Tate and Paul Richardson had higher market values and got PAID. I'm not rooting against Fuller. I want him to have a big season but obviously we want more talented guys as our go-to receivers.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

dnc said:

bigcc said:

dnc said:

He sucks.

Just stop talking.
    He had twice the yards of anyone else on Stanford his senior year. It was a mistake by the whole league that he want drafted. Harbaugh didn’t give him a good recommendation either. If Fuller is Baldwin, that’s great.
    It wasn't a mistake. Most small guys that aren't fast don't make it. The league was right to assume he was one of those guys who couldn't make it. He defied the odds. I see we got some bleeding heart 12's in here as well as bleeding heart doogs. The season being right around the corner has those doog juices flowing. :D