Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Franklin, 2021 5* WR, Menlo Park (Menlo-Artherton), CA (Offered 6/23)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

whuggy said:

I worry more about Urban Meyer going to USC than I do about Oregon landing Troy Franklin.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the last Oregon WR to be drafted in the 1st round was Ahmad Rashad in February of 1972. The Vietnam War ended in April of 1975. In the entirety of their program, Oregon has had only 3 WR’s selected in the the first three rounds (1-3) of the NFL Draft.

Just can't see Meyer to USC. Their well documented legal issues will be expensive and hiring a lightning rod just doesn't seem to match the current environment.
    I'm not as optimistic as you. Their many big dick boosters, and they are legion down there, will secure him. A dominating run will cure all of their financial woes and soar them into the black. And Urban has them in the playoff by year three tops.

There will be lots of PR about how Urban is reformed and spent this season in LA volunteering for abused women shelters when not on his Fox Sports LA gig etc etc.

It's coming.
    This. He gets all rested up and tanned, while the boosters secure the Brinks trunk next year. Hiring Urban is like guaranteeing yourself a NC at a blue blood. No expense will be spared to make this happen.
    Clay Helton would have to get fired first. Obviously the boosters don't control that or else he would have already been fired. Helton went 5-7 last season and Lynn Swann was strong in his support for him against massive fan disapproval of keeping him. If USC goes at least 8-4 this season, Helton is not getting fired.
    He's toast
    How was he not toast after last season tho? It doesn't make sense to retain him after 5-7 and all the ridiculous drama they went through and then fire him after the team improves to 8-4 or 9-3 the next season. For Helton to be fired, Lynn Swann will have to be fired too because he has Helton's back.
    Money issues. Also, the new early signing period moved the coach carousel timing up and caught SC with their pants down. That won't be the case again this year. They have already been scouting out his replacement. Only way Helton stays is $$$ isn't there to get rid of him and the AD continues to be a dumpster fire with bigger priorities.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

whuggy said:

I worry more about Urban Meyer going to USC than I do about Oregon landing Troy Franklin.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the last Oregon WR to be drafted in the 1st round was Ahmad Rashad in February of 1972. The Vietnam War ended in April of 1975. In the entirety of their program, Oregon has had only 3 WR’s selected in the the first three rounds (1-3) of the NFL Draft.

Just can't see Meyer to USC. Their well documented legal issues will be expensive and hiring a lightning rod just doesn't seem to match the current environment.
    I'm not as optimistic as you. Their many big dick boosters, and they are legion down there, will secure him. A dominating run will cure all of their financial woes and soar them into the black. And Urban has them in the playoff by year three tops.

There will be lots of PR about how Urban is reformed and spent this season in LA volunteering for abused women shelters when not on his Fox Sports LA gig etc etc.

It's coming.
    This. He gets all rested up and tanned, while the boosters secure the Brinks trunk next year. Hiring Urban is like guaranteeing yourself a NC at a blue blood. No expense will be spared to make this happen.
    Clay Helton would have to get fired first. Obviously the boosters don't control that or else he would have already been fired. Helton went 5-7 last season and Lynn Swann was strong in his support for him against massive fan disapproval of keeping him. If USC goes at least 8-4 this season, Helton is not getting fired.
    He's toast
    How was he not toast after last season tho? It doesn't make sense to retain him after 5-7 and all the ridiculous drama they went through and then fire him after the team improves to 8-4 or 9-3 the next season. For Helton to be fired, Lynn Swann will have to be fired too because he has Helton's back.
    Money issues. Also, the new early signing period moved the coach carousel timing up and caught SC with their pants down. That won't be the case again this year. They have already been scouting out his replacement. Only way Helton stays is $$$ isn't there to get rid of him and the AD continues to be a dumpster fire with bigger priorities.
    I think you underestimate how long they are capable of being a dumpster fire.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    See 18 new poasts and get excited for some Troy Franklin news but all I get is a bunch of Clay Helton hawt talk.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

whuggy said:

It's coming.
    He's toast
    I think you underestimate how long they are capable of being a dumpster fire.
    I never said otherwise, I'm just our doog in SoCal reporting on the Trooj situation. The reality is that unless he disproves that he's a loser coach by doing something like winning the South and/or winning a NY6 again the boosters are already done with him. They wanted him gone before THE BEGINNING of last season but other things kept them from firing him. They've been proven correct that he's a loser and only those other complications will keep him from being replaced yet again.

Obviously, I hope they continue to keep someone as upstanding as Helton in the face of all their other scandals. #FaithFamilyFootball
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Woof said:

See 18 new poasts and get excited for some Troy Franklin news but all I get is a bunch of Clay Helton hawt talk.

welcome to the off season!
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I ❤️ Clay Helton

As long as he’s there it means Washington, Oregon, and the SEC will be cleaning up SoCal and we don’t have to deal with USC’s legions of t-shirt fans. I’ve never met an actual USC grad who gives a fuck about football. I’m sure they exist, but USC was riding LA not having an NFL team. Now there’s two.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,480
    Swaye's Wigwam

I ❤️ Clay Helton

As long as he’s there it means Washington, Oregon, and the SEC will be cleaning up SoCal and we don’t have to deal with USC’s legions of t-shirt fans. I’ve never met an actual USC grad who gives a fuck about football. I’m sure they exist, but USC was riding LA not having an NFL team. Now there’s two.

Not even remotely true about SC grads.

And El oh fucking El coming from an Oregon fan.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I’ve never met an actual USC grad who gives a fuck about football.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I ❤️ Clay Helton

Are you like 12 years old and have no recollection of the usc machine running a train on the rest of the conference?

They have more fans and tradition than anyone in the conference. They just suck right now.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019

Gladstone said:

I’ve never met an actual USC grad who gives a fuck about football.

I was at a wedding two months ago, in the LA area. The bridge and groom met at USC, sat at a table with vapid USC dudes and their wives/girlfriends. No one knew anything about football or cared about it. They did love volleyball though. One dude thought they won the conference title last year. My ex did her undergrad and masters at USC, all her friends didn’t give two shits about football. I’m sure there are some REAL trooojans who care, I just haven’t met any.
    Pics of all the women or GTFO.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

From JHOP's SNL preview:

At Washington, Franklin is being recruited by wide receiver coach Junior Adams. He felt like the staff showed him a lot of love when he was in Seattle.

Clemson is the only offer Franklin has been waiting for that he really covets, and he admitted that it could be a game-changer.

I’d say Washington leads at the moment. But there is a lot of time left on the recruiting clock, and this weekend could give the Ducks a great chance to become contenders and advocate for a return trip during a regular season game.

All Clemson
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

This infuriates me.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373

The dude was so good at Rising Stars Camp it hurt my brain. He made McMillan look like Forest Dunivin (exaggeration for emphasis).

Hmm, his screen name is @DefinitelyNotCoker but I get the sneaking suspicion that this might be @CokeGreaterThanPepsi.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2019

The dude was so good at Rising Stars Camp it hurt my brain. He made McMillan look like Forest Dunivin (exaggeration for emphasis).

Hmm, his screen name is @DefinitelyNotCoker but I get the sneaking suspicion that this might be @CokeGreaterThanPepsi.
    I doubt it. The real @CokeGreaterThanPepsi would not have the time to take away from the Bowdowntowashington.com empire to visit this place for a meaningful amount of time.

It could be one of his assistants posting as him