Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sawyer Racanelli 3* WR/LB 2020, Brush Prairie (Hockinson), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    A modern day warrior
    Mean, mean stride
    Today's Tom Sawyer
    Mean, mean pride

Though his mind is not for rent
    Don't put him down as arrogant
    He reserves the quiet defense
    Riding out the day's events
    The river

What you say about his company
    Is what you say about society
    Catch the mist, catch the myth
    Catch the mystery, catch the drift

The world is, the world is
    Love and life are deep
    Maybe as his skies are wide
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,923 Swaye's Wigwam

He’s not grayshirting. He will enroll on time and be with on the team in a year. JFC people. A small ACL tear isn’t a big deal. According to the paper he did it a month ago and has been walking around with it for a few weeks.

Agree that it’s not a big deal. People can walk with an ACL tear. It’s the surgery that fucks you up and keeps a person from walking.
    Yep.

Here's a little personal knee history from a short white guy. I injured my left knee in a basketball game as a freshman in HS. It was bad and I knew it because I felt and heard it happen...very deep, defined but muted popping/cracking type of feel. You just know something gave. I walked all around on it that night, and more painfully the next day, then it started feeling better rapidly. A little over a week and I was full go in practice.

I took the floor in another game just over two weeks after it happened. It felt fine...utill I turned the ball over, chased down the guy, and tried to heroically block his layup. I fouled him and we both came down in a heap, with much of my weight on my left leg. It popped and cracked some more, and the routine was much the same as the first incident. This time I called it a season though.

Fast forward to sophomore year hoops. Preseason went fine and I was pumped for the first game. In warmups I went for my signature left handed layup,..I liked to show off my lefty skills as a right hander so I rolled it off the glass, and palmed the glass as I liked to do. I was too focused on looking pretty

Partial tears don't heal back to 100% and it's just a matter of time before it fully tears. Do not fuck this kid up like you did Hunter Bryant. If it's a partial tear, he still needs surgery to rip that shit out and replace it or else he will fully tear it later and one injury will become two.

I honestly dont disagree quite honestly.

Been there, done that. The next instance was much worse and made me long for a simple ACL tear.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,923 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucking aborted post rears its ugly head again. Became tequila long and I wasn't half way done. Sorry fucktards.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,494 Swaye's Wigwam
    My knee surgery sob story:

Summer before freshman year in high school, I'm playing a very not-acceptable-in-2019-named footballish game at a friend's birthday party, feel a big pop in my left knee, definitely weird things going on in there. There's an amazing orthopedic surgeon locally, guy who has worked with professional athletes and whatnot, and so I get on the wait list for this guy. The surgery was going to happen right after my freshman football season, so I just played on it. About once per game, I'd twist it weird, the bottom half of my leg would pop out of position relative to the upper half, and a bulge of cartilage would stick out of the side of my knee. I'd have to limp off the field, sit down, push the cartilage back into the joint with my fingers, work the knee back and forth a few times, then I'd be back into the game.

Doc did a scope after the season, ended up cutting a large amount of the meniscus out. Woke up with an ace bandage around my knee and spent the night at a friend's house straight from the hospital. Three weeks later, I was jogging and doing light lifts.

One year later, as a sophomore, I've worked my way to a starting position by the end of the first week of practice. Bend down to pick up a knee pad after my last two-a-day, and feel/hear that familiar pop, only this time in my other knee. Don't want to miss a season, so I scheduled the soonest surgery I could get with what turned out to be the shittiest surgeon in the area. What I expected to be another simple scope turned out to be anything but. Woke up to this massive cast-like thing from groin to foot that had an ice water bladder inside, wrapped around the knee, fed by a small Igloo cooler. I wasn't able to get off the couch for two weeks, pain was excruciating, was in an immobilizer brace for a month after that. Fucking doctor decided--while I was out cold on the table--that my massive meniscus tear looked like a perfect candidate for a new technique he had just learned at a conference. Instead of cutting the torn piece out, you suture it through the scope and try to get it to heal. FS idea, as cartilage and ligaments are notorious for healing impossibly slowly due to lack of blood flow. Tore it even worse almost immediately after getting the brace off.

Didn't want to miss yet another season, so made the dumbass mistake of going back to the same FS surgeon because, of course, his schedule's wide open. This time, this motherfucker makes the executive decision while I was on the table to shoot a scope through my patella because he suspected that there was something more going on behind it. There wasn't. It was a wasted fifth hole that more than doubled the recovery time. And led to a nearly immediate new tear during the first game of my junior season. Said, "Fuck it" this time, scheduled another procedure with the good surgeon for after the season, played on the tear the rest of the year, and then had it done right.

I never had a problem with my left knee after the surgeon who knew his ass from a hole in the ground simply cut out the tear. And my right knee? This same guy was so damned good that this time I wasn't even knocked out. Local anesthetic, quick snip snip, directly off the operating table and onto a treadmill to prevent scar tissue and swelling. I was full sprint less than a month later.

Long story short, the surgeon makes all the difference, this shit never heals right on its own, and Ballz is spot on with this one.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,321 Swaye's Wigwam
    Had a partial MCL tear, no surgery needed, did PT, rebuilt strength, no real issues since. Going in and fixing a partial tear, that will heal, with PT and movement does not immediately equate to a re-tear.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Had a partial MCL tear, no surgery needed, did PT, rebuilt strength, no real issues since. Going in and fixing a partial tear, that will heal, with PT and movement does not immediately equate to a re-tear.

Not all partial tears are created equally.

A shame such a captain obvious statement has to be made.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

Sorry, bro, but a MCL tear is not an ACL or even PCL or LCL. MCLs heal the fastest and most don't require surgery. Complete different prognosis and recovery.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,321 Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

Sorry, bro, but a MCL tear is not an ACL or even PCL or LCL. MCLs heal the fastest and most don't require surgery. Complete different prognosis and recovery.
    That's completely understood ... bro. Need for surgery is completely dependent on the type and extent of the tear. At this point it's all just speculation, but if his doctor is telling them surgery isn't needed, then maybe trust the doctor?

Surgery isn't a guaranteed fix either, just ask Deante Cooper.
  • fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    Meek said:

Thank god we have all these surgeons who are members of the boards.

I have a degree with the word 'doctor' in it, but I'm not to be relied upon for medical advice.
  • fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    Did you call for a doctor? Cause I'm about to examine that prostate.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,494 Swaye's Wigwam
    So this was just the scope to check it out or did he actually get the full surgery?