Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sawyer Racanelli 3* WR/LB 2020, Brush Prairie (Hockinson), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,283
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Fuck.

You make my head hurt.
    Cade Otton
    MJ Ale
    Kyler Gordon
    Emeka Egbuka

How are they relevant?
    You made a comment about putting up numbers and 2A competition. All of them played 2A ball. Two of those guys likely start this year. One is a 5 star in a 2A school.
    What the fuck are you talking about? I never said shit about "putting up numbers against 2A competition." I said he's lucky he got offered by UW with so little exposure playing against 2A competition and not doing any elite camps to prove himself against elite competition. MJ Ale played 3A ball. Emeka Egbuka and Kyler Gordan are both FSP guys that did all the camps and 7on7 stuff to prove themselves against elite competition. Cade Otton is the one guy similar to Raccanelli. Going back to when Cade was in high school and not knowing that he would become a good player for us, had he torn his ACL and we heard the coaches wanted to gray shirt him everybody would have thought "sure, that makes sense".

Jesus people just want to argue about the dumbest shit. Gray shirting is common place at major programs across the nation. Sure, it hasn't happened at UW under Petersen much but that doesn't mean it COULDN'T happen in the future. What's the fucking point of arguing about something so minimal that might not even happen?
    Fife is a 2A school. They were 'playing up' but they were playing in the fucking Seamount League. For reference, Tyee was in the fucking Seamount League. The coaches prefer seeing the talent in pads, not spandex. It's why kids playing every down for FSP are still only getting offers from Sacramento State, which is still good compared to their peers, but when they put the pads on, they aren't leading their teams to state championships. Racanelli was playing hoops, and baseball. Kid put up numbers on Offense and Defense, with pads on.

I agree, you do argue about the dumbest shit.
    I'm not the one instigating the argument. You and the other bleeding heart doog are the ones arguing like you're close personal friends with Sawyer and have his back and how dare anyone suggest he gray shirt. Jesus. Take your meds and calm down.
    Because it doesn't make logical sense. As others have pointed out, he'll be recovered well within that time, and why wouldn't you want him then getting strength training under socha, getting on campus and knocking out some general eds?

I dont know why people irrationally hate SR. If you watch his tape, and look at his numbers in pads, the kid is a baller who is multifaceted.
    I think you know why people irrationally hate SR.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,315
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You make my head hurt.
    Cade Otton
    MJ Ale
    Kyler Gordon
    Emeka Egbuka

How are they relevant?
    You made a comment about putting up numbers and 2A competition. All of them played 2A ball. Two of those guys likely start this year. One is a 5 star in a 2A school.
    What the fuck are you talking about? I never said shit about "putting up numbers against 2A competition." I said he's lucky he got offered by UW with so little exposure playing against 2A competition and not doing any elite camps to prove himself against elite competition. MJ Ale played 3A ball. Emeka Egbuka and Kyler Gordan are both FSP guys that did all the camps and 7on7 stuff to prove themselves against elite competition. Cade Otton is the one guy similar to Raccanelli. Going back to when Cade was in high school and not knowing that he would become a good player for us, had he torn his ACL and we heard the coaches wanted to gray shirt him everybody would have thought "sure, that makes sense".

Jesus people just want to argue about the dumbest shit. Gray shirting is common place at major programs across the nation. Sure, it hasn't happened at UW under Petersen much but that doesn't mean it COULDN'T happen in the future. What's the fucking point of arguing about something so minimal that might not even happen?
    Fife is a 2A school. They were 'playing up' but they were playing in the fucking Seamount League. For reference, Tyee was in the fucking Seamount League. The coaches prefer seeing the talent in pads, not spandex. It's why kids playing every down for FSP are still only getting offers from Sacramento State, which is still good compared to their peers, but when they put the pads on, they aren't leading their teams to state championships. Racanelli was playing hoops, and baseball. Kid put up numbers on Offense and Defense, with pads on.

I'm not the one instigating the argument. You and the other bleeding heart doog are the ones arguing like you're close personal friends with Sawyer and have his back and how dare anyone suggest he gray shirt. Jesus. Take your meds and calm down.
    Because it doesn't make logical sense. As others have pointed out, he'll be recovered well within that time, and why wouldn't you want him then getting strength training under socha, getting on campus and knocking out some general eds?

I dont know why people irrationally hate SR. If you watch his tape, and look at his numbers in pads, the kid is a baller who is multifaceted.
    I don't think anyone here irrationally hates Racanelli. Even Ballz likes him, he's just trying to get a two-for-one deal on talented players in this class that wouldn't work and doesn't make sense in the real world because he's too good to settle for a greyshirt. Racanelli is an elite both-sides-of-the-ball athlete. That's why UW accepted a commitment from him so early. They're not going to risk losing him.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019

You make my head hurt.
    Cade Otton
    MJ Ale
    Kyler Gordon
    Emeka Egbuka

How are they relevant?

I don't think anyone here irrationally hates Racanelli. Even Ballz likes him, he's just trying to get a two-for-one deal on talented players in this class that wouldn't work and doesn't make sense in the real world because he's too good to settle for a greyshirt. Racanelli is an elite both-sides-of-the-ball athlete. That's why UW accepted a commitment from him so early. They're not going to risk losing him.
    He's an in-state kid who only wants to go to UW. There wouldn't be a risk of losing him.
  • Options

He’s not going to enroll for 12 months. He doesn’t need to be grayshirted. Miki Ah You wasn’t why would they do it to Sawyer?

Frees up a scholarship in this class.
    Why would you grey shirt him when he'll be 100% recovered before fall camp when he joins the team?
    So they can take Gary Bryant and Rome Odunze if both want in.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,538
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He’s not going to enroll for 12 months. He doesn’t need to be grayshirted. Miki Ah You wasn’t why would they do it to Sawyer?

Frees up a scholarship in this class.
    Why would you grey shirt him when he'll be 100% recovered before fall camp when he joins the team?
    So they can take Gary Bryant and Rome Odunze if both want in.
    There is nothing about his situation that adds up to grey shirting. He will be ready to play.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

You make my head hurt.
    Cade Otton
    MJ Ale
    Kyler Gordon
    Emeka Egbuka

How are they relevant?

He's an in-state kid who only wants to go to UW. There wouldn't be a risk of losing him.
    U need professional help
  • Options
    edited July 2019

He’s not grayshirting. He will enroll on time and be with on the team in a year. JFC people. A small ACL tear isn’t a big deal. According to the paper he did it a month ago and has been walking around with it for a few weeks.

I never said he was. People continue to instigate an argument about dumb shit.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He’s not grayshirting. He will enroll on time and be with on the team in a year. JFC people. A small ACL tear isn’t a big deal. According to the paper he did it a month ago and has been walking around with it for a few weeks.

I know, right???
  • Options
    edited July 2019

If Damone has to come in and correct the record on a recruiting issue, you know you're Ballz wrong.
    There's nothing to be wrong about. I never said he is going to be gray shirted. I made simple suggestion. You don't agree? Cool, ignore it and move on. Don't start some retarded argument about it like it's a big fucking deal. How did 12 month recoveries from ACL tears work out for Quenten Pounds and Deontae Cooper? I'm not a doctor, but maybe an extra 6 months to heal before starting his eligibility clock would be beneficial to his college career? Maybe his chances of tearing it again would be lessened? I don't know. It was a suggestion for his sake and for the talent acquisition of this class in which we may not have enough roster attrition to have a scholarship available for a must take guy, therefore, gray shirting an injured commit could be a possibility in order to fit that must take guy into the class. But again, I have no idea if it will happen or not or if it's even a possibility and neither do you.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,283
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

My gawd, I've never before seen such a perfect example of gaslighting.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree that it’s not a big deal. People can walk with an ACL tear. It’s the surgery that fucks you up and keeps a person from walking.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    He was going to redshirt anyways so not worried
  • Options
    TheGhost206TheGhost206 Member Posts: 97
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes

If Damone has to come in and correct the record on a recruiting issue, you know you're Ballz wrong.
    There's nothing to be wrong about. I never said he is going to be gray shirted. I made simple suggestion. You don't agree? Cool, ignore it and move on. Don't start some retarded argument about it like it's a big fucking deal. How did 12 month recoveries from ACL tears work out for Quenten Pounds and Deontae Cooper? I'm not a doctor, but maybe an extra 6 months to heal before starting his eligibility clock would be beneficial to his college career? Maybe his chances of tearing it again would be lessened? I don't know. It was a suggestion for his sake and for the talent acquisition of this class in which we may not have enough roster attrition to have a scholarship available for a must take guy, therefore, gray shirting an injured commit could be a possibility in order to fit that must take guy into the class. But again, I have no idea if it will happen or not or if it's even a possibility and neither do you.
    You don't say :D
  • Options

You don't say :D
    Typed from your mom's basement while wearing cum stained sweat pants.