Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sawyer Racanelli 3* WR/LB 2020, Brush Prairie (Hockinson), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

No one is even mentioning Racanelli even though his film is transcendent.

I don’t wanna believe in jinxing people, but MAN.
    Kiss of death lol
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

He’s not going to enroll for 12 months. He doesn’t need to be grayshirted. Miki Ah You wasn’t why would they do it to Sawyer?

Frees up a scholarship in this class.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He’s not going to enroll for 12 months. He doesn’t need to be grayshirted. Miki Ah You wasn’t why would they do it to Sawyer?

True, dude but miki for the limited time last year looked fucking elite
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Eason, Onwuzurike, Bryant and Taylor are all early entry candidates. We have Chin, Rice, Soderberg as potential couch sellers. We will have plenty of room.
    edited July 2019

Fuck off, you don't greyshirt a talent like Racanelli. That's a slap in the face. It also opens the door for any other school to offer him a spot in their 2020 class to enroll on time and poach him.

Christ, for how obsessed you are with recruiting it's incredible how unable you are to think basic shit through.
    I like him but he's lucky he got an offer playing at the 2A level and not doing a lot of camps. Asking an injured player to gray shirt is not a slap in the face. He should be grateful to still have a scholarship post-injury when a lot of schools drop injured guys. Having to wait a little longer to enroll is not a big deal. I'm just saying, if a guy like Jaden Navarrette wants to flip to UW at the last minute in February, UW may need to push Raccanelli's scholarship back to the 2021 class to fit a must take guy like that into the class. I think some more time for his body to develop would allow the coaches to more accurately understand where he fits best position wise.

Eason, Onwuzurike, Bryant and Taylor are all early entry candidates. We have Chin, Rice, Soderberg as potential couch sellers. We will have plenty of room.
    We're hoping the players in bold all stay for their Senior seasons.
    edited July 2019

Fuck off, you don't greyshirt a talent like Racanelli. That's a slap in the face. It also opens the door for any other school to offer him a spot in their 2020 class to enroll on time and poach him.

Christ, for how obsessed you are with recruiting it's incredible how unable you are to think basic shit through.
    I like him but he's lucky he got an offer playing at the 2A level and not doing a lot of camps. Asking an injured player to gray shirt is not a slap in the face. He should be grateful to still have a scholarship post-injury when a lot of schools drop injured guys. Having to wait a little longer to enroll is not a big deal. I'm just saying, if a guy like Jaden Navarrette wants to flip to UW at the last minute in February, UW may need to push Raccanelli's scholarship back to the 2021 class to fit a must take guy like that into the class.
    After everything you've seen of Pete you really think he'd pull some shit like that? He wouldn't even do that for the lowest recruit in the class, let alone a stud like Racanelli. And you wouldn't push him to the next class. You'd push him to another school.
    Big boy programs do it all the time. I don't understand why you think it's such a slap in the face. It's not a slap in the face and has nothing to do with his talent level. It's about trying to acquire the most amount of talent possible.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I like him but he's lucky he got an offer playing at the 2A level and not doing a lot of camps. Asking an injured player to gray shirt is not a slap in the face. He should be grateful to still have a scholarship post-injury when a lot of schools drop injured guys. Having to wait a little longer to enroll is not a big deal. I'm just saying, if a guy like Jaden Navarrette wants to flip to UW at the last minute in February, UW may need to push Raccanelli's scholarship back to the 2021 class to fit a must take guy like that into the class.
    After everything you've seen of Pete you really think he'd pull some shit like that? He wouldn't even do that for the lowest recruit in the class, let alone a stud like Racanelli. And you wouldn't push him to the next class. You'd push him to another school.
    Big boy programs do it all the time. I don't understand why you think it's such a slap in the face. It's not a slap in the face and has nothing to do with his talent level. It's about trying to acquire the most amount of talent possible.
    Because no high school kid, let alone a top tier athlete, wants to sit at home for an extra fall while all of his peers enroll, train at an elite level, and fuck top notch strange at college. And for most greyshirt players it's the first time in a decade they've gone a season without being a part of an organized football team. Greyshirting fucking sucks and only kids with no leverage do it.
    edited July 2019

Because no high school kid, let alone a top tier athlete, wants to sit at home for an extra fall while all of his peers enroll, train at an elite level, and fuck top notch strange at college. And for most greyshirt players it's the first time in a decade they've gone a season without being a part of an organized football team. Greyshirting fucking sucks and only kids with no leverage do it.
    Kids that want to go to big time programs but get injured in high school do it all the time. It's not a big deal. I don't give a fuck about his feelings or what he wants to do. It's about bringing in as much talent as possible. Will it happen? I don't know, probably not. It was just a suggestion you bleeding heart fuck. We've entered big boy recruiting territory. Some things that haven't happened before might start happening in order to take must take guys late in the cycle.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You make my head hurt.

Cade Otton
    MJ Ale
    Kyler Gordon
    Emeka Egbuka

You make my head hurt.

Cade Otton
    MJ Ale
    Kyler Gordon
    Emeka Egbuka

How are they relevant?
    edited July 2019

You make my head hurt.
    Cade Otton
    MJ Ale
    Kyler Gordon
    Emeka Egbuka

How are they relevant?
    You made a comment about putting up numbers and 2A competition. All of them played 2A ball. Two of those guys likely start this year. One is a 5 star in a 2A school.
    What the fuck are you talking about? I never said shit about "putting up numbers against 2A competition." I said he's lucky he got offered by UW with so little exposure playing against 2A competition and not doing any elite camps to prove himself against elite competition. MJ Ale played 3A ball. Emeka Egbuka and Kyler Gordan are both FSP guys that did all the camps and 7on7 stuff to prove themselves against elite competition. Cade Otton is the one guy similar to Raccanelli. Going back to when Cade was in high school and not knowing he would become a good player for us, had he torn his ACL and we heard the coaches wanted to gray shirt him everybody would have thought "sure, that makes sense".

Jesus people just want to argue about the dumbest shit. Gray shirting is common place at major programs across the nation. Sure, it hasn't happened at UW under Petersen much but that doesn't mean it COULDN'T happen in the future. What's the fucking point of arguing about something so minimal that might not even happen?
    edited July 2019

You make my head hurt.
    Cade Otton
    MJ Ale
    Kyler Gordon
    Emeka Egbuka

How are they relevant?
    You made a comment about putting up numbers and 2A competition. All of them played 2A ball. Two of those guys likely start this year. One is a 5 star in a 2A school.
    What the fuck are you talking about? I never said shit about "putting up numbers against 2A competition." I said he's lucky he got offered by UW with so little exposure playing against 2A competition and not doing any elite camps to prove himself against elite competition. MJ Ale played 3A ball. Emeka Egbuka and Kyler Gordan are both FSP guys that did all the camps and 7on7 stuff to prove themselves against elite competition. Cade Otton is the one guy similar to Raccanelli. Going back to when Cade was in high school and not knowing that he would become a good player for us, had he torn his ACL and we heard the coaches wanted to gray shirt him everybody would have thought "sure, that makes sense".

Jesus people just want to argue about the dumbest shit. Gray shirting is common place at major programs across the nation. Sure, it hasn't happened at UW under Petersen much but that doesn't mean it COULDN'T happen in the future. What's the fucking point of arguing about something so minimal that might not even happen?
    Fife is a 2A school. They were 'playing up' but they were playing in the fucking Seamount League. For reference, Tyee was in the fucking Seamount League. The coaches prefer seeing the talent in pads, not spandex. It's why kids playing every down for FSP are still only getting offers from Sacramento State, which is still good compared to their peers, but when they put the pads on, they aren't leading their teams to state championships. Racanelli was playing hoops, and baseball. Kid put up numbers on Offense and Defense, with pads on.

I agree, you do argue about the dumbest shit.
    I'm not the one instigating the argument. You and the other bleeding heart doog are the ones arguing like you're close personal friends with Sawyer and have his back and how dare anyone suggest he gray shirt. Jesus. Take your meds and calm down.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

You make my head hurt.
    Cade Otton
    MJ Ale
    Kyler Gordon
    Emeka Egbuka

How are they relevant?
    What the fuck are you talking about? I never said shit about "putting up numbers against 2A competition." I said he's lucky he got offered by UW with so little exposure playing against 2A competition and not doing any elite camps to prove himself against elite competition. MJ Ale played 3A ball. Emeka Egbuka and Kyler Gordan are both FSP guys that did all the camps and 7on7 stuff to prove themselves against elite competition. Cade Otton is the one guy similar to Raccanelli. Going back to when Cade was in high school and not knowing that he would become a good player for us, had he torn his ACL and we heard the coaches wanted to gray shirt him everybody would have thought "sure, that makes sense".

Fife is a 2A school. They were 'playing up' but they were playing in the fucking Seamount League. For reference, Tyee was in the fucking Seamount League. The coaches prefer seeing the talent in pads, not spandex. It's why kids playing every down for FSP are still only getting offers from Sacramento State, which is still good compared to their peers, but when they put the pads on, they aren't leading their teams to state championships. Racanelli was playing hoops, and baseball. Kid put up numbers on Offense and Defense, with pads on.

I agree, you do argue about the dumbest shit.
    I'm not the one instigating the argument. You and the other bleeding heart doog are the ones arguing like you're close personal friends with Sawyer and have his back and how dare anyone suggest he gray shirt. Jesus. Take your meds and calm down.
    IPOTD

I=ironic