Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Uniforms

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I clearly don't have enough passion about our uniforms to comment here. That's some Big Ballz Energy I just can't compete with.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2019

dflea said:

Are you fucking kidding me!? Those uniforms are fucking trash! Still no pant stripes for another FOUR fucking years!? How can these retards still not get it and continue to destroy our branding and tradition. It's so fucking easy to design our uniforms and they still can't figure it the fuck out! Imagine if LSU just decided to remove the stripes down the sides of their pants. Their fans would be rioting in the streets! We want our Washington Husky uniforms back! We want our fucking pant stripes! Back when the old school jerseys had sleeves they had two purple stripes on the sleeves of the white jerseys. You bump those stripes up the side of the shoulder on the modern jerseys like the Dallas Cowboys' uniforms.

The lettering should be basic block lettering with no gold trim around the edges. Just basic white block lettering on the purple jerseys and basic purple block lettering on the white jerseys.

No more fucking black uniforms or black accents ANYWHERE.

Only alternate uniforms should be ALL Purple or ALL white so the kids can have their options and swag. White pants should have pant stripes as well.

If this is true and our uniforms look like fucking Georgia Tech's uniforms y'all need to turn up on Twitter when they release this shit and trash the fuck out of them. I don't care if you think they're a "slight improvement" over the Nike ones. Anything less than our fucking traditional uniforms is unacceptable. Simply not having the pant stripes back again is unacceptable!

Don James took off the pant stripes and proceeded to win 3 Pac titles in a row. Plus a Natty.
    That's right - because fucking clothes don't win championships. Bama and their plain old red and white assraped us with our nifty Nike clothes, so I don't really give a fuck about what we were wearing.

After we signed up Jalen McMillan earlier this week and a punter with a 60-yard leg, I could really give a fuck about the unis at this point.

Pink tutus and all that.

Just win fucking games.
    This is what got us to 0-12. Apathy. Not having the SEC level of passion to care about every single detail about the program and demanding that shit gets fixed and our traditions don't get trampled on or slowly chiseled away. Uniforms are also huge for recruiting. Recruits love the swag of putting on LSU uniforms because their uniforms are fucking classic. Ours have been fucked up by retards too many times to count and are not classic college football uniforms like LSU and USC have and it's a huge part of their branding and a problem for ours. To be able to put on that classic uniform at those schools is an honor for kids. At UW, our uniforms are just basic ass uniforms when they should be classics. Sure, Jalen McMillan doesn't give a fuck about uniforms. But these days he's the rare exception, not the rule.
    Fuck off, you twat. You're arguing both sides of the fence with your slobbering on bama's cock while saying we need new Oregon type swag. No we don't - we need great players and coaches and a great looking uniform would be nice.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Are you fucking kidding me!? Those uniforms are fucking trash! Still no pant stripes for another FOUR fucking years!? How can these retards still not get it and continue to destroy our branding and tradition. It's so fucking easy to design our uniforms and they still can't figure it the fuck out! Imagine if LSU just decided to remove the stripes down the sides of their pants. Their fans would be rioting in the streets! We want our Washington Husky uniforms back! We want our fucking pant stripes! Back when the old school jerseys had sleeves they had two purple stripes on the sleeves of the white jerseys. You bump those stripes up the side of the shoulder on the modern jerseys like the Dallas Cowboys' uniforms.

The lettering should be basic block lettering with no gold trim around the edges. Just basic white block lettering on the purple jerseys and basic purple block lettering on the white jerseys.

No more fucking black uniforms or black accents ANYWHERE.

Only alternate uniforms should be ALL Purple or ALL white so the kids can have their options and swag. White pants should have pant stripes as well.

If this is true and our uniforms look like fucking Georgia Tech's uniforms y'all need to turn up on Twitter when they release this shit and trash the fuck out of them. I don't care if you think they're a "slight improvement" over the Nike ones. Anything less than our fucking traditional uniforms is unacceptable. Simply not having the pant stripes back again is unacceptable!

Don James took off the pant stripes and proceeded to win 3 Pac titles in a row. Plus a Natty.
    That's right - because fucking clothes don't win championships. Bama and their plain old red and white assraped us with our nifty Nike clothes, so I don't really give a fuck about what we were wearing.

After we signed up Jalen McMillan earlier this week and a punter with a 60-yard leg, I could really give a fuck about the unis at this point.

Pink tutus and all that.

Just win fucking games.
    This is what got us to 0-12. Apathy. Not having the SEC level of passion to care about every single detail about the program and demanding that shit gets fixed and our traditions don't get trampled on or slowly chiseled away. Uniforms are also huge for recruiting. Recruits love the swag of putting on LSU uniforms because their uniforms are fucking classic. Ours have been fucked up by retards too many times to count and are not classic college football uniforms like LSU and USC have and it's a huge part of their branding and a problem for ours. To be able to put on that classic uniform at those schools is an honor for kids. At UW, our uniforms are just basic ass uniforms when they should be classics. Sure, Jalen McMillan doesn't give a fuck about uniforms. But these days he's the rare exception, not the rule.
    Fuck off, you twat. You're arguing both sides of the fence with your slobbering on bama's cock while saying we need new Oregon type swag. No we don't - we need great players and coaches and a great looking uniform would be nice.
    I'm not saying we need Oregon type swag you idiot! I'm saying the exact fucking opposite. We need quality traditional uniforms that remain unchanged for decades and become classic and iconic uniforms within college football. That includes the home and away uniforms as well as a couple of alternates. In no way is having a couple alternate uniforms that are still within a traditional design anything like what Oregon does with their constantly changing uniforms. Not a contradiction. I want UW to be a blue blood program. All the blue blood programs around the nation have classic traditional uniforms that recruits are honored to wear. We don't and it's a problem.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

that black and purple uniform could possibly be the ugliest, least compelling uniform I have ever seen in my life. It makes absolutely no sense that anyone could have ever approved that as the look and feel of the University of Washington.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

that black and purple uniform could possibly be the ugliest, least compelling uniform I have ever seen in my life. It makes absolutely no sense that anyone could have ever approved that as the look and feel of the University of Washington.
    As long as they bring block white numerals its all good.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Meek said:

Disgustingly racist as always
    Big beautiful WHITE numbers. Hopefully an all white road uni-helmet combo too. Celebrate whiteness J. Im a proud 3/4 white Swede-afro american. #whiteandproud
    White jerseys with white numbers would be awesome.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PurpleJ said:

Meek said:

Big beautiful WHITE numbers. Hopefully an all white road uni-helmet combo too. Celebrate whiteness J. Im a proud 3/4 white Swede-afro american. #whiteandproud
    Oregon got close

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,946
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Meek said:

Oregon got close

Was this picture taken in Chiang Mai?
    It was part of Larry’s tour to increase viewership of the pac-12 networks in the asias.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

Balls doesn’t know who Greg Lewis is but he’s crying about pant stripes that haven’t existed since he enrolled.

The pant stripe is literally the least significant thing anyone has asked for. Block letters? Yes. Fix the colors? Yes. Get rid of black accents? Hell yes.

Pant stripes? NOGAF

Without them we're the Colorado or UCLA of the North. You just don't fucking get it. You can't go from having pant stripes to not having them. It destroys the brand. We will never be perceived as a blue blood program until we have classic uniforms the likes of USC and LSU and others and that includes the Washington Husky uniforms having pant stripes like they traditionally should. It's not some fucking minor detail. It's bigger than the font of the fucking numbers you idiot. It's a uniform tradition that no blue blood program in the fucking nation fucks with!
  • Options
    TheDawgFan1227TheDawgFan1227 Member Posts: 335
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The only thing I hope they keep are the american flag helmets