Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Watch Talk: getting out of work edition

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Helping my sister move from Moorpark to Thousand Oaks right now and decided to sit down and pretend to "need to do something for work".

But really I'll just add some pics of my current everyday wearer that I'm obsessed with, the Oris Divers 65.

Mine is the 42mm version with blue dial. This thing pays tribute to their dive watch from 1965 but with modern flare.

It feels incredibly comfortable on the wrist and absolutely love that I can bang it around without having a heart attack because of it's brushed finish.

The domed Sapphire Crystal really adds a nice touch for me plus depending on the angle will change the dial from blue to black and everywhere in between.

Also not really a religious person, but the clasp sort of looks like a cross, making it hard not to feel blessed and secure when putting it on and taking it off.

I can post more about Oris if anyone cares, but this post kept me from lifting boxes for about 30 minutes and it's time to go.

You’re Asian? Or a chick?
    Half Puerto Rican. 23 and me shows a lot of Mediterranean blood. There are the hairy types and the tan types. I'm the latter.
    So you’re gay. Got it.
    No - Rolex and other nice mechanical watches watches are pretty much the opposite of gay.
    Did I say anything about watches? Try to follow along.
    I followed along just fine. You implied Puerto Rican gayness. And I said a cool, mechanical watch collection was evidence of being pretty hetero. Just like I give you a pass for good old fart C2 Times.
    Why would you think I implied being Puerto Rican is gay? That makes no sense.

Come on man!
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Collecting pointless expensive watches while shitting on people who's even more pointless expensive watches are covered in diamonds is like being this guy:

and making fun of this guy:

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I remember my expensive watch collection phase.

My phase has gone on 10 years. FML
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019

Collecting pointless expensive watches while shitting on people who's even more pointless expensive watches are covered in diamonds is like being this guy:

I hate you now. Truck nuts are awesome and I'll fight anyone who says different.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

@Doogles

I like the Connie. I have zero two tones but have been on a real kick with TT lately. Thought I might buy one (Yachtmaster), but a few other watches have turned my head the last several weeks. Still negotiating/searching, but if any of my watch plans come to fruition you all will be the first to know. Here are some hints - keep in mind there are multiple watches I am on the prowl for so these hints are sort of mixed up....

Too much of a good thing.
    Adrian!
    Destination Moon.
    Marine Nationale.
    It sometimes snows in France.
    Last One.

edit: The hints above are for three separate watches I am looking at. All mixed up. Nobody probably gives a fuck about my game.

Ooh I like games!

You're looking for a Panerai for sure with the Sly Stallone and Italian Navy hints.

Speedmaster Pro, perhaps the 50 year

And I'm guessing a tt yachtmaster 2 because you said so

The yachtmaster 2 all gold is my Grail watch. I haven't really seen a tt in person, but I'd be just as satisfied with an all stainless ym2 and several thousands richer. I love the dial on that watch so much the gold doesn't add much for me, at least in pics.
    You are very close on two of them, and totally off the mark on the other. Good job though sussing something out. Care to guess on a Panerai model? You made model guesses on both the Rolex and the Speedy.
    Considering the price points and your ability to fly I'm thinking this

https://www.panerai.com/us/en/collections/watch-collection/luminor/pam00335-luminor-gmt-10-days---44mm.html

Or since I know you got a guy maybe you have a connect on a bronzo
    44MM is a good guess. Bronzo not so much. I never warmed to the Bronzo, or the Fiddy. 47MM? FFS
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I hate you now. Truck nuts are awesome and I'll fight anyone who says different.
    I know you're probably too busy painting the nursery and reading "What to Expect When You're Expecting" to listen to a podcast, but The Dollop did an episode on the invention of--and subsequent intellectual property battle over--truck nuts, and it's funny as fuck.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

With your background I’m surprised this one’s not on your radar.

https://www.marathonwatch.com/collections/air/products/search-rescue-pilots-automatic-chronograph-csar

46 MM = too big
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I know you're probably too busy painting the nursery and reading "What to Expect When You're Expecting" to listen to a podcast, but The Dollop did an episode on the invention of--and subsequent intellectual property battle over--truck nuts, and it's funny as fuck.
    I'll give it a listen while putting the diaper genie together tomorrow. FML
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,589
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    There's nothing hetero about non mechanical watches
  • Options
    Founders Club

Thread. Anytime I see a guy with an Apple watch I wonder how many dicks hes sucked.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Swaye said:

Thread. Anytime I see a guy with an Apple watch I wonder how many dicks hes sucked.
    It's basically "I'm not going to take a couple days to learn a bit of taste, plus I'm an apple fag"

So yeah. Gay.

Like shit man, you've got 500 bucks get a Hamilton field watch or a seiko diver

If the shit don't wind.....you might be a faggot
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

It's basically "I'm not going to take a couple days to learn a bit of taste, plus I'm an apple fag"

So yeah. Gay.

Like shit man, you've got 500 bucks get a Hamilton field watch or a seiko diver

If the shit don't wind.....you might be a faggot
    Hamilton Khaki and Seiko divers are bad ass watch for the money. And yeah, Apple watches really are for fags.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I'll give it a listen while putting the diaper genie together tomorrow. FML
    Wait until Mrs. Swaye tells you how much the Bob Revolution stroller you're about to buy costs.

• Options

Swaye said:

Send me your address for the fight. Truck nuts lets me know the guy is retarded.
    I'll meet u at the 7 11 dickhead
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Send me your address for the fight. Truck nuts lets me know the guy is retarded.
    You don't need my address. I'll be at Lowe's at high noon tomorrow. Toilet department. Be ready.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'll be poasting a picture in this thread next month and it won't be a G-Shock. I'll spare you the hairy arm and poast a pic of the new watch in its box.

Damn you @Swaye. :D
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'll be poasting a picture in this thread next month and it won't be a G-Shock. I'll spare you the hairy arm and poast a pic of the new watch in its box.

• Options
    Founders Club

And it's a fucking stunner! Early congrats!