Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Watch Talk: getting out of work edition

Comments

• Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

All of these are mechanical watches but only 3 have a Swiss movements. Of those three, only one is a Swiss brand and the other two are German. So do I have one nice watch or three? Or zero is also an option...FML.

Regardless, the entire collection retails for less than one Rolex.

So, you said you were saving for a Rolex one day. Which will it be?
    I’m not saving for a Rolex; that was hyperbole. When it’s time for a high end watch it’ll be either a Grand Seiko, Omega, or a Damasko; depends on my tastes and the styles of the season.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

All of these are mechanical watches but only 3 have a Swiss movements. Of those three, only one is a Swiss brand and the other two are German. So do I have one nice watch or three? Or zero is also an option...FML.

Thots in no particular order...do not sleep on ze Germans. Glashutte is the second Geneva in Haute Horology circles. Ball has a ton of fans! I like a good deal of your straps. That's the hot thing now is to throw on vintage looking leather straps or NATO. I have not done that, because I think anything that isn't an Explorer on NATO in the Rolex line looks stupid. I did purchase a really nice modern looking leather strap, from of all places Germany, for my Explorer II Polar, but have not put it on yet. I am such a bracelet slut. What's the watch in the upper right hand? I like the dial. Very cool.

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Thots in no particular order...do not sleep on ze Germans. Glashutte is the second Geneva in Haute Horology circles. Ball has a ton of fans! I like a good deal of your straps. That's the hot thing now is to throw on vintage looking leather straps or NATO. I have not done that, because I think anything that isn't an Explorer on NATO in the Rolex line looks stupid. I did purchase a really nice modern looking leather strap, from of all places Germany, for my Explorer II Polar, but have not put it on yet. I am such a bracelet slut. What's the watch in the upper right hand? I like the dial. Very cool.

Bro do u even type b flieger
    The watch in the upper right hand is a 40mm Stowa type-B, hand wound, no date; found here: https://www.stowa.de/en/Flieger+Classic+40+Baumuster+B.htm

The strap is a leather faux-ammo strap I had made by Nero Straps.

Lots of calluses on those palms.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

The watch in the upper right hand is a 40mm Stowa type-B, hand wound, no date; found here: https://www.stowa.de/en/Flieger+Classic+40+Baumuster+B.htm

Workout gloves are for girls.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

That is a kick ass watch, and Stowa has a cult following!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

I’m not saving for a Rolex; that was hyperbole. When it’s time for a high end watch it’ll be either a Grand Seiko, Omega, or a Damasko; depends on my tastes and the styles of the season.
    GS are amazing watches, and I have owned and sold a BUNCH of Omegas over the years. Still wish I had held onto my Railmaster. Sweet watch.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,589
    Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

GS are amazing watches, and I have owned and sold a BUNCH of Omegas over the years. Still wish I had held onto my Railmaster. Sweet watch.
    @FirePete is the master of getting railed in the ass
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Workout gloves are for girls.
    Agree.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

@FirePete is the master of getting railed in the ass
    Where else do you get railed at?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,505
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Can't wait for the Zion 30 for 30 after he blows an acl and winds up homeless in 5 years.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I hate iced out watches. HATE.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    Swaye said:

Yeah, ruins them for me. I have an Omega constellation with factory diamonds on the dial and I feel like a dainty little bitch when I wear it. The plan was to gift it, but I'm a greedy and can't part with it.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Yeah, ruins them for me. I have an Omega constellation with factory diamonds on the dial and I feel like a dainty little bitch when I wear it. The plan was to gift it, but I'm a greedy and can't part with it.

To be fair, I have seen some diamonds as hour pointers that I thought were tastefully done and looked nice. You know what I mean when I say iced out.

Tasteful:

Kill me:

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

AGREE. Totally ghee.

I don't even like all gold watches, but TT's are amazing. I've decide this is the watch I am adding to my life goal's. Before GMT's.

That watch is as "Rolex" as you can get. The entire Rolex DNA strand is on display in that watch. I love it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

To be fair, I have seen some diamonds as hour pointers that I thought were tastefully done and looked nice. You know what I mean when I say iced out.

Tasteful:

Kill me:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Tasteful:

Kill me:

By far the most feminine watch I currently own, 18k Rose gold and stainless. Yellow gold is where it's at, Rose is just too soft.

Still, the diamonds are high quality and feel classy and not over done like some of the aftermarket hatchet jobs with oversized zero clarity stones.

Edit: Threw in a douchebag bimmer pic to satisfy the clamouring masses.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Tasteful:

Kill me:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Tasteful:

Kill me:

By far the most feminine watch I currently own, 18k Rose gold and stainless. Yellow gold is where it's at, Rose is just too soft.

Still, the diamonds are high quality and feel classy and not over done like some of the aftermarket hatchet jobs with oversized zero clarity stones.

Edit: Threw in a douchebag bimmer pic to satisfy the clamouring masses.

TYFYS!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    @Doogles

I like the Connie. I have zero two tones but have been on a real kick with TT lately. Thought I might buy one (Yachtmaster), but a few other watches have turned my head the last several weeks. Still negotiating/searching, but if any of my watch plans come to fruition you all will be the first to know. Here are some hints - keep in mind there are multiple watches I am on the prowl for so these hints are sort of mixed up....

Too much of a good thing.
    Adrian!
    Destination Moon.
    Marine Nationale.
    It sometimes snows in France.
    Last One.

edit: The hints above are for three separate watches I am looking at. All mixed up. Nobody probably gives a fuck about my game.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    Swaye said:

@Doogles

I like the Connie. I have zero two tones but have been on a real kick with TT lately. Thought I might buy one (Yachtmaster), but a few other watches have turned my head the last several weeks. Still negotiating/searching, but if any of my watch plans come to fruition you all will be the first to know. Here are some hints - keep in mind there are multiple watches I am on the prowl for so these hints are sort of mixed up....

Too much of a good thing.
    Adrian!
    Destination Moon.
    Marine Nationale.
    It sometimes snows in France.
    Last One.

edit: The hints above are for three separate watches I am looking at. All mixed up. Nobody probably gives a fuck about my game.

Ooh I like games!

You're looking for a Panerai for sure with the Sly Stallone and Italian Navy hints.

Speedmaster Pro, perhaps the 50 year

And I'm guessing a tt yachtmaster 2 because you said so

The yachtmaster 2 all gold is my Grail watch. I haven't really seen a tt in person, but I'd be just as satisfied with an all stainless ym2 and several thousands richer. I love the dial on that watch so much the gold doesn't add much for me, at least in pics.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    Lol here's a good look at all 3, this guy is pretty funny too

https://youtu.be/6G7rvDxOS-0