Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    DawgFader said:

Nah. Just that recruiting needs to be adaptable in its technique and communication if the Dawgs plan on competing with the blue bloods, year in year out. Otherwise conference championships are the ceiling.

Remembering these are impressionable kids and that they are listening and still learning, puts this bored and fan base in position to help or hurt the process. If you believe they read HH.

I know it can be fun but no need to be belligerent, move the fuck on to another thread. If you think it’s water under the bridge at this point then let it be.

If you still think there’s a chance let the kid know he’s wanted.

The menutiae / grey area is real housewives shit. Be clear about your position and help the kid make the right decision. To come fulfill his potential and be a Dawg.

Last I checked he hasn't made a decision.

This. If you’re upset at him just ignore him like he does to you. Even if you’re that “you’re making US look so desperate” asshole, just dont say anything unless it’s positive. No matter what people will see our actions, maybe even JTT or Emeka is using this as a test for Husky fans to see how they’ll respond to him and he’s making every note of negativity we have for a kid without a biological father and millionaire coaches fucking with his head.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,427
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019

DawgFader said:

Houhusky said:

DawgFader said:

Yo fuckers...this is an impressionable kid. A good kid by most accounts from what I hear. It’s bound to be dramatic he’s the most important recruit at arguably the most important position outside of QB. No need to analogies either, he’s a game changing talent for the program.

Show him the love he deserves as a local kid regardless of the decision he makes. He’s basically from down the street. In the mean time show Banks massive love too we want both.

Nah. Fuck that. There is legitimate coaching and a program happening at UW. Fuck any local recruit that willingly goes to another team.

This isn’t willingham where it’s advised or Sark where it’s understandable.
    This. I won't be showing love when he goes elsewhere. I won't be showing hate either. I'll just say "Toodles, motherfucker."
    So we don’t want Small and Banks? It’s about acquiring talent. The best talent and drama go hand in hand. Recruiting's gonna need to adjust for that or the Petersen program will always hover around the second tier.

This is all about a young kid that probably reads these threads, almost certainly this one. All the good and all the garbage. He cares what people think, wants to make the right decision, become a pro and eventually a megastar if it’s in the cards.

I believe, UW offers the best shot at that, playing time, physical development with Socha, position development and skills with coach K. It’s all lined up. This is a call to help define a clear path to the right place. We don’t need to by into the social media and bitch about shit we have no clue about.

Now if you know something stop being a punk, PONY up and drop it in the wam.
    Were you responding to me? There's no way you were responding to me. I'm just saying I'm not going to show Smalls love if he's not a Husky. I'm not going to show him hate either. Why would I? I have better things to do, like crocheting and baking cookies. I will show him a massive amount of indifference if he's not a Dawg. The "show him love because he's from Washington" thing is ridiculous. I don't show Darien Chase love at Nebraska. I don't show Ben Wilson love at TCU. I don't show Jacob South from Anacortes love at Utah State. I don't show that crackwhore from Kent love down at the Union Gospel Mission (except that one time). BFD if Smalls from Washington. There's lots of people from Washington and I'm not required to show them all love. I'll love Smalls if he chooses UW. Otherwise he's irrelevant. You reading this, Savell!? IRRELEPHANT.
    Pretty much how I feel. Not gonna hate on a guy that doesn't go to UW, but just because they're a local doesn't mean I'm supporting them at their school. I'm not throwing shade on them either...I Just think of them like any random college football player who isn't at UW...pretty indifferent.

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    JFC...This thread isn’t closed and it’s not clearly over for him. He’s the most important in state recruit fucking EVER. This can’t be compared to Ben Wilson. The talent and potential of this kids is unreal. Has anyone talking shit actually seen him play a game. I recommend you go, the potential is crazy. This is an active opportunity. WAYDTGSS
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,427
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    DawgFader said:

JFC...This thread isn’t closed and it’s not clearly over for him. He’s the most important in state recruit fucking EVER. This can’t be compared to Ben Wilson. The talent and potential of this kids is unreal. Has anyone talking shit actually seen him play a game. I recommend you go, the potential is crazy. This is an active opportunity. WAYDTGSS

Who's talking shit?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Per Eklund, Smalls was talking shit to coaches at the PLU camp and it came off as a really bad look for him. Also says it will take Smalls reaching out to UW coaches to reopen communication.

I'm amending my previous outlook.
    He's not coming here

Talking shit to which corches? I certainly hope not DJ's Vols.
    To high school coaches. He apparently got handled all day by Putallup's RT and when he finally made a play, he ran over and started shit talking at Puyallup's coaches.

UWs coaches were there to see it though
    Are you suggesting that JT's coaching skills weren't as advertised? Say it isn't so!
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This post needs to end. He already told the huskies to fuck off. Someone should make a Savell alt and give people fuck offs for posting in here to drive the point home.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    DawgFader said:

Nah. Just that recruiting needs to be adaptable in its technique and communication if the Dawgs plan on competing with the blue bloods, year in year out. Otherwise conference championships are the ceiling.

Remembering these are impressionable kids and that they are listening and still learning, puts this bored and fan base in position to help or hurt the process. If you believe they read HH.

I know it can be fun but no need to be belligerent, move the fuck on to another thread. If you think it’s water under the bridge at this point then let it be.

The menutiae / grey area is real housewives shit. Be clear about your position and help the kid make the right decision. To come fulfill his potential and be a Dawg.

Here’s another thought ...

Don’t take anything any HS kid says too seriously ... celebrate those that do come to UW and indifference to anybody that doesn’t

What makes Smalls different is the undercurrents of what caused him to put UW on blast ... pure falsehoods

But if you remember that no single player will make or break a football team, then it’s pretty easy to avoid falling into the trap of worshiping a HS kid that in the grand scheme of things has flashed nothing other than potential.

Rewind 7 years ago and some of these comments made trying to whisper sweet nothings to kids would have been destroyed by the same exact people on Doogman
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

DawgFader said:

This. If you’re upset at him just ignore him like he does to you. Even if you’re that “you’re making US look so desperate” asshole, just dont say anything unless it’s positive. No matter what people will see our actions, maybe even JTT or Emeka is using this as a test for Husky fans to see how they’ll respond to him and he’s making every note of negativity we have for a kid without a biological father and millionaire coaches fucking with his head.
    At what point do kids have to be accountable for their actions? Coddling kids because we are super concerned that hard truth may hurt their feelings is the definition of soft
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    No one is right there with JTT that’s a generational talent