Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The pursuit needs to be relentless.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,011
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Source for 3/4? That’s pretty fucking telling if any of it holds weight.

I’m not going to WDWHA the kid but if that’s truth we’re going to need a locally produced 30 for 30 explaining what the fuck really happened.

I might be reaching but if Smalls goes else where, will happen, and we get the #1 fucking player in America the next year, then you know the smoke was truly a fire.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

DawgFader said:

Smalls loves the Dawgs and has issues with a couple of guys. It’s not over for him unless the staff has made that declaration. As far as I know that hasn’t happened as of yet.

I always thought the Oregon negative recruiting thing was overblown and felt it seemed more likely that Savell had/has beef with some UW players. The way he out of the blue "called a press conference" to make it known that he would not be including UW in his top 6 seemed more of a "get back" at someone. Then of course, he takes a long break from social media, quits his 7 on7 team, and comes back to social media to get into it with another players dad, it's just weird and suggests hes going through some shit. I dont think he ever even released his much publicized top 6. A few things I've seen posted various places do paint an interesting picture
    1- his junior year performance at Garfield was not to the level many expected.
    2- Hes an amazing talent but it has been suggested on some 247 sites that he is overrated. Not saying he sucks but he hasn't reached the level people thought he would when he was a 5* 8th grader.
    3- he tried to transfer to Eastside Catholic and they wouldn't take him.
    4- Kenedy was reluctant to take him but ultimately had a meeting and decided that he could transfer because he went there as a freshman.

Anyways, whether or not all this is 100% true, it's being talked about out there. That stuff can fuck with a kid's mind.

I think UW can get back into it if Pete reaches out to him, and he responds. Not sure if either of those things are likely to happen.
    There's nothing to this story that makes sense at all ...

I think he's always felt like he wanted to go play "big boy football" and wanted to leave the area ...

But then he bought into all the love that #HometownHero was and realized he backed himself into the corner and lashed out ...

At best right now, he's coming off as extremely flaky and players on the UW team have called him on it (notably upperclassmen) ...

My biggest fear with Smalls at this point is that he's going to turn out to be more of a hype than reality player. It seems like he's bought into his press clippings at this point and there's just too much smoke right now that is throwing off red flags.

I understand why he's such a major recruit for UW to go get in this class ... but at the same time, I'm not entirely sure that I'm going to lose too much sleep if he decides to head somewhere to the South.

What will be really interesting to me is where he ends up if not UW. If it's Alabama/Clemson then that is all about the "big boy football." If it's a Florida/Tennessee level school then you're looking at "wanting to play big boy football but the big boys didn't want him." If he ends up at Florida St then LOL and I'd be buying stock in the bust potential. And if at Oregon, then whatever.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,011
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Neighbors and teq’s last comments have be thinking.

Kid might be a diva, a headcase but i believe the talent is there.

Some Next level recruits are like this.

Pete needs to adjust slightly and make this work as he prepares for the next level elite guys to call udub home.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,427
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019
    Tequilla said:

DawgFader said:

Smalls loves the Dawgs and has issues with a couple of guys. It’s not over for him unless the staff has made that declaration. As far as I know that hasn’t happened as of yet.

I always thought the Oregon negative recruiting thing was overblown and felt it seemed more likely that Savell had/has beef with some UW players. The way he out of the blue "called a press conference" to make it known that he would not be including UW in his top 6 seemed more of a "get back" at someone. Then of course, he takes a long break from social media, quits his 7 on7 team, and comes back to social media to get into it with another players dad, it's just weird and suggests hes going through some shit. I dont think he ever even released his much publicized top 6. A few things I've seen posted various places do paint an interesting picture
    2- Hes an amazing talent but it has been suggested on some 247 sites that he is overrated. Not saying he sucks but he hasn't reached the level people thought he would when he was a 5* 8th grader.
    4- Kenedy was reluctant to take him but ultimately had a meeting and decided that he could transfer because he went there as a freshman.

Anyways, whether or not all this is 100% true, it's being talked about out there. That stuff can fuck with a kid's mind.

I think UW can get back into it if Pete reaches out to him, and he responds. Not sure if either of those things are likely to happen.

I think he's always felt like he wanted to go play "big boy football" and wanted to leave the area ...

But then he bought into all the love that #HometownHero was and realized he backed himself into the corner and lashed out ...

At best right now, he's coming off as extremely flaky and players on the UW team have called him on it (notably upperclassmen) ...

My biggest fear with Smalls at this point is that he's going to turn out to be more of a hype than reality player. It seems like he's bought into his press clippings at this point and there's just too much smoke right now that is throwing off red flags.

I understand why he's such a major recruit for UW to go get in this class ... but at the same time, I'm not entirely sure that I'm going to lose too much sleep if he decides to head somewhere to the South.

What will be really interesting to me is where he ends up if not UW. If it's Alabama/Clemson then that is all about the "big boy football." If it's a Florida/Tennessee level school then you're looking at "wanting to play big boy football but the big boys didn't want him." If he ends up at Florida St then LOL and I'd be buying stock in the bust potential. And if at Oregon, then whatever.
    UW upperclassmen called him out?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Source for 3/4? That’s pretty fucking telling if any of it holds weight.

I’m not going to WDWHA the kid but if that’s truth we’re going to need a locally produced 30 for 30 explaining what the fuck really happened.

I might be reaching but if Smalls goes else where, will happen, and we get the #1 fucking player in America the next year, then you know the smoke was truly a fire.

It was posted on dawgman and a couple other places so it could be bullshit, but it was out there. As to why, I dont think it has anything to do with him as a person but more the fact that some high schools dont typically take senior transfers for certain athletics. You're essentially telling a kid who has worked his ass off for 3 years at a position that he's not gonna be starting his senior year because a new kid is transferring in. It can create a locker room situation and a circus the coaches dont necessarily want. EC is likely winning state with or without him.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He has said he is not coming here. I take him for his word that he does not want to go to uw. It's over. We will recruit the equivilent of someone that eventually transfers to Montana st in his place. Woof.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

DawgFader said:

If I recall correctly after his piece with Huffman putting UW on blast there were some Twitter comments from Fuller, Wellington, and Levi just off the top of my head
  • Options
    DawgFader said:

He’s a talented local kid and has a lot of people with their own interest, way up in his ear. If I remember correctly high school was hard enough without being a blue chip prospect, he’s getting daily calls from the the best persuaders in college football.

Teen confusion gets labeled as flaky. He’s 17/18 years old give the kid a break. He seems like a solid kid that quietly bleeds purple and gold. It’s tough to please everyone all the time.

I get your point and would prefer to give the benefit of the doubt to a 17-18 year old kid

That being said, there's a lot about what's been going on with Smalls that doesn't add up.

The whole thing has left me with a bit of a wait and see attitude and a tad skeptical

That said, I hope everything somehow works out with UW and Pete's able to drive home the Built For Life message. IMO, the best place for Smalls to maximize his future is under Pete and everything that the UW program offers.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

DawgFader said:

If I recall correctly after his piece with Huffman putting UW on blast there were some Twitter comments from Fuller, Wellington, and Levi just off the top of my head
    I'm pretty sure that Fuller's "So wishy washy" tweet was in reference to Sirmon. I didn't know about the Wellington and Levi tweets.
    bingo
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

DawgFader said:

I'm pretty sure that Fuller's "So wishy washy" tweet was in reference to Sirmon. I didn't know about the Wellington and Levi tweets.
    Fuller's tweet came out about 20 minutes after Smalls article
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    dnc said:

You guys are hilarious. Smalls is a baller.

We absolutely want him.

Fucking this. Nuff said.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,427
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

DawgFader said:

Fuller's tweet came out about 20 minutes after Smalls article
    And then the news of Sirmon returning came out a few hours after that. I'm almost positive that Fuller was referencing Sirmon entering and then leaving the portal in the span of one day rather than a 247 Huffman article about a 2020 recruit.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Look none of this is about us not wanting Smalls. It’s simply about him not wanting to go to UW so we should move on. He just isn’t that into U... dub.