Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Roger Rosengarten, 2020 4* OL, Littleton (Valor Christian), CO (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Re: Ivan

Buckle up 12s...

The one appropriate use of @FirePete
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Buckle up 12s...

It’s not as big a deal in the NFL because they are on their own most of the offseason with personal trainers and shit.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Buckle up 12s...

Carrol got rings, while our Pete has nice win over Oklahoma
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    FirePete said:

Buckle up 12s...

Carrol got rings, while Boise State’s Pete has nice win over Oklahoma
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:
    Lol, Herbert had all day to throw against a consistent 5 man rush. He was sacked once on a stunt by Fields and the OL gave up one negative rushing play. Capra was the culprit and he transferred out to SDSU. Also, Oregon was down Sewell, Jones got injured in the game, and Warmack wasn't a go. That game was on Herbert, the receivers and special team gaffes. Also, that might have been the worst play calling I've seen in a decade. Those are my two biggest concerns: Herbert's mental fortitude and Arroyo play calling.
    What the fuck are you watching? Arizona stuffed the fuck out of your running game with an undersized D-line. Almost every time Herbert dropped back to pass he was under pressure and had to move off his spot or get rid of the ball just in time before getting sacked. He got hit at least half a dozen times after throwing the ball. He was under pressure and threw picks and inaccurate passes because of it. Pretty funny Cristobal kept him in the whole game to try to make the score more respectable and Herbert got smacked trying to run it in at the end.
    Arizona was credited with 1 sack and zero hurries. Every time he was moved off his spot he had time to reset. Arizona moves him off his spot by blitzing on every play - they sent 5 on every play until the 4th qtr. He had a lot of clean pockets and when he didn’t he was able to side step pressure easily. The times he took a qb hit were stick routes. Herbert played his worst game.

Justin played constipated, the play calling was unimaginative and the wide receivers couldn’t beat man coverage. The oline had three of the top grades on offense. It was not the oline play that lost that game. That is backed up with stats and people that grade for a living.

Pass pro was actually good and run blocking adequate (RBs left a lot on the table). Likewise, 23 carries wasn’t going to give them the reps or rhythm to assert themselves. Were they dominate? No. Were they the problem. Absolutely not.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Keeping Arroyo and forfeiting the entire season before it began. Curious strategy. Herbert is better than Locker but is cut from the same cloth. He needs to win something of consequence. Auburn is the game. So we’ll see. In duck heart of hearts they know how that game will end though.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:
    Lol, Herbert had all day to throw against a consistent 5 man rush. He was sacked once on a stunt by Fields and the OL gave up one negative rushing play. Capra was the culprit and he transferred out to SDSU. Also, Oregon was down Sewell, Jones got injured in the game, and Warmack wasn't a go. That game was on Herbert, the receivers and special team gaffes. Also, that might have been the worst play calling I've seen in a decade. Those are my two biggest concerns: Herbert's mental fortitude and Arroyo play calling.
    What the fuck are you watching? Arizona stuffed the fuck out of your running game with an undersized D-line. Almost every time Herbert dropped back to pass he was under pressure and had to move off his spot or get rid of the ball just in time before getting sacked. He got hit at least half a dozen times after throwing the ball. He was under pressure and threw picks and inaccurate passes because of it. Pretty funny Cristobal kept him in the whole game to try to make the score more respectable and Herbert got smacked trying to run it in at the end.
    Arizona was credited with 1 sack and zero hurries. Every time he was moved off his spot he had time to reset. Arizona moves him off his spot by blitzing on every play - they sent 5 on every play until the 4th qtr. He had a lot of clean pockets and when he didn’t he was able to side step pressure easily. The times he took a qb hit were stick routes. Herbert played his worst game.

Justin played constipated, the play calling was unimaginative and the wide receivers couldn’t beat man coverage. The oline had three of the top grades on offense. It was not the oline play that lost that game. That is backed up with stats and people that grade for a living.

Pass pro was actually good and run blocking adequate (RBs left a lot on the table). Likewise, 23 carries wasn’t going to give them the reps or rhythm to assert themselves. Were they dominate? No. Were they the problem. Absolutely not.

I just watched the fucking game earlier today. I don't give a fuck what stats were recorded or not recorded in terms of QB hurries. Sometimes those stats are not recorded. I know what the fuck I saw. Arizona was in your back field all fucking game and getting pressure on Herbert all game and knocking him to the ground. The two picks he threw were under pressure.

All I hear is fucking excuses. They got their asses absolutely smacked by Arizona. The Arizona players were clowning them all game. I loved that little pose one of them did in the end zone. That was hilarious. I don't give a fuck about "O-line grades". Film don't lie. Oregon could not run the ball and they gave up pressure all fucking game long and Herbert shit himself. Oregon ran for 3.7 yards per carry and passed for 3.9 yards per pass. That's fucking pathetic. Your O-line is just not that good. You're seriously trying to argue it wasn't the O-line's fault they got blown out 44-15 and only averaged 3.7 yards per carry. I think Cristobal would disagree.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

Keeping Arroyo and forfeiting the entire season before it began. Curious strategy. Herbert is better than Locker but is cut from the same cloth. He needs to win something of consequence. Auburn is the game. So we’ll see. In duck heart of hearts they know how that game will end though.

I’m not sure that’d I say that Herbert is better than Locker at this point ... but I understand where you’re going with that
  • Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

Cristobal is Sark until proven otherwise.

Can get wins at home against good teams (Sark beat Carrol, Shaw, Petersen)

Gets blown the fuck out on the road inexplicably. That game was like the UW-ASU 2013 game. UW was a lot better than they played but still lost by 30.

Barely wins an ugly bowl game against a midwestern team (2010 Holiday Bowl vibes from the Redbox Bowl)

He did beat UW so props for that. Inexcusable performance by Petersen and Lake that game.

TBD but so far it could go either way. He might be 8-9 win Cristobal instead of 7 win Sark. I think most Oregon teams will be like 2013 UW. Good not great with some choke losses.

No one is Sark. Cristobal will have more talent and resources at disposal, he is more of a CEO type head coach, he doesn’t get tip roaring drunk, and he puts a huge emphasis on the lines and strength and conditioning.

Sark comparisons are valid in some aspects, namely the cheese dick hype fill the sleeves type nonsense. Your S&C program is a sizzling joke until proven otherwise. Husky fans are uniquely qualified to recognize it having been through five years of substanceless sizzle followed by five years of a staff that minimizes hype but gets outstanding results in that department.

That's really the limit of the sark comps. His recruiting was all sizzle and controlling of the message for the doog masses to gobble up. He recruited like dog shit right under everyone's nose but used pawns like dawgman.com to convince doogs otherwise. Oregon is currently recruiting at a level Sark dreamed of at UW but never even came close to.
    There is a lot of substance behind the sizzle though. Players are buying in and doing the work. Also, there is a psychological component to the program. There’s a lot of player making gains in functional strength.
    Fuck dude you couldn't sound more like dawgman circa 2009-2013 if you tried. Thanks for illustrating my point.
    I am not sure how dawgman was back then. Oregon is throwing more at the strength and conditioning program than I've ever seen in concrete ways. It was Cristobal's first hire and priority #1. He hired a head of S&C and two assistants. He got one out of Georgia, Wisconsin and Bama. That is the biggest difference I've seen with him over any other coach at Oregon.

What made UW fans so excited about S&C under Sark? Were there tangible reasons or just talk? Sark obviously did some things right in 2009 and beyond. I, mean, that team was trash and he improved the team. I've seen both sides of the coin with Chip being all substance over style, Taggart and now Cristobal.

Cristobal talked about improving S&C and cutting down penalties in 2018. He accomplished that. Next will be playing well on the road.
    Ivan Lewis was Aaron Feld before Aaron Feld. He was a loud mouthed juice head who would walk around with no sleeves on and get recruits and players excited about UW. UW just didn't use him in as much social media marketing bullshit because social media wasn't as big back then for recruiting as it is now. Feld takes being a blowhard juice head clown to a new level. I'll give him that.

How quickly you forget that Chip Kelly's teams were the best conditioned team on the field almost every game they played. Now Feld is the best Oregon's ever had after one mediocre season? Fuck you're dumb.

When your team gets blown out by undersized teams like Arizona and WSU and then ran all over by Utah last season, I don't think you should be bragging about your strength and conditioning program. But that's just me. Put together a complete season. Then you can feel good about Feld.
    More so than the asshole personality shit, it was the fucktarded approach to the job. Ivan brought in a program for guys who want to look good with their shirts off, not a program for conditioning football players. Socha posted videos a couple years ago of McGary doing 350 lb hang cleans. Ivan would have said, "Why do you have them doing that old powerlifting shit? They should be doing resistance band curls."

It was brought up around 2011 on dawgman that not a single one of our o linemen could bench over 400 lbs. Kim told everyone that football weight lifting has changed. Bench, squat, that stuff is in the past. It's all about stretching, plyometrics, and resistance now. Do you want to tell Ican how to coach weight lifting? I mean, look at those guns?

Anyways, that was all bullshit. Our offensive line kept getting pancaked. Our d linemen were either 250 lbs or 330 lbs and got pushed back into the secondary. Feld appears to be Ivan jr. based on pretty much everything we've seen.
    The heaviest weight Kimmie’s ever lifted was maybe a Magnum at that damn wine store in Renton.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,628
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

I’m not sure that’d I say that Herbert is better than Locker at this point ... but I understand where you’re going with that
    Herbert's junior year was the worst year of his career as a thrower and still better than any Locker ever had rather easily.

Jake was a better runner but Herbert's Durocher and Bonnell a better QB.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

I just watched the fucking game earlier today. I don't give a fuck what stats were recorded or not recorded in terms of QB hurries. Sometimes those stats are not recorded. I know what the fuck I saw. Arizona was in your back field all fucking game and getting pressure on Herbert all game and knocking him to the ground. The two picks he threw were under pressure.

All I hear is fucking excuses. They got their asses absolutely smacked by Arizona. The Arizona players were clowning them all game. I loved that little pose one of them did in the end zone. That was hilarious. I don't give a fuck about "O-line grades". Film don't lie. Oregon could not run the ball and they gave up pressure all fucking game long and Herbert shit himself. Oregon ran for 3.7 yards per carry and passed for 3.9 yards per pass. That's fucking pathetic. Your O-line is just not that good. You're seriously trying to argue it wasn't the O-line's fault they got blown out 44-15 and only averaged 3.7 yards per carry. I think Cristobal would disagree.
    I agree Oregon is overhyped and will disappoint, but using a single game as proof is FS. Oregon played like shit against Arizona. There isn’t anything more to it.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I am arguing. The yardage was pathetic. The reason wasn’t the OL. It’s really not that difficult of a concept.

Oregon stepped all over their dicks in that game...busted coverages, fumbles, ints, and terrible special teams.

Dude, Herbert threw one int. Get it straight. He was outside the pocket and there was no pressure and he under threw the ball into double coverage.

The skill play was atrocious save a couple good plays by Mitchell (he was inconsistent). Arroyo called stick routes, go routes and screen passes. No flare routes or passes in the flats until the 4 the qtr to throw behind the blitzing outside linebackers.

Also, the advantage of size on the OL comes in the 4th quarter when you’ve worn down the smaller dline. Misfiring on stick routes on 3rd and short in the first half gave the offense no rhythm or opportunity to wear down Zona.

That being said there was still some awful ball carrier vision and yards were left on the field.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Herbert's junior year was the worst year of his career as a thrower and still better than any Locker ever had rather easily.

Jake was a better runner but Herbert's a better QB.
    QB accuracy only matters to me if making similar throws ... completion % is just an overrated stat to me as you can have checkdown wizards who look great from a completion % standpoint but are largely ineffective as QBs

As I see it:

Herbert’s freshman year Oregon was dog shit ... similar to how UW was in Locker’s ... probably an edge to Jake here

Each were injured for large chunks of their sophomore seasons so leave those as I completed

As Juniors, Locker led a previously winless team the year prior to 5-7 with a 4-5 conference record and 2 non-conference losses in LSU and Notre Dame ... Herbert went 9-4 with 5-4 conference, 3 cupcake non-conference wins, and then a shitty bowl win ... those aren’t that different of seasons

As a Senior, Locker went 7-6 and 5-4 in conference with losses to BYU and Nebraska in non-conference. With Oregon’s schedule, a 5-4 or 6-3 conference schedule is very realistic. Point being, there’s a very good chance when we get to the end of the year that Oregon hasn’t taken a material step forward like the talking heads that are giving them the offseason Natty believe that they will

So I’m that sense, and considering Locker a better runner and not being surrounded by similar overall team talent, I think Locker vs Herbert at this point is largely a wash.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Jake was a better runner but Herbert's a better QB.
    QB accuracy only matters to me if making similar throws ... completion % is just an overrated stat to me as you can have checkdown wizards who look great from a completion % standpoint but are largely ineffective as QBs

As I see it:

Herbert’s freshman year Oregon was dog shit ... similar to how UW was in Locker’s ... probably an edge to Jake here

Each were injured for large chunks of their sophomore seasons so leave those as I completed

As Juniors, Locker led a previously winless team the year prior to 5-7 with a 4-5 conference record and 2 non-conference losses in LSU and Notre Dame ... Herbert went 9-4 with 5-4 conference, 3 cupcake non-conference wins, and then a shitty bowl win ... those aren’t that different of seasons

As a Senior, Locker went 7-6 and 5-4 in conference with losses to BYU and Nebraska in non-conference. With Oregon’s schedule, a 5-4 or 6-3 conference schedule is very realistic. Point being, there’s a very good chance when we get to the end of the year that Oregon hasn’t taken a material step forward like the talking heads that are giving them the offseason Natty believe that they will

So I’m that sense, and considering Locker a better runner and not being surrounded by similar overall team talent, I think Locker vs Herbert at this point is largely a wash.
    Why compare everything to UW’s past? Sark and Locker...let it go people. Listen to Locker and Herbert talk and tell me they’re similar.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I am arguing. The yardage was pathetic. The reason wasn’t the OL. It’s really not that difficult of a concept.

Oregon stepped all over their dicks in that game...busted coverages, fumbles, ints, and terrible special teams.

Dude, Herbert threw one int. Get it straight. He was outside the pocket and there was no pressure and he under threw the ball into double coverage.

The skill play was atrocious save a couple good plays by Mitchell (he was inconsistent). Arroyo called stick routes, go routes and screen passes. No flare routes or passes in the flats until the 4 the qtr to throw behind the blitzing outside linebackers.

Also, the advantage of size on the OL comes in the 4th quarter when you’ve worn down the smaller dline. Misfiring on stick routes on 3rd and short in the first half gave the offense no rhythm or opportunity to wear down Zona.

That being said there was still some awful ball carrier vision and yards were left on the field.

You are a fucking retard. Oregon tried to run the ball and couldn't. That is on their O-line. You want to blame everybody except the fucking O-line for not being able to run the ball against Arizona and it makes no fucking sense. Everything is a fucking excuse to avoid admitting your O-line isn't nearly as good as they are being hyped up to be. And it's not just one game. It was the same against WSU and Utah and Michigan State.

Versus UW: 3.6 yards per rush
    Versus Arizona: 3.7 yards per rush
    Versus Utah: 3.7 yards per rush
    Versus WSU: 2.4 yards per rush
    Versus Michigan State: 1.4 yards per rush

I thought Cristobal was an O-line guru? I thought he wanted to run the ball down team's throats and teach the Pac-12 what big boy football is all about? I thought Oregon was SEC of the West. What the fuck is this shit? Oregon did not run the ball on anybody impressive all of last season. Where the fuck is this bullshit hype coming from that Oregon has an elite O-line? They haven't done shit. It's just based off of returning experience. Fucking run the ball down somebody's throat then you can talk. Auburn's D-line is going to smack them.

Herbert threw that pick because he was flushed out of pocket and threw the ball late. Why was he flushed out of the pocket? Because of pressure you dumb ass.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Aids is strong in this thread
  • Options
    With 2:59 seconds left in the second quarter of Oregon vs WSU, the score was 20-0 WSU. WSU had 16 first downs. Oregon had 1. WSU had 256 yards of offense. Oregon had 1. 1 yard of offense after almost an entire half of football! Those are your Pac-12 favorites ladies and gents. @lawsandl @DJDuck
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Gladstone said:

You are a fucking retard. Oregon tried to run the ball and couldn't. That is on their O-line. You want to blame everybody except the fucking O-line for not being able to run the ball against Arizona and it makes no fucking sense. Everything is a fucking excuse to avoid admitting your O-line isn't nearly as good as they are being hyped up to be. And it's not just one game. It was the same against WSU and Utah and Michigan State.

Versus UW: 3.6 yards per rush
    Versus Arizona: 3.7 yards per rush
    Versus Utah: 3.7 yards per rush
    Versus WSU: 2.4 yards per rush
    Versus Michigan State: 1.4 yards per rush

I thought Cristobal was an O-line guru? I thought he wanted to run the ball down team's throats and teach the Pac-12 what big boy football is all about? I thought Oregon was SEC of the West. What the fuck is this shit? Oregon did not run the ball on anybody impressive all of last season. Where the fuck is this bullshit hype coming from that Oregon has an elite O-line? They haven't done shit. It's just based off of returning experience. Fucking run the ball down somebody's throat then you can talk. Auburn's D-line is going to smack them.

Herbert threw that pick because he was flushed out of pocket and threw the ball late. Why was he flushed out of the pocket? Because of pressure you dumb ass.
    Ballz - if Rosengarten chooses Oregon will you be going to Hawaii for a week?