Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Roger Rosengarten, 2020 4* OL, Littleton (Valor Christian), CO (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

dawgs206 said:

Does anyone have access to his site to see his reasoning behind picking UW?

Hopkins said every other big recruit we were in on has already eliminated us from their top 25 or committed elsewhere, ensuring Rosengarten less competition for playing time.

Not a direct quote, but pretty close.
    I’ll take it but is our depth really that wide open? I know past the 1’s we lack experience but what am I missing?
    Unless I am wrong he would be competing w/ Mele and Buelow for the LT spot and Kalepo/Fauatanu for back up RT spot. Bainivalu is probably the RT for the 2020/21 seasons. RT seems unclear because Kalepo seems more like a G and Fautanu could play anywhere on the line.

I think the point is Oregon has an entrenched starter at LT that could possibly hold down the spot for 3 years to come. Hilbers and Adams are both gone and there will be a competition. Jones also got a start at tackle and played well. Honestly, it sounds like a combination of things.

Yep and Jonah Tauanu'u is probably a tackle as well.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dawgs206 said:

Hopkins said every other big recruit we were in on has already eliminated us from their top 25 or committed elsewhere, ensuring Rosengarten less competition for playing time.

I’ll take it but is our depth really that wide open? I know past the 1’s we lack experience but what am I missing?
    Unless I am wrong he would be competing w/ Mele and Buelow for the LT spot and Kalepo/Fauatanu for back up RT spot. Bainivalu is probably the RT for the 2020/21 seasons. RT seems unclear because Kalepo seems more like a G and Fautanu could play anywhere on the line.
    Mele might be white center for us.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    dawgs206 said:

Lol what a tool. Our OT depth is better than Oregon's. Rosengarten is a must get guy for both schools because you need quality O-line talent every year to replenish the depth and there are very few Tackles his caliber available in this class. But he's a bigger need for Oregon. They don't have a lot of guys with the foot speed to play Tackle. We do.

At this point every lineman we get will be sitting on the bench for at least two years which is exactly what we want. If Rosengarten goes to UW, he'll be sitting on the bench until he's physically ready to play big boy football. He's better off at UW because Oregon would have to play him too early and could potentially fuck up his career with injuries by playing him before he's physically ready to play.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ruth is hinting at something big. I have no clue what she is talking about but I have a feeling it's related to this. She's been dead silent on him and only him since saturday.

Oregon's finest Justin Hopkins just predicted Rosengarten and Esteen to UW.

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Rosengarten, whether Oregon (maybe) or Washington (probably), he's going to have to level up a few years anyways. Add weight, strength and technique.

Figuring out the depth chart in a few years ... Who the fuck knows.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dawgs206 said:

I feel like they might move Kirkland out to RT and stick Bainivalu in at RG at some point.
    Yes
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

Eklund crystal ball to UW.

Kiss of death. FML

Wiltfong Dong switched from Oregon to Cloudy
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Woof said: