Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Key West, Florida

124»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Fishpo31 said:

Sitting on the deck at my bro-in-law’s in Laguna Beach currently…WAR team Yella!

People will be drinking Margs on the cliffs above Laguna beach hundreds of years from now, while the seas consume @creepycoug ’s Atlantis.
    Steely Dan thinks otherwise.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only thing Cali Pacific Ocean water is good for is shrinkage. Beaches are adequate unless you’re into get sandblasted.

Too fucking cold.

@creepycoug is right. Gulf coast waters and Atlantic beaches up to North Carolina are the shit.

you're goddamned right.

@creepycoug you can collect your contingent fee now. This case is closed.

Exactly. Yella's always right about the Redneck Rivera.

Meanwhile I got hitched on the north end of main Laguna Beach below the ciffs and palms. Stunning and classy AF.

Like we said: scenery is great. I’ve stayed at the Ritz at Laguna Nigel. Nice. Water? Trashy af. It’s for people who don’t know any better. Like you and Race.
    I've been to South Florida twice Fidel

Miami in 84 and West Palm in 99.

California is better

It just is

Ski slopes an hour from the beach

Florida is a reclaimed swamp with bugs
    West coast beaches suck balls. But if you’re into that, then have it.
    People forget that Jim was from Melbourne, Florida.

He had to get the hell out and swim in the waters of Southern California to make something of himself.

The west is the best.

https://antiquefishingreels.com/wp-content/uploads/ted-williams-fishing-baseball-4.jpg

https://antiquefishingreels.com/wp-content/uploads/ted-williams-fishing-baseball-4.jpg

San Diego born Ted Williams disagrees.

Nice cargo shorts too

Ted MF Williams >>> Jim Sissy Boy Morrison in every way. If he’d wanted to, Ballgame could have taken Morrison’s spot with the Doors.

Case closed. Thanks Throbber. Sometimes you just gotta go to the big guns.
    @Fishpo31 whats with the ball players being such pussies? Joe D was a tuff Cali fag too who retired to Florida.

The only thing Cali Pacific Ocean water is good for is shrinkage. Beaches are adequate unless you’re into get sandblasted.

Too fucking cold.

@creepycoug is right. Gulf coast waters and Atlantic beaches up to North Carolina are the shit.

you're goddamned right.

@creepycoug you can collect your contingent fee now. This case is closed.

Exactly. Yella's always right about the Redneck Rivera.

Meanwhile I got hitched on the north end of main Laguna Beach below the ciffs and palms. Stunning and classy AF.

Like we said: scenery is great. I’ve stayed at the Ritz at Laguna Nigel. Nice. Water? Trashy af. It’s for people who don’t know any better. Like you and Race.
    I've been to South Florida twice Fidel

Miami in 84 and West Palm in 99.

California is better

It just is

Ski slopes an hour from the beach

Florida is a reclaimed swamp with bugs
    West coast beaches suck balls. But if you’re into that, then have it.
    People forget that Jim was from Melbourne, Florida.

He had to get the hell out and swim in the waters of Southern California to make something of himself.

The west is the best.

San Diego born Ted Williams disagrees.

Nice cargo shorts too

Ted MF Williams >>> Jim Sissy Boy Morrison in every way. If he’d wanted to, Ballgame could have taken Morrison’s spot with the Doors.

Case closed. Thanks Throbber. Sometimes you just gotta go to the big guns.
    @Fishpo31 whats with the ball players being such pussies? Joe D was a tuff Cali fag too who retired to Florida.
    Consult Fetters just above. As I said, I'm right, you and Race wrong. Race made two trips to Fla. 800 years ago probably for the purpose of scouting out old folks homes. Lolz. Great sampling old man. Then Bob - posts this question and then says you can't improve on Laguna in the lower 48 ... lolz .... Dumb Duck. Stay put then dummy.

The great ballers can go where they want and they made the best choice. That's your answer. Cali beaches are pretty to look at, good for perspective development, fine for surfing, but shitty to swim in. Period. Done. Facts. If you don't know that then you've never been anywhere. Kill this unholy discussion Yella. It's an abortion.

If one's goal here is to beat a good Fla. beach or swimming in the Keys with something in the Pacific, a typical west coast fag move, then you need to head south of Cali. I already pointed the way. Oahu is a whole different discussion. Haven't spent time on the west coast of Mejico, so I'll reserve judgment, though I'm told Cabo beaches aren't that great. The best beaches I've been to are all over the Caribbean, Gulf side of Mejico, Oahu, and scattered about in the Keys. Obvi I would add various others places in Polynesia and Greece, but haven't been.

Of course, Ocean Shores, aka the South Beach of the PNW, is the one glaring exception, as someone here once pointed out.

Kill it Yella.
    I’ve now been to every coastal county in the contiguous USA, sans Maine, so I know beaches. For calm, clear, bath tub warm water, gulf coastal Florida and the Keys are tough to beat. The Destin - 30A area has better beaches, but the Keys are more likely unique/genuine, and less crowded.

West coast beaches are more fun if you are into wave action sports (surfing, boogie boarding, etc.), and storm watching.

Hawaii is great because you can find both.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,880
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Cabo and the pacific side of Mexico is shit for beaches compared to Riviera Maya (Playa and Tulum).

Warm water, cold beer. No Sinola cartel.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Was supposed to be flying to San Diego with the fam next weekend to hit the beaches there and southern OC.

Might have to cancel now.

I would. Sounds horrible.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The east coast of Baja, from the east cape northward, had decent enough beaches when I was there in 1994. A few were picturesque and most were empty aside from the odd fishing camp, but the water itself was more the draw than the scenery. It's a giant lake with nearly imperceptible tides, no surf or swell, and warm, clear water with few things in it to worry about.

I loved it down there. On the Sea of Cortez side some nice beaches were over run by windsurfers and the pacific coast beaches were just California south...cold and dirty with waves and sharks and other undesirable things like surfers.

I'm sadly in agreement with the Florida guys even though I haven't been there. I like my fresh water flowing and cool but saltwater has to be still, warm and clear or I'm not going in it.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Cabo and the pacific side of Mexico is shit for beaches compared to Riviera Maya (Playa and Tulum).

Warm water, cold beer. No Sinola cartel.

The beaches in Puerto Vallarta were good for laying in the sun. Water was warm enough, but it got deep pretty quick and there were some sketchy waves/currents half the time I was there. I also can't swim for shit, so there's that.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I went there on a cruise. A carpet mill gave dealers and contractors a free cruise with free booze and food. What could go wrong

Key West was like you see on TV. I'm a not a big Florida guy. A poor man's California

California for all its fuckery still has a superior coastline to Florida.
    Superior to look at in many cases (not all); not superior to get in an enjoy.

Agree about when the ships are in. Last time I was there, a guy was walking with his girlfriend/wife/whatever got into an argument on Duvall with some guy whose job it was to get people to come into a gay bar. I mean, just keep walking dude. It's like getting mad at the card flippers on the Vegas strip. If those things anger you, go to Disney World and be done with it. Classic "just off the boat for a few hours" tourist.
    The FL water is too warm and designed for soft, swarthy types @creepycoug .

Southern California ocean waters feel just right to me.

And in terms of scenery it's not really close.
    Agreed on scenery, for the most part. Although the Keys have their moments and their angles, particularly at sunset.

I miss it there terribly. Why oh why did I fall for a blonde haired, blue eyed eastern European with her inferior genes and inability to appreciate movies like the Godfather?
    Pollocks > Moors.
    Oh no! It's Moops.