Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2016 - USC v Alabama @ Jerry World

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

You guys are being doogs by turning this into an Oregon argument. I put Oregon aside and make this argument.

No we are calling you out for saying Oregon is more of a premiere program than USC.

Even in UW's best days and USC was down the Trojans were always the premiere program.

They have advantages that nobody else has. Tradition, HUGE Market, great local talent, great weather, no NFL team so they are the big fish in a big town, etc.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

USC >>>>>>>>>>> Oregon (11 national championships)

but yes they are a pretty douchey school.

Pre BCS 'championships' don't count. Don't tell Alabama that though. They think they have 15. Legitimate championships are when #1 plays #2 and one of them wins.
    Never before have I been so honored to make a poast disappear.

Not your best week.
    Iimage

Case closed. Just try to defend this shit.
    I like to argue that poles are incapable of selecting champions while supporting a system where poles select the two teams to play for a championship.

Either poles have value or they don't. I say they don't, so BCS championships are just as worthless as pole titles. But I'm not fucktarded enough to think just because I don't like the system means college football's championships don't count.

And yes, this is absolutely quook shit. If Oregon won the 1894 Helms championship by one vote we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    And if the Huskies couldn't lay claim to a national title you would not so passionately defend the hard fought, battle won 15 national championships of Alabama and 11 of USC.
  • Options

You guys are being doogs by turning this into an Oregon argument. I put Oregon aside and make this argument.

No we are calling you out for saying Oregon is more of a premiere program than USC.

Even in UW's best days and USC was down the Trojans were always the premiere program.

They have advantages that nobody else has. Tradition, HUGE Market, great local talent, great weather, no NFL team so they are the big fish in a big town, etc.
    You're being a twister. I never said Oregon was more premiere. This isn't about Oregon. Fuck dude, I guess I should just agree that USC is the blessed child of Odin and they have the eternal right to be the premier program on the west coast.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2014

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Pre BCS 'championships' don't count. Don't tell Alabama that though. They think they have 15. Legitimate championships are when #1 plays #2 and one of them wins.

Not your best week.
    Iimage

I like to argue that poles are incapable of selecting champions while supporting a system where poles select the two teams to play for a championship.

Either poles have value or they don't. I say they don't, so BCS championships are just as worthless as pole titles. But I'm not fucktarded enough to think just because I don't like the system means college football's championships don't count.

And yes, this is absolutely quook shit. If Oregon won the 1894 Helms championship by one vote we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    And if the Huskies couldn't lay claim to a national title you would not so passionately defend the hard fought, battle won 15 national championships of Alabama and 11 of USC.
    Disagree. This has to do with your fucktarded belief that the BCS was somehow enough of an upgrade on the poles that BCS titles should count and pole titles don't.

Again, you are arguing that the poles are not good enough to select a champion but are good enough to select the two teams to play for a championship.

Either you think they all count or none of them.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Not your best week.
    Iimage

Disagree. This has to do with your fucktarded believe that the BCS was somehow enough of an upgrade on the poles that BCS titles should count and pole titles don't.

Again, you are arguing that the poles are not good enough to select a champion but are good enough to select the two teams to play for a championship.

Hope them helps.
    This argument can't really be won or lost. Polls are imperfect. But polls alone can't produce a legitimate national championship. Combined with a game between one and two, we get a little closer to reality.
  • Options

OBK, the BCS has had plenty of controversies and have put the wrong team into championship games before. Why do those championships count more than the ones pre BCS? Like DNC said, you can't punish every team because of a bad system.

Good point.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Not your best week.
    Iimage

Disagree. This has to do with your fucktarded believe that the BCS was somehow enough of an upgrade on the poles that BCS titles should count and pole titles don't.

Hope them helps.
    This argument can't really be won or lost. Polls are imperfect. But polls alone can't produce a legitimate national championship. Combined with a game between one and two, we get a little closer to reality.
    It's already been won.
  • Options
    Before 1920 women couldn't vote, therefore Warren G Harding was the first American president. Only presidents voted on by the full populace count.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Not your best week.
    Iimage

Hope them helps.
    Claiming pre-BCS doesnt count is dumb quook shit that freshman UO students write on their blogs. College football is imperfect but it's still fucking imperfect post BCS so no one really gives a fuck. When an expanded playoff starts it won't invalidate the 4 team playoff or any other format.

• Options
    haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Not your best week.
    Iimage

Hope them helps.
    Claiming pre-BCS doesnt count is dumb quook shit that freshman UO students write on their blogs. College football is imperfect but it's still fucking imperfect post BCS so no one really gives a fuck. When an expanded playoff starts it won't invalidate the 4 team playoff or any other format.

I'm just a little skeptical of some of those championships won back when people rode horses to games, when there were less teams in existence than fingers on your hands and the top two teams didn't play each other in a final game, that's all.
  • Options
    GulagDawgGulagDawg Member Posts: 200
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2014
    So in other words, OBK thinks college football started in 1998, not 1994.
  • Options
    GulagDawg said:

So in other words, OBK thinks college football started in 1998, not 1994.

WHY DOES OBK HATE KENNY WHEATON????
  • Options

You realize in this wonderful BCS era we had a year like 2003 where USC and LSU SHARED a national title?

You also realize in this wonderful BCS in 2004 USC won a national title while Auburn also went undefeated and got jack fucking shit?

You also realize in this wonderful BCS world in 2007 that a TWO LOSS LSU won a national title.

I can play this game all night long. Fuck it's easier to list the years where there was no controversy in the BCS than years that they were.

I agree with some of the points made here. My opinion is malleable on the subject. There are too many grey areas.
  • Options
    GulagDawgGulagDawg Member Posts: 200
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You realize in this wonderful BCS era we had a year like 2003 where USC and LSU SHARED a national title?

You also realize in this wonderful BCS in 2004 USC won a national title while Auburn also went undefeated and got jack fucking shit?

You also realize in this wonderful BCS world in 2007 that a TWO LOSS LSU won a national title.

I can play this game all night long. Fuck it's easier to list the years where there was no controversy in the BCS than years that they were.

I agree with some of the points made here. My opinion is malleable on the subject. There are too many grey areas.
    Malleable! Just call it a night. Holy fuckall!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So in conclusion, USC has 11 national championships, but that doesn't exclude them from getting beat by WSU at home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    edited May 2014
    haie said:

So in conclusion, USC has 11 national championships, but that doesn't exclude them from getting beat by WSU at home.

Just picture Sark in an USC outfit and this is what the post game presser will look like. BTW in this vid Sark is full on excuse mode. Love how we have 18 penalties and he is blaming the refs instead of being accountable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evuSpI2Genw
  • Options

haie said:

Just picture Sark in an USC outfit and this is what the post game presser will look like. BTW in this vid Sark is full on excuse mode. Love how we have 18 penalties and he is blaming the refs instead of being accountable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evuSpI2Genw
    Penalties are overrated