Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My body MY CHOICE

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,306
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'm not pro-murdering babies.

I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20 week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.

I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.

I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.

I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11 year old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.

I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.

I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.

I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction in order to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE amount of fetuses.

I'm pro-Christina who doesn't want to be a mother, but birth control methods sometimes fail.

I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.

I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.

I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.

I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.

You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
    I'm pro-life.
    Their lives.
    Women's lives.

You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted.

AND NONE OF THIS IS ANY POLITICIAN’S BUSINESS. IT IS BETWEEN THE WOMAN AND MAYBE HER FAMILY AND HER DOCTOR, FULL STOP.

Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!

A superfluous way of saying they're pro-murder.
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20 week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.

I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.

I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.

I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11 year old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.

I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.

I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.

I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction in order to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE amount of fetuses.

I'm pro-Christina who doesn't want to be a mother, but birth control methods sometimes fail.

I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.

I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.

I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.

I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.

I'm pro-life.
    Their lives.
    Women's lives.

AND NONE OF THIS IS ANY POLITICIAN’S BUSINESS. IT IS BETWEEN THE WOMAN AND MAYBE HER FAMILY AND HER DOCTOR, FULL STOP.

RoadTrip said:

I'm pro-life.
    Their lives.
    Women's lives.

A superfluous way of saying they're pro-murder.
    How dare you.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,393
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

I get tired of the media fueled abortion debate but how is limiting it to the first 20 weeks unreasonable?

20 weeks is way too long. 12 should be the max. Hell France only allows 10 weeks.
    Allow 0 weeks. I didn't think about abortion that much until I had kids. Could never imagine killing them. If you can you need help.
    I am only ok either it when you can take a pill for it. After that, no... but yeah how anyone could do it is. Barbaric
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RoadTrip said:

jecornel said:
    Who the fuck is this lunatic and fat ass cuck next to her?
    The Young Turks. Cenk wanted to fight Rogan.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

RoadTrip said:

jecornel said:
    Who? The lunatics on the left have no shortage of freaks to service them. And Rogan didn't oblige? I mean his only way of losing would be if the fat ass sat on him.
  • Options
    RoadTrip said:

46XiJCAB said:

RoadTrip said:

jecornel said:
    Who? The lunatics on the left have no shortage of freaks to service them. And Rogan didn't oblige? I mean his only way of losing would be if the fat ass sat on him.
    He’s a loudmouth “badass” Turk. Once a Republican he is now a total Progressive. One of the founders of Justice Democrats which gave us AOC and other radical DIMS.

There’s a famous rant of him going off like a little bitch at an airport. He promised to “end him” referring to Rogan.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    46XiJCAB said:

RoadTrip said:

jecornel said:
    Cenk is a stupid fat fuck who needs to DIAFF
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,960

46XiJCAB said:

RoadTrip said:

jecornel said:

Speaking of stupid fat fucks who need to DIAFF....

Did the Dazzler go all Vietnamese monk on us?

• Options

46XiJCAB said:

RoadTrip said:

jecornel said:

Speaking of stupid fat fucks who need to DIAFF....

Did the Dazzler go all Vietnamese monk on us?

Stop teasing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

I get tired of the media fueled abortion debate but how is limiting it to the first 20 weeks unreasonable?

20 weeks is way too long. 12 should be the max. Hell France only allows 10 weeks.
    Allow 0 weeks. I didn't think about abortion that much until I had kids. Could never imagine killing them. If you can you need help.
    I think a decent compromise is to allow it but restrict it to 8-12 weeks.
  • Options
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Pick a lane Gavin.
    Sounds like he doesn’t like being controlled.

Newsom closes all Orange County beaches. Local officials call it an 'act of retribution'

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/04/30/newsom-closes-all-orange-county-beaches-despite-growing-political-backlash-1281581
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    What is a woman? Axing for my lefty frens.
    Ts n Ps.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are some weird takes on this issue. It's one thing to want to protect state's rights, but some things are pretty fundamental. That's why you can't have slaves in some states and not others.

I've done some thinking about this, and my views have evolved. As much as it sucks to have more derelicts born into society every day and inevitably increase the welfare state, nobody has been able to make a thought-provoking argument to draw the line anywhere. If you can't draw the line, the Catholics are right: at conception. The rest, my body, viability, rape, incest, save the mother, etc, is just mental masturbation. There is no reconciling it. It is morally unacceptable.

There is literally no justification for it. Human life at conception, period. No ifs, ands or butts. Are you allowed to kill an innocent bystander to save yourself? Or because the bystander has inconvenienced you? Did the fetus rape you? Is the fetus responsible for threatening your life? No, no, no and no.

States rights is perhaps the most retarded of arguments. We don't leave it to state legislatures to define what life is and where it begins, and we certainly don't leave it to the voters to decide that it's ok to just randomly kill somebody. "Watch out on your vacation to Glacier Sammy! The voters in Montana have approved the right of citizens to randomly kill people that they view as inconvenient." Please. Stop with this business.

Roe v. Wade should be overturned, and abortion should be ruled unconstitutional throughout the land.

So, no abortion, ever, in any circumstances. That's the right answer. I can draw no other conclusion.

I think if you're looking for a clear, brightline rule, this is the one. But I can't help but think at a minimum that people that have had circumstances thrust on them deserve some sort of exception.

I know rape is the scenario everyone loves to point to because it's extreme, but I think it's a valid example. And quite honestly, I wouldn't want a rapist procreating anyway. Same can be said for minor abuse, etc.

More broadly, as someone who thinks our population levels are fucked anyway, I'm all for culling the herd a bit. I'm not religious, so I don't worry about any of that side of things,

For me, the issue is:when does an abortion blur into something that could be considered murder. I land on viability. By then, there's no longer an excuse - plenty of time to have "addressed" the problem and the unborn child is just that - a child.

YMMV (but if you disagree, fuck off)