Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My body MY CHOICE

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

If people don't want a kid prevention is a far better solution than abortion. Abortion is now used as birth control. That ain't right in my book and if it is in yours you might want to take a deep look at yourself.

A sizable majority of all abortion patients are already mothers and are having their first abortion.

About half as many abortions are even being performed compared with 30 years ago.

Moralistic refrains about some sudden uptick in using abortion as birth control are untrue, and they are especially dishonest coming from an old man who opposes abortion under all circumstances anyway.
    Show a little respect:

He’s the only other person in this thread besides @RoadTrip and me who has no explaining to do. Not sure about Mike, though he understands the problem.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

If people don't want a kid prevention is a far better solution than abortion. Abortion is now used as birth control. That ain't right in my book and if it is in yours you might want to take a deep look at yourself.

A sizable majority of all abortion patients are already mothers and are having their first abortion.

About half as many abortions are even being performed compared with 30 years ago.

Moralistic refrains about some sudden uptick in using abortion as birth control are untrue, and they are especially dishonest coming from an old man who opposes abortion under all circumstances anyway.
    Show a little respect:

He’s the only other person in this thread besides @RoadTrip and me who has no explaining to do. Not sure about Mike, though he understands the problem.

Huh? I think I've been clear. Always have been. Classical liberal positions never

I’ve actually changed my views on this for intellectual reasons. I’ve laid out the argument, which as far as I know is unassailable.

The Practicality bros don’t like it because their noses are being rubbed in a harsh reality they don’t want to face: they’re ok with killing some innocent children because society!!

If you understand the issue as do I then you know there’s no more important topic on which to concern oneself before us.

There is no trolling here. I’d have said so by now.

At least the crazy left has convinced itself it’s not killing a person. Practicality Bros are worse: they know what it is and abide by it anyway because trimesters!!! Fuck that. It’s wrong at the eleventh hour and it’s wrong at the very first nano-second of conception.

Let’s quit fucking around here on this.

A Q. Where do you stand on the morning after pill and IUDs?
    If Plan B prevents pregs by delaying the release of an egg from the ovary, then I’m all for it. If, like the IUD (as I understand it), it does so by changing the uterine wall and thereby preventing the fertilized egg from attaching, then I’m afraid that’s effectively abortion. And you know where I stand on that point.

So, the pill, I guess sometimes, and based on my limited understanding of the IUD, never.
    No. Plan B prevents a fertilized eggs from attaching to the uterine wall. In fact, while traditional hormonal birth control pills stop ovulation, that's not 100% and they often prevent the fertilized egg from attaching to the uterine wall.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,201
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Show a little respect:

I'm showing as little as possible, believe me.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Show a little respect:

Huh? I think I've been clear. Always have been. Classical liberal positions never

I’ve actually changed my views on this for intellectual reasons. I’ve laid out the argument, which as far as I know is unassailable.

The Practicality bros don’t like it because their noses are being rubbed in a harsh reality they don’t want to face: they’re ok with killing some innocent children because society!!

If you understand the issue as do I then you know there’s no more important topic on which to concern oneself before us.

At least the crazy left has convinced itself it’s not killing a person. Practicality Bros are worse: they know what it is and abide by it anyway because trimesters!!! Fuck that. It’s wrong at the eleventh hour and it’s wrong at the very first nano-second of conception.

If Plan B prevents pregs by delaying the release of an egg from the ovary, then I’m all for it. If, like the IUD (as I understand it), it does so by changing the uterine wall and thereby preventing the fertilized egg from attaching, then I’m afraid that’s effectively abortion. And you know where I stand on that point.

So, the pill, I guess sometimes, and based on my limited understanding of the IUD, never.
    No. Plan B prevents a fertilized eggs from attaching to the uterine wall. In fact, while traditional hormonal birth control pills stop ovulation, that's not 100% and they often prevent the fertilized egg from attaching to the uterine wall.
    Ok. I read that the morning after pill, or one of them, prevents the egg from dropping from the Fallopian tube.

So however whatever works, it’s like this: anything that prevents an fertilized egg from attaching to the uterine wall is essentially choking the life out of a person. Anything that prevents fertilization is effective and moral birth control.

If your classical liberal view applies equally as between an adult and a newly fertilized egg, or more accurately, a human person, then I assume you honor the latter’s most basic constructional right. If so, you’re on the right team.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Show a little respect:

Ok. I read that the morning after pill, or one of them, prevents the egg from dropping from the Fallopian tube.

So however whatever works, it’s like this: anything that prevents an fertilized egg from attaching to the uterine wall is essentially choking the life out of a person. Anything that prevents fertilization is effective and moral birth control.

If your classical liberal view applies equally as between an adult and a newly fertilized egg, or more accurately, a human person, then I assume you honor the latter’s most basic constructional right. If so, you’re on the right team.
    Have you Locke?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Show a little respect:

Have you Locke?
    Do you see a major distinction between classical liberalism and libertarianism? Other than a more direct connection to certain authors (e.g., Locke), it's interesting you've adopted that label.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022
    Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Show a little respect:

Have you Locke?
    Do you see a major distinction between classical liberalism and libertarianism? Other than a more direct connection to certain authors (e.g., Locke), it's interesting you've adopted that label.
    Yes, they are not the same. For a period of time I was leaning toward an AnCap, but ultimately it’s not realistic. Someday TKS will realize his communist utopia is unattainable.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Show a little respect:

Hurtful, you didn't want to discuss property rights with me.

And yes, property rights are fundamental to the discussion.

Savery hall's definition of them not gates.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,883
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

But abstinence, condoms and birth control are so expensive and hard to get!

Birth control does fail at times, Papist.

Abstinence just reminds me of how attractive Bristol Palin is.
    You were an unsuccessful abortion. Mommy should have used Nippers Gosnell!
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Show a little respect:

Hurtful, you didn't want to discuss property rights with me.

And yes, property rights are fundamental to the discussion.

Savery hall's definition of them not gates.
    You're a modern day slaver imo
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Although, and this will require some thought, with my new stance of zero tolerance for infringing on the inalienable rights of an innocent person, we have to think long and hard about the inherent tensions between true liberty and holding to account the cum dumpers themselves.

As a practical matter of gender roles, with which I agree btw, women wind up dealing with the kids. Good ones, bad ones, and everything in between. Men seldom get stuck, and as Bob and friends frequently remind us, the "cum and run" tendencies of some of our fellow men lead to great pressure on the welfare state, not to mention what it does to crime rates.

If we are to further our? shared interests in limiting (or, fuck, why not dream - eliminating) the welfare state and maybe do something about crime, seems to me we should apply at least as much pressure on dead beat baby daddies as we do on girls to remain chaste or use reliable birth control.

Boys, you gotta have some skin in the game besides the skin you have in the game. Do we, then, go after dead beat dads with full abandon and squeeze those reckless welfare-making mother fuckers to the bone until they at least financially support their kids? Or, instead, do we take a pure liberty approach and say to unwed and poor pregos, "hey, you could have kept your pants on."????

Interested in Mike's, Sleddy's and Roadtrip's take, and that of the others who have the right point of view on this issue. Not so much interested in the views of the morally compromised, like Preston and Fire Marshall. Still praying for Race.
    Guess what, CC? Women on welfare frequently trap men by saying they're on the pill when they aren't. I had a scumbag tenant who did it twice to unsuspecting guys, then refused to get rid of the kid, so you and I have been paying for her 2 illegitimate kids for 30 years now. Think those kids have become productive members of society? Nope. Both on welfare and the oldest has been in and out of jail about a dozen times.

Sometimes a mercy killing is justified for the benefit of society as a whole.
    Turd, mi hermano: we are talking about one of the most basic moral principles that human beings have to weigh: the right to life and the few exceptions when we? can override that right. Self-defense and defense of property and persons in limited circumstances, and war, and that's about it as I recall. We cannot parse the infinite factual cum dumping circumstances of the masses. This is ivory tower ese. This is Plato's academy ( @YellowSnow ).

If we do the right thing and outlaw what should be blanketly outlawed, then we're going to need to do something about the welfare state or the homeless camps are going to be a detail compared to what'll be waiting for us.

Dudes will start using jimmy hats or get vasectomies or whatever. But they are part of the person-making process. Can't let them cut and run. Trap or no trap, nobody forced anybody to do anything. He was there, did what he did, and now he has to be held to account.

I can so no alternative, but am all ears. Hey, I had three and took care of mine. That's what real men do.
    It happened to my former brother-in-law by some crazy woman in L.A. He took responsibility and worked with the grandparents to raise the kid in the absence of the crazy witch who revolved between insane asylums, jails and crackhouses the entire kid's childhood.

Had it not been for wealthy grandparents, the kid's life would've been impoverished and shitty, despite her dad being a very decent guy.

These are the rarest of cases, however, when things work out okay for the kid and the trapped father.

I personally agree that a "termination" is a taking of a human life.

But I'm also wise enough to know 2/3 of the country will gladly look the other way and allow or support it, in case it happens to them or in their family.

Like war, the U.S. population will accept a significant amount of casualties to protect and defend their own asses.

Reality trumps Morality on this one. Take the L and move on.
    You don't know what loss means in this case. If you truly understood what torment forever and the absence of God for eternity meant, you would drop to your knees and beg forgiveness. CC is dead spot on and I am proud of his stance here.
    You are a hyper-emotional, stupid religious twit. Fuck You and your pious religious bullshit.

I agree with CC on the science and medical facts, that abortion is taking a life and that it's bad.

But it's legal and needs to stay that way.

Beyond that, drop to your knees and suck-off your prophet somewhere else.
    I think you made Mello horny. I'm sorry if I angered you.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,883
    hardhat said:
    May not be far from the truth with that fucknut at the wheel.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Although, and this will require some thought, with my new stance of zero tolerance for infringing on the inalienable rights of an innocent person, we have to think long and hard about the inherent tensions between true liberty and holding to account the cum dumpers themselves.

As a practical matter of gender roles, with which I agree btw, women wind up dealing with the kids. Good ones, bad ones, and everything in between. Men seldom get stuck, and as Bob and friends frequently remind us, the "cum and run" tendencies of some of our fellow men lead to great pressure on the welfare state, not to mention what it does to crime rates.

If we are to further our? shared interests in limiting (or, fuck, why not dream - eliminating) the welfare state and maybe do something about crime, seems to me we should apply at least as much pressure on dead beat baby daddies as we do on girls to remain chaste or use reliable birth control.

Boys, you gotta have some skin in the game besides the skin you have in the game. Do we, then, go after dead beat dads with full abandon and squeeze those reckless welfare-making mother fuckers to the bone until they at least financially support their kids? Or, instead, do we take a pure liberty approach and say to unwed and poor pregos, "hey, you could have kept your pants on."????

Interested in Mike's, Sleddy's and Roadtrip's take, and that of the others who have the right point of view on this issue. Not so much interested in the views of the morally compromised, like Preston and Fire Marshall. Still praying for Race.
    Guess what, CC? Women on welfare frequently trap men by saying they're on the pill when they aren't. I had a scumbag tenant who did it twice to unsuspecting guys, then refused to get rid of the kid, so you and I have been paying for her 2 illegitimate kids for 30 years now. Think those kids have become productive members of society? Nope. Both on welfare and the oldest has been in and out of jail about a dozen times.

Sometimes a mercy killing is justified for the benefit of society as a whole.
    Turd, mi hermano: we are talking about one of the most basic moral principles that human beings have to weigh: the right to life and the few exceptions when we? can override that right. Self-defense and defense of property and persons in limited circumstances, and war, and that's about it as I recall. We cannot parse the infinite factual cum dumping circumstances of the masses. This is ivory tower ese. This is Plato's academy ( @YellowSnow ).

If we do the right thing and outlaw what should be blanketly outlawed, then we're going to need to do something about the welfare state or the homeless camps are going to be a detail compared to what'll be waiting for us.

Dudes will start using jimmy hats or get vasectomies or whatever. But they are part of the person-making process. Can't let them cut and run. Trap or no trap, nobody forced anybody to do anything. He was there, did what he did, and now he has to be held to account.

I can so no alternative, but am all ears. Hey, I had three and took care of mine. That's what real men do.
    It happened to my former brother-in-law by some crazy woman in L.A. He took responsibility and worked with the grandparents to raise the kid in the absence of the crazy witch who revolved between insane asylums, jails and crackhouses the entire kid's childhood.

Had it not been for wealthy grandparents, the kid's life would've been impoverished and shitty, despite her dad being a very decent guy.

These are the rarest of cases, however, when things work out okay for the kid and the trapped father.

I personally agree that a "termination" is a taking of a human life.

But I'm also wise enough to know 2/3 of the country will gladly look the other way and allow or support it, in case it happens to them or in their family.

Like war, the U.S. population will accept a significant amount of casualties to protect and defend their own asses.

Reality trumps Morality on this one. Take the L and move on.
    You don't know what loss means in this case. If you truly understood what torment forever and the absence of God for eternity meant, you would drop to your knees and beg forgiveness. CC is dead spot on and I am proud of his stance here.
    You are a hyper-emotional, stupid religious twit. Fuck You and your pious religious bullshit.

I agree with CC on the science and medical facts, that abortion is taking a life and that it's bad.

But it's legal and needs to stay that way.

Beyond that, drop to your knees and suck-off your prophet somewhere else.
    I think you made Mello horny. I'm sorry if I angered you.

Why the @HHusky response?

Better to just kneel and pray to your Myth for my damned soul, no?